This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jedi Training Academy?

What is it? At first, I just thought it was just something cool to put on a T Shirt, that it wasn't real, but then I saw an ad in the Disneyland map for it. That kind of thing doesn't really interest me, so I didn't do it. Where, specifically is it located? What happens in it? Is it a ride? A show?
    Last edited by UltraCheese; 08-09-2007, 12:28 PM. Reason: Typo
    Thanks FlAmAbLe

Re: Jedi Training Academy?

its a Jedi Training Academy...says what it is in the title
    http://www.myspace.com/nygard33

Comment

A show that is mostly for kids.

Comment

It's a show where they train children 12 and under in Training to become a Jedi at an Academy. They play through out the day from 10:30 to 6:00 P.M

Comment

Couldn't do it anyway...I'm too old
          Thanks FlAmAbLe

Comment

But it is an absolute BLAST to go and watch. Usually laughing so hard I'm crying.
            Originally posted by migo
            I poop with joy!
            Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

Comment

I wouldn't say its a capitalize "blast". As a hardcore SW fan I find its flaws and younglings like that should be easy prey for a Stormtrooper blaster
              http://www.myspace.com/nygard33

Comment

It is a most likely very warm Cast Member dressed as Darth Vadar hoping the children don't get overenthusiastic and whack him silly with the plastic lightsabers. Tommorowland Stage.
                when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Comment

The Jedi Training Academy is yet another clever way for Disney to sell more crap to your kids. Your kids will want you to buy them the lightsaber and Jedi robe and all day long they will swing that lightsaber around hitting other guests who don't find it as amusing as you and your kids do.
                  sigpic

Comment

Vance DeBar "Pinto" Colvig was born on September 11, 1892. I was born on September 11, 1959. Goofy huh?
                    OOPS.....

Comment

If anything it is fun to watch some of the kids approach Darth Vader ... because sometimes they are so scared they run away.

Plus, since it takes place on the Tomorrowland Terrace Stage makes for a good show when you are waiting in line for Nemo as well.

Comment

We enjoyed watching it last trip. The kids are great. There was one little boy, probably about 4, that could not figure out how to "activate" his light saber. The "Master" shows you how to push the red button, then swing the light saber forward. But this little guy just couldn't get it to work. So the Master gave him a quick private lesson, kid still couldn't do it. So the Master tells him to push the red button (he does) then turn it upside down. (Master is demonstrating to him at the same time.) It was so cute.

Then, when they are fighting Darth Vadar, they have another really little one up on stage, he has just gotten done with Vadar and was starting to move away when a Storm Trooper moved towards him and the little guy RUNS and JUMPS off the stage. The master looks at the Storm Tropper and tells him "Must make you real proud of yourself, scaring a little kid!" The crowd just busted up.

It is a cute show to watch.
                        If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Comment

your allowed to watch it.. only the youngins get picked though

Comment

The Disneyland Resort website has information on this entertainment offering.
                            This website has a number of threads (many with photos) on this as well available via SEARCH.
                            "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

It's funny to watch the kids. Like dude, if I was 5 years old (okay 13...) and I saw Darth Maul there'd be pee down the leg. But these kids get to "fight" him. One time there was a little boy who was onstage and he had a cycle. He would scratch his eye, scratch at an ear, pick the tush then pick his nose in that order. It was so funny! I mean why didn't he pick his nose then his tush? And it wasn't little picks...

The running off stage is hilarious!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X