Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Hotel Discounts On A Person's Birthday?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hotel Discounts On A Person's Birthday?

    Hello all,

    My birthday will be coming up next month (Sept. 20th to be exact) and I was wondering if any of the Disney hotels have any sort of special birthday discount? Like 5-10% room reservations? Any information would be great!

    Thanks,
    Joe

  • #2
    Re: Hotel Discounts On A Person's Birthday?

    Originally posted by JosephTNielsen View Post
    Hello all,

    My birthday will be coming up next month (Sept. 20th to be exact) and I was wondering if any of the Disney hotels have any sort of special birthday discount? Like 5-10% room reservations? Any information would be great!

    Thanks,
    Joe
    I don't know if they do, but I do think it's a great idea.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Hotel Discounts On A Person's Birthday?

      Originally posted by JosephTNielsen View Post
      Hello all,

      My birthday will be coming up next month (Sept. 20th to be exact) and I was wondering if any of the Disney hotels have any sort of special birthday discount? Like 5-10% room reservations? Any information would be great!

      Thanks,
      Joe
      I visited Disneyland recently, and when we mentioned it being my birthday on the phone while making the reservations, they didn't say anything about a discount. I'm sure someone else could confirm this, though!

      Have a great birthday! :yea:

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Hotel Discounts On A Person's Birthday?

        I hate to say this, but if they DID offer this sort of discount, wouldn't alot of people later on just start saying it's their birthday to get a discount?

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Hotel Discounts On A Person's Birthday?

          Originally posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
          I don't know if they do, but I do think it's a great idea.
          Originally posted by WDWGirl View Post
          I hate to say this, but if they DID offer this sort of discount, wouldn't alot of people later on just start saying it's their birthday to get a discount?
          Thanks...I didn't think there would be, but I figured I'd come here to find out.

          As for the problem with the birthday discount getting misused, I guess they could make it be a discount for people 18 and over with an ID to prove when they're birthday is. Or they could tell families they can get the discount for their children's birthdays, but only if they bring their birth certificate. I guess it would be too much work to make it worth Disney's while, but that could be one solution to the problem you brought up.

          ...Joe...

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Hotel Discounts On A Person's Birthday?

            Gee, that would be nice...I'm staying PPH on my birthday this year! But I doubt they would offer a discount, based on the reasons everyone else has already mentioned.

            I do plan on getting my birthday button at Town Hall though...they still do that right?

            Has anyone ever gotten special treatment because CM knew it was your birthday??

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Hotel Discounts On A Person's Birthday?

              I dunno about a discount for your birthday. It's about as likely as a discount for tourists from out of town.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Hotel Discounts On A Person's Birthday?

                Originally posted by juliebutterfly View Post
                Has anyone ever gotten special treatment because CM knew it was your birthday??
                I've seen them get a queue singing Happy Birthday, the dozen tortillas for a birthday, that type of stuff... And you will hear "Happy birthday" about 30 times an hour.
                If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Hotel Discounts On A Person's Birthday?

                  Joe, I know you are a knowledgable MCer so forgive me for repeating what you may already know. The AP rate specials for Sept are awesome. We have reserved the GCH for $199/night during Sept.
                  BTW, Happy birthday! (early since I will forget)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Hotel Discounts On A Person's Birthday?

                    Originally posted by sdmom View Post
                    Joe, I know you are a knowledgable MCer so forgive me for repeating what you may already know. The AP rate specials for Sept are awesome. We have reserved the GCH for $199/night during Sept.
                    BTW, Happy birthday! (early since I will forget)
                    Thanks for the future happy birthday message. Also, thanks for reminding me about the great AP rates during Sept. I know that a couple years ago I was able to get a room at The Disneyland Hotel for $89/night for my birthday back then. And what made that birthday even more magic is that all of the rooms with the same rate I booked for were sold out. So, guess what happened? Yup! I got upgraded to a $600/night suite for free! Man, that was amazing! LOL

                    ...Joe...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Hotel Discounts On A Person's Birthday?

                      Originally posted by JosephTNielsen View Post
                      I got upgraded to a $600/night suite for free! Man, that was amazing! LOL
                      Wow, I hope that happens to us.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Hotel Discounts On A Person's Birthday?

                        The Hotels of the Disneyland Resort have been running at a 96% occupancy rate for the past year. That is pretty much unheard of in the hospitality industry to be that high. Most succesful hotels run in the high 80's or right around 90% occupancy, and anything above 95% is effectively sold out every night. So Disneyland Resort Hotels have no need or business purpose to offer any discounts for birthdays.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Hotel Discounts On A Person's Birthday?

                          I was on the phone yesterday with Disney hotel reservations and the operator said to me something to the effect of "You're spending your birthday with us." I didn't bring it up. I half joked and asked if that meant I got the room for free or something. She politely dropped the subject and continued with what I had called for.


                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Hotel Discounts On A Person's Birthday?

                            Originally posted by JosephTNielsen View Post
                            Thanks for the future happy birthday message. Also, thanks for reminding me about the great AP rates during Sept. I know that a couple years ago I was able to get a room at The Disneyland Hotel for $89/night for my birthday back then. And what made that birthday even more magic is that all of the rooms with the same rate I booked for were sold out. So, guess what happened? Yup! I got upgraded to a $600/night suite for free! Man, that was amazing! LOL

                            ...Joe...
                            That thing about the upgrade is just about the coolest thing in the entire world. Something like that can really make your trip so much better, especially if it was your birthday. A similar thing happened to me on a trip to Hawaii, and we spent our entire week there marvelling about our amazing luck.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Hotel Discounts On A Person's Birthday?

                              Sorry to be a bubble burster but the actual answer to the aforementioned Birthday Discount question is no...you don't get a discount because it's your birthday. The Hotels will do everything they can to make it a special experience for you...short of giving you a discount. Depending on how you book, there are different rates available, but the Disney Hotels, especially the PPH stay pretty busy throughout the year, so discounts aside form the normal Senior, AAA, CM, APH, Mlitary discounts are hard to come by.
                              :sc:-"Enjoy the rest of your stay here at Disneyland, where all of your dreams come true...well except for two of them, short lines and cheap food.":sc:

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X