This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walt Disney's Apartment????

Through patience and networking I have managed (one way or another) to get into some of the most exclusive areas of the park. However I have struck out in touring Walt Disney's Apartment over the Main Street Fire Station. Has any body had this amazing opportunity? Does anyone know how to make this happen?

Elvisears

On a separate note I will be in Memphis for Elvis week anyone else going?

Re: Walt Disney's Apartment????

Have you tried paying for a guided tour? I think they take you up there.

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disn...tstepsTourPage

From the link above:

Take a guided tour through Disneyland
    • Lots of fun facts and trivia.
    • A ride on the DisneylandDisneylandDisneylandAudio-Animatronics
    Tour Length: Approximately 3.5 hours
    Price Info:Additional Information
    • <LI class=bodyList3>Valid Disneyland

Comment

They do not take you up there. That is still one of the "non public" behind the scenes locations. I have been up there and it was amazing, but it is very simple just like you would expect it to be. It looks almost the exact same as when Walt used to stay up there some 40+ years ago. They changed out the carpet to a lighter color.
      Kungaloosh!

*END OF LINE*

Comment

I don't think this tour takes you to the firehouse apartment.

Comment

No, Walt's Apartment is not included in the tour, if it was....I'd take the tour in a heart beat. You need to know someone or be someone.....
          Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
          it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

Originally posted by Elvisears View Post
            Through patience and networking I have managed (one way or another) to get into some of the most exclusive areas of the park. However I have struck out in touring Walt Disney's Apartment over the Main Street Fire Station. Has any body had this amazing opportunity? Does anyone know how to make this happen?

Elvisears

On a separate note I will be in Memphis for Elvis week anyone else going?
            I haven't been able to get up there, and it wasn't on the pay tour.

Who's Elvis?

Comment

A stage manager took a group of us up there to look around. Which I've heard happens a few times. It was a fun experience.

Comment

I went up there before with some other special peeps and it was really nice looking around, looking out the windows, even standing on the roof top of the building. It was one of those days I wish I had a camera.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Originally posted by wolfy999 View Post
                  You need to know someone or be someone.....
                  I know someone! I am also a someone.

However, whether I am the right kind of someone or whether I know the right someone is for someone else to decide. Somehow, someday.
                  I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

Comment

The tour of Walt's Apartment is really nice, they have some personal effects of his still in there.

It may just have been me, but I got a glimpse of what the Genius saw quite often from his vantage point in his Apartment.

It really made me wish, that'd I would have gotten to meet him in person before he passed on, even if it was just a simple hello.

I swore I could feel his presence...but it could have just been my jaw-dropped awe of the place.
                    sigpic

Comment

I've been, and it's AWESOME!! Here's a link to a guided tour. http://www.ocregister.com/multimedia/disneyapartment/

One thing they won't show is the bathroom. It's the weirdest color of mustard. I guess it was probably very modern back in the '50s. It's very small with a toilet, a sink, and next to that a shower. In the shower there are 5 shower heads that come out of the wall. Super deluxe!

It was amazing being in there, and I was so grateful to my friend who gave me the tour. I have to say though, that if you want to get a more intimate experience of the life of Walt, go see his barn in Griffith Park. He actually built the workbenches, and there are a lot of his personal effects there on display. He spent much more time there than he did in the apartment on Main St.

Comment

Originally posted by Neverlandtink View Post
                        I've been, and it's AWESOME!! Here's a link to a guided tour. http://www.ocregister.com/multimedia/disneyapartment/

One thing they won't show is the bathroom. It's the weirdest color of mustard. I guess it was probably very modern back in the '50s. It's very small with a toilet, a sink, and next to that a shower. In the shower there are 5 shower heads that come out of the wall. Super deluxe!

When I went, the shower was full of boxes! What was in them, I don't know but I hope they weren't using it as storage!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                        http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Originally posted by Coheteboy View Post
                          When I went, the shower was full of boxes! What was in them, I don't know but I hope they weren't using it as storage!
                          That's funny! I actually got inside and my friend took a picture. I snapped a picture of her sitting on the toilet, haha.

Comment

Yes, I have been there. Very, very cool. But sorry, I don't know what to tell you on how to get in.

Comment

I'd pay a lot to get in there. It has to be amazing to just look out at main street just as Walt did.
                              :thumbup: I'm back MiceChat:yea:

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X