This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indy Queue Enhancements

With all the talk of Indy ride enhancements I thought I would toss in some queue enhancements. The majority of these would be easily accomplished however some of this would require significant time to install.

Misters in the outside queue. Simple, clean, can make a hot day so much nicer. Put them in the Snake Columns and have them spray upwards, causing a "rainforest" effect. IF maintained it would be a nice and welcome enhancement.

LED's in the generator- this would add to the theme of the digs having questionable power, especially if it "sparked".

Secret in the Oblesik- this would require sequential sensors. When you trip the right combination of spots at the same time (multiple people standing in certain spots in the room) a light shines down through the burnt hole in the ceiling and a secret combination of glyphs appear on the Oblesik, led's shining from the inside outwards!

Darn Bats- Place air cannons out of sight and a random timer would send blasts of air down along with the chirping sound of the bats themselves. This could also be timed for either isolated "attacks" or a full room surprise.

The Falling Columns- right after the spike room they have a series of stone columns that are propped up and wedged into the ceiling. Again sequential sensors but this would be a combination setup, think 1, 2, 3, 4. When you step in the right spots sequentially, air would blast through the wedged stones and the thundering sound of the collapsing columns would travel through surround sound speakers as if they were falling in order from back to front.

A proper Goodbye- re-create part of the dart room at the exit, just past Bamboo Canyon and right before you enter the cave portion (think where the old AT&T sign used to be). This could be as simple as a timed beam, break the beam and in 5 seconds air "darts" are shooting out randomly. They would also be able to use the entire wall and stagger the height of the cannon placements from the ankles to the heads.

Just a couple thoughts.
    Last edited by techskip; 08-16-2007, 08:26 PM.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Re: Indy Queue Enhancements

Would cost a lot also....It's just a queue.
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

That will scare the kids really good. I like the Secret in the Oblesik idea, but it will slow the line down in some areas because of scared guests or guests who play with the effects, remember the well.

Jungle cruise the movie in 2009 ?????
      It's time for Din Din.

Comment

It would never have worked with the old line configuration but now they do that stupid pulse for Fast Pass... this would liven it up a little! Also with the combination of random timing and pinpoint sequential placement, it would take a while for people to "learn" how to do some of it.

sigpic

Comment

misters in the outside queue. Sounds great during summer until they break and here comes the rain.
          It's time for Din Din.

Comment

Originally posted by Professor Ratigan View Post
            misters in the outside queue. Sounds great during summer until they break and here comes the rain.
            That is why I said "IF maintained" also it would give the Jungle Cruise rainforest more importance because they would be maintaining misters in the same area.

sigpic

Comment

I like some of the ideas, but if they would plus the quee they would probably only do one or two of those things.
              :thumbup: I'm back MiceChat:yea:

Comment

I like the ideas. (Especially the misters!!) But i think that some of the scary items wouldn't be good to put in. I remember having a heart attack the first time I went through the queue and somebody set off the spike room right behind me. We wouldn't want to make it "too" scary.
                ~Pearl~
                Yo-Ho, Yo-Ho, A Pirate's Life for Me!

Comment

Low fog outside of the temple, I've seen it before and it looks really cool!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Professor Ratigan View Post
                    actually, it's great all year around. because it never rains here, literally.
                    Mickey ears - $10
                    Starwars lightsaber - $12
                    Autograph book - $7
                    Getting a picture with every castmember you see - priceless.

Comment

^ Hey, one time I went it rained the entire time. Sunny California is grossly overrated.

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
                      HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
                      ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
                      FOLLOW MY BLOG: <<LIFE, THE UNIVERSE, AND EVERYTHING>>

Comment

Not lately we havent had any rain all year

"Imagination is more important than knowledge..."
                        -Albert Einstein
                        sigpic

Comment

Remember rainy season 2005?...

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
                          HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
                          ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
                          FOLLOW MY BLOG: <<LIFE, THE UNIVERSE, AND EVERYTHING>>

Comment

I love the ideas....

I've always wanted to see actual flames in the torches outside the temple enterance...maybe coordinate them with the shining light in the obelisk room. The Temple "comes to life" when someone hits the right sequence in the temple.
                            :sc:-"Enjoy the rest of your stay here at Disneyland, where all of your dreams come true...well except for two of them, short lines and cheap food.":sc:

Comment

Originally posted by The Disneylander View Post
                              ^ Hey, one time I went it rained the entire time. Sunny California is grossly overrated.
                              Maybe Califia doesn't like you.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X