Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fog effects

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Fog effects

    Many of the rides have fog effects inside--it really adds to the atmosphere. But those effects aren't in the Matterhorn anymore. Maybe the wood inside is rotting...anyone have any inside information?
    sigpicThe Kid

  • #2
    Re: Fog effects

    I find it highly unlikely that fog could/would rot wood on a ride..

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Fog effects

      It would be interesting and cool if they had the fog effects at every tunnel opening. Not only would it add to the suspense of not seeing what's inside from the outside, it would also add to the theme of an Swiss Alpine snowy mountain from Switzerland.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Fog effects

        Solution: move the smokers' areas inside the base of the Matterhorn! No?

        Oh well.

        I don't remember any fog effects inside the Matterhorn. Must be off a lot?
        Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
        DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Fog effects

          That's right! Now that you mention it, there is no more fog in there. I don't know why...

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Fog effects

            Originally posted by monotonehell View Post
            Solution: move the smokers' areas inside the base of the Matterhorn! No?

            Oh well.

            I don't remember any fog effects inside the Matterhorn. Must be off a lot?
            This is a great idea. Make the mountain one giant chimney. Love it!
            VISIT my sketchblog: M54

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Fog effects

              Originally posted by Josh&Robert View Post
              I find it highly unlikely that fog could/would rot wood on a ride..
              well possibly , to be fair the "fog" that Disney uses is not a chemical based fog , they spray extremely high pressure water through a very very small hole to instantly create a water vapor based "fog" so over time , i could see that possibly becoming a problem

              My Maleficent tattoo


              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Fog effects

                Originally posted by Josh&Robert View Post
                I find it highly unlikely that fog could/would rot wood on a ride..
                Since fog is water vapor, and water rots wood, so will prolonged exposure to fog.
                Originally posted by trojanrobmc View Post
                Many of the rides have fog effects inside--it really adds to the atmosphere. But those effects aren't in the Matterhorn anymore. Maybe the wood inside is rotting...anyone have any inside information?
                Water vapor also affects steel (even galvanized, if the exposure is long enough) and electronic switches and relays-- and this may be the reason behind its absence(??)--in any case, good observation, Rob (or possibly this lack of fog conclusively proves that Al Gore is full of hot air [pun intended] regarding Global Warming ).

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Fog effects

                  Originally posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
                  Since fog is water vapor, and water rots wood, so will prolonged exposure to fog.
                  You are talking about mist. Fog and Mist are two completely different things. Fog is basically smoke. Mist is basically Water. Fag uses "fog juice" to create a safe and heavy smoke layer that can either billow up or stay down low and its not bad to breath in.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Fog effects

                    Originally posted by k_peek_2000 View Post
                    You are talking about mist. Fog and Mist are two completely different things. Fog is basically smoke. Mist is basically Water. Fag uses "fog juice" to create a safe and heavy smoke layer that can either billow up or stay down low and its not bad to breath in.
                    Natural fog is water vapor. Water vapor is used in the Matterhorn, not 'smoke' from fog machines. Water Vapor is denser, and less likely to dissipate as easily as 'smoke'.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Fog effects

                      No more fog?

                      What a foggin' disgrace.

                      Chad

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Fog effects

                        Regardless of what it is--fog or mist--they should bring it back!
                        sigpicThe Kid

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Fog effects

                          Originally posted by trojanrobmc View Post
                          Regardless of what it is--fog or mist--they should bring it back!
                          AYE!!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Fog effects

                            There used to be a fog effect inside the Matterhorn!?!?! ... I wouldn't know because the first time I've ever lasted the entire ride with my eyes open was probably 2005, and by then the effect was probably already turned off.
                            I am a rabid Disney fan. Possible future Imagineer (already designing rides for it)... I've only been to Disneyland. I'm hoping to go to Disney World this summer for the first time, and TDR might be possible in 3 years.

                            First DL trip - 1997

                            First WDW trip - N/A

                            # of Times I've Been on Tower of Terror (DCA): 68

                            # of Times I've Been on Finding Nemo Subs:
                            Argonaut - 1
                            Sea Farer - 1

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Fog effects

                              Originally posted by FinalAdventure View Post
                              There used to be a fog effect inside the Matterhorn!?!?! ... I wouldn't know because the first time I've ever lasted the entire ride with my eyes open was probably 2005, and by then the effect was probably already turned off.
                              Yeah, I think they got rid of it a few years ago...it's been gone for a while now. But when it was working, it was awesome especially at night. They had fog effects pumped in through holes in the walls. It was really neat careening through the mountain with all of that mist in the air!
                              sigpicThe Kid

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X