Friday, August 10th - Disney Gallery, Toy Story Mania!, Wonderful World of Color,more

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Darkbeer
    Darkbeer
    • Jan 2005

Friday, August 10th - Disney Gallery, Toy Story Mania!, Wonderful World of Color,more

Photos from Friday, August 10th.

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/3289371

A look at the closed Disney Gallery. Interesting the sign says they are installing a new exhibit, and that a couple of banners in NOS still advertise the location.

Short wait for Nemo (about 70 minutes) as most of the queue under the Monorail Tracks were not being used.

Tom Morrow at Innoventions still has his 50th Anniversary name tag on. Wonder who his supervisor is, since he should be written up for not wearing the "Where Dreams Come True" version

Barges and lights have been placed in the Paradise Pier Lagoon to test features for the Wonderful World of Color show that is coming to DCA, more than likely in 2009.

Toy Story Mania! construction is moving along nicely

New signage has been placed on the refurb walls surrounding the construction advertising the new ride, I counted 5 different type of signs, though probably around 30 or more are actually on the walls.

The Cove Bar is closed until further notice due to a swarm of bees taking up residence

And more....
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com
  • Alice's Wonderland
    Directly directed
    • Feb 2005

Re: Friday, August 10th - Disney Gallery, Toy Story Mania!, Wonderful World of Color,

The finalization of the Disney Gallery closure is so sad! I can't believe it's really gone. Maybe others feel the same way and that's why the banners are still up? Great pictures! I like the toy story mania signs. They're cute

Comment

• shadylanestudio
      • Apr 2005

Re: Friday, August 10th - Disney Gallery, Toy Story Mania!, Wonderful World of Color,

Great Job! Thanks.

Comment

• Witches of Morva
        Minion
        • Jan 2005

ORDDU: Thank you again, Darkbeer, duckling. Your pictures are always appreciated all the way to Morva. Now, about those photographs regarding the World of Color Lagoon show that we're all anxious to see; when does it premier exactly? First we were hearing 2008 and then 2009. We also heard that the water would need to be drained in preparation for this spectacular event. We're surprised the water hasn't already been drained, actually.

Comment

• Rocker
          I Don't Care
          • Sep 2006

Great job on your report as usual. It looks like they are coming along on Toy Story Mania, especially since the building is starting to show a little bit.

AUTOPIA: Fan Since 1991

Comment

• Darkbeer
            Darkbeer
            • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Witches of Morva View Post
            ORDDU: Thank you again, Darkbeer, duckling. Your pictures are always appreciated all the way to Morva. Now, about those photographs regarding the World of Color Lagoon show that we're all anxious to see; when does it premier exactly? First we were hearing 2008 and then 2009. We also heard that the water would need to be drained in preparation for this spectacular event. We're surprised the water hasn't already been drained, actually.
            Thank you witches for your nice comments...

As for the draining of the lagoon, well it has been rumored to be done the first part of the new year. You should know that Disney loves to push things into the next fiscal year. And heck, in the first part of the year, almost everyone in the park got in free by an AP or a 2fer

And it looks like they want to do a MAJOR redo of the Route 66 area to build proper viewing for the show, and why it was pushed back to 2009.
            Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

• MasterGracey
              Dateline Disneylander
              • Jan 2005

So much for even trying to keep Toy Story Mania! in a 1930s pier theme. Those posters are weak, and the TSM! logo looks like its for a DVD bonus feature.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Comment

• mycroft16
                I'm not really here
                • Aug 2006

Actually, I like the signs for Midway Mania. I think they fit perfectly into the theme. Back in the day, midways and pier based games always had barkers out front calling and shouting to the passers-by to come play their game. These posters are reminiscent of that. I think they, and the ride, will fit perfectly into this area. Especially after the theming is changed up some more in the surrounding area.

The building itself is coming along amazingly. I can't wait to see it in all its glory. I'm happy that the tarps are going up, as ugly as they can be, it means that they are beginning exterior work now and not just superstructure anymore. Paradise Pier is really going to be quite the site in a short time.

Thanks, as always, Darkbeer for the wonderful pictures you get and for keeping us all updated on the progress. I think one of these days I'm going to go and capture images from similar angles from all of your updates and create time lapse animations just for fun. If you don't mind of course.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

• MasterGracey
                  Dateline Disneylander
                  • Jan 2005

Originally posted by mycroft16 View Post
                  Actually, I like the signs for Midway Mania. I think they fit perfectly into the theme. Back in the day, midways and pier based games always had barkers out front calling and shouting to the passers-by to come play their game. These posters are reminiscent of that. I think they, and the ride, will fit perfectly into this area. Especially after the theming is changed up some more in the surrounding area.

The building itself is coming along amazingly. I can't wait to see it in all its glory. I'm happy that the tarps are going up, as ugly as they can be, it means that they are beginning exterior work now and not just superstructure anymore. Paradise Pier is really going to be quite the site in a short time.

Thanks, as always, Darkbeer for the wonderful pictures you get and for keeping us all updated on the progress. I think one of these days I'm going to go and capture images from similar angles from all of your updates and create time lapse animations just for fun. If you don't mind of course.
                  The concept of the posters is a good one. The excecution, considering the true cleverness and imagination and talent Disney has at its disposal, is underwhelming, to say the least.

The obnoxious bathroom product ads behind King Triton's Carousel are more in-theme than the TSM! posters.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Comment

• kennygman77
                    Kenny the Pirate
                    • May 2006

Great job as always. I love how you get photos from the coaster and sunwheel.
                    I like the new wait board and the return of Fortune Red to the Pirates.
                    Tom definitely needs to be written up for that name badge snafu.
                    I noticed that they changed the dates for TS Mania to open in Summer '08 now. I wonder if it will coincide with a Dream Job 2?
                    Kenny the Pirate
                    AKA Bad Mood t' Blackhearted
                    Disney Dream Job Pirate Winner 2007
                    Full WDW character and show schedules: www.kennythepirate.com
                    Follow my adventures on twitter: www.twitter.com/kennypirate

Comment

• disneygirl
                      far, far away from DL
                      • Jan 2005

Nice pictures!
                      sigpic

Comment

• DisneyMickey
                        Banned User
                        • Jan 2005

Darkbeer, I swear you and I always end up at Disneyland on the same day.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X