• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Disneylander
    Knows Where His Towel Is
    • Jul 2007

Should There Even Be A 3rd Gate?

Let's face it, Disneyland is more magical when it's smaller. Keep expanding it, and there's the fact that it will become too 'impersonal', like WDW across the way.

So what do you guys think? Do you think that the magic and wonder of DLR would be better served by adding a third gate, or not, and why?

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <<LIFE, THE UNIVERSE, AND EVERYTHING>>
  • AwesomeMan33
    Fighter Pilot
    • Apr 2007

Re: Should There Even Be A 3rd Gate?

its a resort now. It needs to be a big place.
    http://www.myspace.com/nygard33

Comment

• cal4iri
      • Mar 2006

I think a 3rd gate would be amazing if it were done right the first time. Get Lasetter, Baxter, and those guys to do it. Give them a good budget and let them run with it. That will give us a park we can appreciate. Of course there will always be haters but still, a 3rd park would be awesome!

I still cross my fingers for a Villian park though.
      I think there's a lot there that hasn't been tapped into and it could be so rad!

"What?? I'm sorry John, I couldn't hear you. Oh, me, sure!! I'd love to help design it!! I know a few people from MiceChat that would love to help too!"

Comment

• Junthor
        DL Nerd
        • Apr 2007

Why do people say 3rd gate instead of 3rd park?
        All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

Comment

• Radiobarry
          Angel Fan MC Man
          • Apr 2005

I say get the priorities in order. Before you even start a third gate...

You've got major projects on your hands, especially with that park across the way from the original.

Take care of everything that needs fixing in the two "gates" you're already charging people an arm and a leg to get in.

When that's done, say maybe ten years from now, then let's talk.

--Barry
          God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

• RatherB@Disneyland
            MiceChatter
            • Feb 2007

I don't think the addition of another park detracts or makes any difference of the magic inside Disneyland.

Comment

• cal4iri
              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Radiobarry View Post

--Barry
              I totally agree with you there.

And one thing I would love is for something brand new, huge, life changing to be planned and built with no secrets or anything slipping out. I know that's impossible but wouldn't that be nice?!?!

Comment

• InnerSpace
                MiceChatter
                • Jun 2006

I wish they would make a water park as a third gate. A resort destination isn't complete without a highly themed water park. Disney World has two, Knott's has one, Magic Mountain has one, why not Disneyland? Plus, a water park would not "detract" from the other parks as people keep saying.

Why do people say 3rd gate instead of 3rd park?
                Because people think they sound more magical if they say 'gate' when referring to a Disney park.
                Last edited by InnerSpace; 08-07-2007, 01:48 PM.

Comment

• cal4iri
                  • Mar 2006

I know a lot of people like water parks but I've never been a fan of them. They're just dirty to me.

Comment

• misterp102778
                    Donalds younger brother
                    • Mar 2006

no no no just make some very nice new disney vacation villas:0)

Comment

• DisneyIPresume
                      Beach Expert
                      • Sep 2006

I would hardly refer to Knott's or Magic Mountains as resorts...

Comment

• Doofy
                        • Aug 2006

After the renovations of DCA are completed they should open a third park. It would make people stay even longer. I would prefer they open a couple more hotels first.
                        Check out my new Disney Blog here. What it lacks in quality it makes up with... Well, nothing I guess.

Comment

• DisneyIPresume
                          Beach Expert
                          • Sep 2006

I would hardly refer to Knott's or Magic Mountain as resorts...

Comment

• patattack
                            MiceChatter
                            • May 2007

more hotels are going to be built

Comment

• Baloo
                              • Jun 2005

Originally posted by Radiobarry View Post

You've got major projects on your hands, especially with that park across the way from the original.

Take care of everything that needs fixing in the two "gates" you're already charging people an arm and a leg to get in.

When that's done, say maybe ten years from now, then let's talk.

--Barry

Very true but isn't that what is being done.

They are taking care of the second gate expanding the hotel resorts and DTD. All this scheduled for the next ten years.

It's never too soon to start desiging a third gate and preparing for it. That way when those ten years are up they do not waste another several years desiging the park and then another two years building it.

something needs to be done to the large piece of land soon, it can not stay empty and expect the city and surrounding area to just wait for another two decades.

Disney has exccess cash flow now, better to plan when the money is there then wait when its not and then have too start cutting budgets or postponing things again.

Disneyland and DCA can not be full built out before the third gate is built. There always has to be room to expand and change the first two gates to keep the viable and fresh

Comment

• B.Toast
                                Tower Fanatic Since 1996
                                • Feb 2007

I love Disneyland because I don't have to stay a week to do everything I want. The nice thing about Disneyland is that everything is in walking distance, and very accessible. Adding a 3rd gate would subtract from that feeling. Unfortunately, the way Disney operates now, I have a feeling that a 3rd gate is inevitable.
                                Tyler

Comment

• The Disneylander
                                  Knows Where His Towel Is
                                  • Jul 2007

Knott's Berry Farm is a resort. It has a theme park, a water park, a DtD-like area, and its own hotel.

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
                                  HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
                                  ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
                                  FOLLOW MY BLOG: <<LIFE, THE UNIVERSE, AND EVERYTHING>>

Comment

• hollywood1939
                                    isn't an elitist
                                    MiceChat Round-Up Crew
                                    • Sep 2006

No, work on what needs to be fixed.
                                    -Jack :geek:
                                    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Comment

• Diznyfan
                                      MA Reader Since 2003
                                      • Mar 2007

Bring on a 3rd and a 4th and a 5th if they can manage, I think its great when they expand, if they give us quality. I believe that the DLR will be a world class destination in less then 20 years. Especially with the cruise lines coming west and the DCA and DLH overhauls, plus new hotels and God knows what else they have up their sleeves. This is very exciting to me and it will just give me more excuses to spend more time (and money) at the resort.

P.S. For those who feel the need to tell me this, I know people already come from all over the world but nothing like WDW.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge..."
                                      -Albert Einstein
                                      sigpic

Comment

• InnerSpace
                                        MiceChatter
                                        • Jun 2006

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
                                        I would hardly refer to Knott's or Magic Mountain as resorts...
                                        Why, because they're not Disney?

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X