Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tour Guides at Disneyland

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Tour Guides at Disneyland

    One of the jobs I'm interested in is becoming a Tour Guide at Disneyland. Can someone tell me what you have to do to become a tour guide? How much material do you have to remember?


    AUTOPIA: Fan Since 1991


  • #2
    Re: Tour Guides at Disneyland

    Try doing a search, I remember this came up not too long ago, and there was in depth info about what it took to be a guide. Maybe in the break room? Good luck.



    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Tour Guides at Disneyland

      These days, I don't beleive that they hire off of the street. I think you have to work somewhere else in the park, or else come in with a LOT of Disney knowledge.

      You have to memorize a spiel, because you will be giving tours ... but it's not a big huge deal (it's not htat hard, really). I know, I used to be in Guest Relations ... a while ago ...

      You just have to be a people person and LOVE the Disney Company/product and you have to care about Guest satisfaction! Again, I can't stress ... you HAVE to be a people person. You deal with people in every job that you do as a Guest Relations Host/Hostess. It's not all about meeting VIPs and going out on tour.

      Call Casting, and apply!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Tour Guides at Disneyland

        Anyway, I'll look into it. Here is some Disney knowledge I know:

        1.) Walt had two daughters, and on Sundays, he would try and find places to take them. Walt use to take them around some of the other small places around Southern California. The problem was that Walt would be sitting on a bench eating popcorn while his children would ride the carousel and have all the fun. Walt knew that there had to be something better out there- something that both the kids and the adults could do together. So Walt came up with the idea for a park- not an Amusement park, but a THEME park where both kids and adults could have fun together. In 1952, Walt went to some of his best film animators, and told them they were going to design a place called Disneyland. Someone told them that Amusement Parks were dirty and unfriendly, and Walt replied "My park will be the opposite."

        I'll have more later on...


        AUTOPIA: Fan Since 1991

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Tour Guides at Disneyland

          Here is some more that I remember. Just took a moment:

          2.) On Main Street, Walt had an apartment that was above the firestation. It was here that Walt could sit and be both near and seperated from the action. It was also a way to see what worked in the park and what didn't. There is always a lightlamp that is lit and is on display on the window in rememberance of Walt Disney.

          3.) Sleeping Beauty Castle is inspired by Ludwig's Castle in Germany. Walt had it flipped so that the back was seen from Main Street, and the front is seen in Fantasyland. The gate actually works, but it has only been lifted twice: Once at the Grand Opening, and again in 1983 to commerate the remodeling of Fantasyland. The castle is exactly 77 feet tall, and Walt had it scaled down to make it lee intimadating for guests because back in the medeval days, Castles were made to intimidate peasants.

          4.) When "Pirates of the Caribbean" was being concieved, they originally were intending it to be just like a walkthrough wax museum of sort, but it was put on hold when Walt was asked to create various attractions for the 1964 New York World's Fair. It was here that they developed a new ride system, that would allow them to transform this wax museum into a ride, and thus "Pirates" was made into a ride, and the system was taken from when they created "It's A Small World!"

          ...more to come.


          AUTOPIA: Fan Since 1991

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Tour Guides at Disneyland

            Originally posted by TheRockr View Post
            Here is some more that I remember. Just took a moment:

            2.) On Main Street, Walt had an apartment that was above the firestation. It was here that Walt could sit and be both near and seperated from the action. It was also a way to see what worked in the park and what didn't. There is always a lightlamp that is lit and is on display on the window in rememberance of Walt Disney.

            3.) Sleeping Beauty Castle is inspired by Ludwig's Castle in Germany. Walt had it flipped so that the back was seen from Main Street, and the front is seen in Fantasyland. The gate actually works, but it has only been lifted twice: Once at the Grand Opening, and again in 1983 to commerate the remodeling of Fantasyland. The castle is exactly 77 feet tall, and Walt had it scaled down to make it lee intimadating for guests because back in the medeval days, Castles were made to intimidate peasants.

            4.) When "Pirates of the Caribbean" was being concieved, they originally were intending it to be just like a walkthrough wax museum of sort, but it was put on hold when Walt was asked to create various attractions for the 1964 New York World's Fair. It was here that they developed a new ride system, that would allow them to transform this wax museum into a ride, and thus "Pirates" was made into a ride, and the system was taken from when they created "It's A Small World!"

            ...more to come.
            Please don't

            We're not hiring

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Tour Guides at Disneyland

              Originally posted by JeffYardDog View Post
              Please don't

              We're not hiring
              Burned.


              AUTOPIA: Fan Since 1991

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Tour Guides at Disneyland

                Oooh, a little harsh.

                Rockr, sounds like you're well on your way to becoming a guide. Good luck!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Tour Guides at Disneyland

                  Rockr, when i met you back in May i noticed how personable you are..very outgoing. I think if you want to do it, go for it!

                  and best of luck to you
                  Will there be screams when the sun sets,
                  -=Is It October Yet?=-


                  Originally posted by Tinkermonkey
                  elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
                  Originally posted by pratt55
                  Elly is adorkable.







                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Tour Guides at Disneyland

                    hey Rockr, here's a link to a very imformative thread about it

                    http://micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68913
                    Good morning, son
                    In twenty years from now
                    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                    And I can tell you 'bout today
                    And how I picked you up and everything changed
                    It was pain
                    Sunny days and rain
                    I knew you'd feel the same things...


                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Tour Guides at Disneyland

                      Originally posted by TheRockr View Post
                      Burned.
                      Not so much.

                      But save it for the game.

                      Don't want to leave it in the locker room.



                      I think RumRunner31 is in Guest Relations. And last I heard they would hire GR off the street (Main Street ?) though I suppose they might prefer otherwise. Also, it's kind of an apprentice situation; you start on the phones and backstage (Lost and Found, etc.) before you get to work out front a lot)

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Tour Guides at Disneyland

                        Originally posted by NeverNeverland View Post
                        hey Rockr, here's a link to a very imformative thread about it

                        http://micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68913
                        Thanks, I appreciate it.


                        AUTOPIA: Fan Since 1991

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Tour Guides at Disneyland

                          Originally posted by JeffYardDog View Post
                          "Please don't.

                          "We're not hiring."

                          Originally posted by TheRockr View Post
                          "Burned."
                          Or to put it in a more modern sense...

                          Last edited by mouseinphilly; 08-15-2007, 06:32 AM.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Tour Guides at Disneyland

                            Originally posted by mouseinphilly View Post
                            Or to put it in a more modern sense...

                            That's actually funny...and a better way to put it.


                            AUTOPIA: Fan Since 1991

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Tour Guides at Disneyland

                              Originally posted by TheRockr View Post
                              One of the jobs I'm interested in is becoming a Tour Guide at Disneyland. Can someone tell me what you have to do to become a tour guide? How much material do you have to remember?


                              Me too....I went on the 50th tour and realized that it would be a PERFECT job for me

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X