This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• muppets

I think that this is long overdue, but........

since disney owns the muppets, isnt it about time that the muppet characters start making their appearances in the parks??

Re: muppets

There's a Bunsen and Beaker robot in DCA. And Disney doesn't own the muppets anymore. Apparently I'm wrong about that.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

Comment

A Muppet parade would be cool as well as an update to the Muppet attraction.
      Sig by Poisonedapples!

Comment

I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by BassBone View Post
          There's a Bunsen and Beaker robot in DCA.
          Not anymore. Bunsen and Beaker made their initial appearance in the park while WDI worked out the kinks. Then they shipped them off to another park. I forget where...

Comment

I've seen Kermit in Disney's MGM(or is it Pixar yet?) Studios in WDW. For autographs he had a stamp to put in the kids' books. They could do that at DCA.

Comment

A decent attraction is needed. The 3D film is iight the first few times but I rather see a Roger Rabbit type "Muppet Mayhem" kind of attraction. I wouldn't mind if they knocked down Muppet 3D in place of an attraction.

Comment

Yeah, the kids would like to meet the frog.

A stamp for an autograph would be fine too.

Comment

I agree and definitely would love to see more Muppets in DCA. I'd love to see a parade, characters and/or an updated attraction.

IMO, The Muppets and Star Wars both need expanded presences within Disney parks.

Comment

I've seen Miss Piggy walking the park. She's kinda' creepy. Like she's 6 feet tall and huge!

Comment

Originally posted by knittingknerd View Post
                      I've seen Miss Piggy walking the park. She's kinda' creepy. Like she's 6 feet tall and huge!

Mmmmmm, lotta bacon.

Comment

How come it is always me who ends up on the 'other' side of things?

**checks page 313 of 'Dianetics', muttering, "What's wrong with me?"**

Here it goes: I was never in love with non-Disney franchises having prominent representation in the Parks. I certainly realize that the Muppets have been 'acquired' by Disney. These characters however are famous as non-Disney entities.

More reliance on non-Disney entertainment seems a poor precedent to set. The 'Star Wars' franchise is still a Lucas property, more the reason to limit its influence in the Parks. Would it be cool to have Kermit and Vader running around the Park? Maybe, but ultimately I believe it is a dangerous foundation to build upon thematically.
                        Last edited by fo'c's'le swab; 08-14-2007, 08:41 AM.

Comment

i've also seen miss piggy walk around, but i think this would be a great idea. i'd actually like to see more characters in general at dca.
                          Angela
                          Going for Halloween 2011
                          *Click here to see My Disneyland Photos*

Comment

I don't mind em in DCA.... however, If I see em in DL I'm gonna take Kermit into NOS and Have me some frog legs.
                            All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

Comment

I kinda' agree with you Fo. I think first Disney needs to really put out better quality movies, in order for those characters to be represented in the part. The last few years have really lacked and they've relied on Pixar too much. Because their movies have been lacking, character recognition isn't high. I don't know how Disney can fix the problem, except write better scripts, don't rely so much on computer animation, and write characters that resonate with kids.

That being said: I am a huge Muppets fan. I love the Fraggles. Big Bird was my first crush. Oh! And I am a 2nd generation Muppets fan (my dad looks like Honey Dew, but loves Beaker.) so if I could see the Muppets (not the 6ft tall Piggy, but a normal sized Gonzo... like a real puppet sized one), I'd be so starstruck. The Muppets 3D lacks though.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X