This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bengal BBQ not closing??

I read elsewhere that Bengal BBQ is not closing now. What have you all heard? I hope this is true, I love that place!

Re: Bengal BBQ not closing??

I heard making the Tahitian sauce and putting it on meatloaf is awesome! Then using it on "snowballs" (cheddar cheese in mashed potato balls... and I can't think of a way to make that sound not dirty, deep fried or baked.) is the best dinner out there.

Comment

I hope it is true because that is the only current eating place in Disneyland that I have not eaten at. (Oh, and the Carnation Cafe, but I don't like the way it smells). I have always meant to try it and I won't be back until next summer.

Comment

I'd hate to see it close.

That is why for the past year or so, we have dined there at least twice each trip.

We're hoping that the extra bump in business might change the minds of the bean-counters.

Well, we can always HOPE...

Comment

I *love* the Bengal BBQ! I certainly hope it stays open. I eat there every time I go now, not knowing if that will be the last time.
          I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Comment

I am also a big fan of the Bengal BBQ! I do hope it stays open for my next trip in a month or so!!

Comment

Every time I go by there it is busy. It's not my favorite place but if the customers are coming, why close it?

Chad

Comment

To bad they don't do shish kabob's!

Comment

I love the Bengal. I think the original idea was to redo the River Belle restaurant and the Bengal area together to make it a different sort of space (bigger seating? bigger food??). Anyways, I remember reading on Mice Age that the plans were put off for some reason or other.

The Bengal is saved! YEY! I love the bacon wrapped asparagus and the chicken kabobs.
                  sigpic

Comment

River Bell was going have a bigger area.
                    think in put a second floor dinning area. to add stairs where is the Bengal BBQ

there area manger was not happy hear that going lose there office.

the disney bean counter put stop to it?

Some say that River bell will get there upgrade but Bengal BBQ staying power

We will wait and see.
                    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day šoš 2010
                    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
                    Older photo
                    New Photo

Member of
                    MiceChat WDW Trip
                    Next trip
                    2014 Dec, 31

Comment

I pray its not closing! We LOVE Bengal BBQ. Its one of the only healthy choices in the parks and there's always a line! Of course I still miss the Tahitian Terrace and still shed a tear at the Aladdin Storytime mess that's there... It was a REAL getaway and genuine change of pace from the "you want fries with that?" food everywhere else. The Bengal BBQ is a shadowy waif of an alternative, but an alternative it is...

Comment

Bengal Shmengal! I want the River Bell to remain the River Bell with all my heart.

Comment

I have a friend who works over in foods in that area and she says the last she heard it's staying open.

But I don't want to go among MAD people!

Comment

Last time I was there, I asked the CMs about it, they said it was not closing, but River Belle was. (I am assuming temp. for renovation)
                            :yea:

Comment

Originally posted by Hippie View Post
                              Last time I was there, I asked the CMs about it, they said it was not closing, but River Belle was. (I am assuming temp. for renovation)
                              :yea:
                              That's correct...it's just for a refurb...we don't want to start rumors about Riverbelle now.

--Barry
                              God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X