This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holidayland

Anyone have any extended info on the Holidayland area that was adjacent to DL in the 60's? Any info would be great.

Re: Holidayland

Don't remember Holidayland so much. There was Melodyland which was a church right across the street on Harbor.

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holidayland_(Disneyland)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
        Uh Steve..... there was nothing there. Or am I missing something?

Wikipedia does not have an article with this exact name. Please search for Holidayland (Disneyland in Wikipedia to check for alternative titles or spellings.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
        all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

Warner Weiss...Paging Warner Weiss!

Comment

Link corrected and fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by mouseinphilly View Post

Good info. So could you get into Disneyland proper from Holidayland? Because the description makes it seem like it was disconnected.

Comment

A couple of really tall trees that can be seen from behind the Haunted Mansion, are from the original Melodyland site.
                :sc:-"Enjoy the rest of your stay here at Disneyland, where all of your dreams come true...well except for two of them, short lines and cheap food.":sc:

Comment

Thanks, Philly! Wonder how I could have goofed up a simple cut-and-paste!:blush:

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                    Good info. So could you get into Disneyland proper from Holidayland? Because the description makes it seem like it was disconnected.
                    I believe you could get into the park--by crossing the tracks near Frontierland. Problem was, as I recall, that because beer was sold at Holidayland, it was fairly easy to enjoy a few cold ones, and then enter the park while ripped! Definitely not what Disney had in mind.

Comment

"Link corrected and fixed."

"Thanks, Philly! Wonder how I could have goofed up a simple cut-and-paste!":blush:
                      By putting {/URL}) instead of ){/URL} (only with the square brackets instead of those shown).

So easy, a child prodigy can do it.

Comment

Originally posted by TrojanSkippa View Post
                        A couple of really tall trees that can be seen from behind the Haunted Mansion, are from the original Melodyland site.
                        You mean HOLIDAYLAND, MELODYLAND was something else.

Comment

I believe you could get into the park--by crossing the tracks near Frontierland. Problem was, as I recall, that because beer was sold at Holidayland, it was fairly easy to enjoy a few cold ones, and then enter the park while ripped! Definitely not what Disney had in mind.
                          Yeah...beer+railroad tracks never mix well.

Comment

Sounds like they put the land to much better use.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge..."
                            -Albert Einstein
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
                              You mean HOLIDAYLAND, MELODYLAND was something else.

Whoops....yes the tall trees behind Mansion were from HOLIDAYLAND, Melodyland is no longer with us...niether is Holidayland for that matter.

Holidayland was really nothing more than a baseball diamond and picnic area, used for outside events and did not have a whole lot to do with Disneyland itself, leaving those who attened thier company picnic confused as to why they also couldn't enter Disneyland. Theme park admission could be purchased by the renter of the space for an additional charge. IF you've ever been to an event at the Knott's Berry Farm Picnic Area it's sort of the same thing.

Yesterland has an interesting write up on the whole thing.
                              :sc:-"Enjoy the rest of your stay here at Disneyland, where all of your dreams come true...well except for two of them, short lines and cheap food.":sc:

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X