• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AlohaStitch
    "Always On The Move..."
    • Jun 2005

Re: Lilo And Stitch Tomrrowland

Same here, I love what he did to the castle! Always had a soft spot for DisneyCharacters, but Stitch just stole my heart. (Actually cause I work with Special Needs kids and a LOT of Foster Kids...that film hit home on a lot of levels)

Go get 'em, Stitchers!
    Originally posted by migo
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

Comment

• pineapplewhipaddict
      DoleWhipDrea
      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by 2DieFR

Need I remind you?
      Hmm, that does look rather amusing...it's kinda scary at the same time, though...

Originally posted by Reaver
      Apparently I'm alone here, but I love Stitch, and his invasion of WDW (including the cover of the Orlando area phone book!). And I think that pic of the WDW castle is hilarious! Better than the garish dren it's covered in now, I'd say.

That being said, I don't think a Stitch ride belongs in tomorrowland and more than an incredibles or nemo ride. But obviously my opinios are of little consequence to Disney...
      Ahh, "dren"...how refreshing to hear someone use that word again

Goodness, I just wish they could make a new, original Disneyland attraction, not based on any movies. I do like Pixar, I just hope it doesn't take over the whole darn park.

I am excited about the Nemo subs, though...heck, at least they're coming back.

As for Stitch, well, I think he's adorable. But I think if there was a new Lilo and Stitch attraction, it would be better suited at DCA.

Comment

• BigPigletFan
        I was deleted.
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by pixie chick
        hahaha!! even better! i think, if anything, DLR needs LESS stitch, not more. i like lilo, but if i see stitch on one more pin series, clothing item, or even worse, an attraction, i think i just might lose it. :bang:
        Stitch has so many pin series because he is one of the most popular characters people trade/collect with pins.

Anyway... I also think that a Lilo and Stitch attraction is not what Tomorrowland needs right now. Stitch has a lot on his plate in the near future with improving Stitch's Great Escape and the sequel: Lilo and Stitch 2: Stitch has a Glitch just to name a few. As others have said Stitch as an alien is Tomorrowland and Lilo is adventureland. However, a majority of the film takes place in Hawaii. So as much as we would want a possible Lilo & Stitch attraction in DCA, Hawaii is not in California last time I checked. But with the theme of the park or lack-there-of I wouldn't be surprised if I saw something there soon.

I know that there has been a "Talk to Stitch" part of the Innoventions exhibit and from what I have heard it has been recently removed. I did enjoy that as it was always fun to see what Stitch would say or do. I guess Turtle Talk where Crush talks to a crowd took over across the street from the one on one interaction back in Innoventions.

As much as I do like the Disney-Pixar films I feel that Disney has been banking on them too much recently for their attractions. And not only that but movie/character themed attractions. Think of what is new or relatively new.... (in no particular order)
        • Star Tours -- replaced a non-character/movie themed attraction
        • Indiana Jones
        • Roger Rabbit
        • Buzz Lightyear -- replaced a non-character/movie themed attraction
        • Stitch's Great Escape -- replaced a non-character/movie themed attraction
        • Dinosaur
        • Turtle Talk -- replaced a non-character/movie themed attraction
        • Monsters Inc. -- replaced a non-character/movie themed attraction
        • Aladdin's Oasis -- replaced a non-character/movie themed attraction
        • Winnie The Pooh -- replaced a non-character/movie themed attraction

And that is just the start of it. I hope you understand as we continue to lose things like the People Mover, Motorboat Cruise, Bear Country Jamboree, and others for things based off of characters. Now even Pirates is changing to be based off of the film in a new AA. Do that the right move? I don't know. Soon everything will be based off of a film and marketing will take over. Is that what we really want for the future of Walt's Magic Kingdom or Kingdoms and parks for that matter? Personally, I don't think so.

Comment

• InwardSinger
          • Apr 2005

I think that if they do end up making a Stitch ride at Disneyland, it should only have Stitch. Leave Lilo out of it. Stitch doesn't fit at all in Adventureland, even if he has Lilo by his side. He's an alien and thus can fit into Tomorrowland, which is now based off of science fiction instead of the future.

However, I don't think we will see Stitch in attraction form any time soon because of the terrible thing they have over in WDW.

Comment

• Reaver
            Reaver of Souls
            • Jan 2005

They removed the "Talk to Stitch" attraction?!? When did this happen?
            Honor those who fall under the sword.
            But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

Comment

• BigPigletFan
              I was deleted.
              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Reaver
              They removed the "Talk to Stitch" attraction?!? When did this happen?
              I didn't like to hear this either. But MelMel said that last time she was there it was closed. Maybe some MiceChatters can confirm this for us?

Comment

• Disney Vault
                • Apr 2005

I heard it is still opened. Maybe it was just closes that one day.

Comment

• BigPigletFan
                  I was deleted.
                  • Dec 2008

Originally posted by DBFan117
                  I heard it is still opened. Maybe it was just closes that one day.
                  yeah, Anders is going to check on it this weekend.

Comment

• InwardSinger
                    • Apr 2005

I was there just a few days ago and it was open. They don't keep it open the whole day however. It closes around 5pm.

Comment

• RocketRods90
                      In a Rocket Rods daze @_@
                      • Jul 2005

Lilo & Stitch in Tomorrowland??!??!? :lmao:
                      Rocket Rods--Ride The Road To Tomorrow

Comment

• ALIASd
                        Top Shelf!
                        MiceChat News Team
                        • Jun 2005

I happened to see an episode today that would make for a very cute attraction. It was basically Lilo & Stitch meets Fantastic Voyage. Evil Genius Jambba had to shrink & inject them (in the cute red rocket) into Pleakley to catch one of Stitch's wacky experiment cousins. He'd accidently injested it using sugar in his cereal from one of Hawaii's sugar plants....really!
                        It was animated to suggest a thrill ride thru Pleakley's system, a fun spin on the ATIS vein. And then Kim Possible....
                        "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

• Escapé
                          MiceChatter
                          • Apr 2005

>>Lilo And Stitch Tomrrowland<<

:yuck:

Sorry for the unpopular reaction.

:mob:

Comment

• BigPigletFan
                            I was deleted.
                            • Dec 2008

eh.. why not just make a KP or Raven attraction while we are at it?
                            Or I know.. how about Lizzie... :lmao: :roll:

:rant: um.. no thank you.

Comment

• stitch101
                              MiceChatter
                              • May 2005

Kim Possible Raven???? they don't fit anywhere in the Disneyland Park. But maybe it could go to the Hollywood area of DCA.
                              Last edited by stitch101; 07-10-2005, 07:46 AM.

Comment

• MickeyMania
                                Vehicle rotating backward
                                • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Disneyfreak
                                LOL that is a perfect example. That goes for all the rest of pixars junk rides.
                                *hangs head* Sigh...

The above post is an example of some of the groupthink that goes on on in this forum.

"All the rest of Pixar's junk rides?" You haven't even been on them. Who are you to criticize? For all you know, a Pixar film tie-in ride that lives only on drawing boards today might blow your socks off in years to come. Pixar has two rides at current. Astro Blasters, which is a sorely needed people-eater, and It's Tough To Be A Bug. I won't count the other Bug's Land attractions against them becuase that was a Disney idea to try and salvage DCA.

There's two rides on the drawing board, one is currently scheduled to be exclusive to Anaheim and the other to Paris.

Now, didn't I remember that another rallying cry around here was for more park-exclusive rides? Hmmm?

Get over it. I can't believe that people have turned to bashing Pixar for making good movies while Disney hasn't been able to prove that they can make one since Lilo & Stitch and Emperor's New Groove.

Comment

• stitch101
                                  MiceChatter
                                  • May 2005

There is way they could get both Lilo and Stitch in Tommorrowland. But i want you to figure it out on your own.

Comment

• Morrigoon
                                    insufferable know-it-all
                                    • Jan 2005

MM: Agreed. Frankly, as Pixar is the only one making great films these days, if they're going to do anything with film tie-ins, it should be with the good (Pixar) films.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                    Working...
                                    X