This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fog effects

Many of the rides have fog effects inside--it really adds to the atmosphere. But those effects aren't in the Matterhorn anymore. Maybe the wood inside is rotting...anyone have any inside information?
    sigpicThe Kid

Re: Fog effects

I find it highly unlikely that fog could/would rot wood on a ride..

Comment

It would be interesting and cool if they had the fog effects at every tunnel opening. Not only would it add to the suspense of not seeing what's inside from the outside, it would also add to the theme of an Swiss Alpine snowy mountain from Switzerland.

Comment

Solution: move the smokers' areas inside the base of the Matterhorn! No?

Oh well.

I don't remember any fog effects inside the Matterhorn. Must be off a lot?
        Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
        DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

Comment

That's right! Now that you mention it, there is no more fog in there. I don't know why...

Comment

Originally posted by monotonehell View Post
            Solution: move the smokers' areas inside the base of the Matterhorn! No?

Oh well.

I don't remember any fog effects inside the Matterhorn. Must be off a lot?
            This is a great idea. Make the mountain one giant chimney. Love it!
            VISIT my sketchblog: M54

Comment

Originally posted by Josh&Robert View Post
              well possibly , to be fair the "fog" that Disney uses is not a chemical based fog , they spray extremely high pressure water through a very very small hole to instantly create a water vapor based "fog" so over time , i could see that possibly becoming a problem

My Maleficent tattoo

Comment

Originally posted by Josh&Robert View Post
                Since fog is water vapor, and water rots wood, so will prolonged exposure to fog.
                Originally posted by trojanrobmc View Post
                Many of the rides have fog effects inside--it really adds to the atmosphere. But those effects aren't in the Matterhorn anymore. Maybe the wood inside is rotting...anyone have any inside information?
                Water vapor also affects steel (even galvanized, if the exposure is long enough) and electronic switches and relays-- and this may be the reason behind its absence(??)--in any case, good observation, Rob (or possibly this lack of fog conclusively proves that Al Gore is full of hot air [pun intended] regarding Global Warming ).

Comment

Originally posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
                  Since fog is water vapor, and water rots wood, so will prolonged exposure to fog.
                  You are talking about mist. Fog and Mist are two completely different things. Fog is basically smoke. Mist is basically Water. Fag uses "fog juice" to create a safe and heavy smoke layer that can either billow up or stay down low and its not bad to breath in.

Comment

Originally posted by k_peek_2000 View Post
                    You are talking about mist. Fog and Mist are two completely different things. Fog is basically smoke. Mist is basically Water. Fag uses "fog juice" to create a safe and heavy smoke layer that can either billow up or stay down low and its not bad to breath in.
                    Natural fog is water vapor. Water vapor is used in the Matterhorn, not 'smoke' from fog machines. Water Vapor is denser, and less likely to dissipate as easily as 'smoke'.

Comment

No more fog?

What a foggin' disgrace.

Chad

Comment

Regardless of what it is--fog or mist--they should bring it back!
                        sigpicThe Kid

Comment

Originally posted by trojanrobmc View Post
                          Regardless of what it is--fog or mist--they should bring it back!
                          AYE!!

Comment

There used to be a fog effect inside the Matterhorn!?!?! ... I wouldn't know because the first time I've ever lasted the entire ride with my eyes open was probably 2005, and by then the effect was probably already turned off.
                            I am a rabid Disney fan. Possible future Imagineer (already designing rides for it)... I've only been to Disneyland. I'm hoping to go to Disney World this summer for the first time, and TDR might be possible in 3 years.

First DL trip - 1997

First WDW trip - N/A

# of Times I've Been on Tower of Terror (DCA): 68

# of Times I've Been on Finding Nemo Subs:
                            Argonaut - 1
                            Sea Farer - 1

Comment

Originally posted by FinalAdventure View Post
                              There used to be a fog effect inside the Matterhorn!?!?! ... I wouldn't know because the first time I've ever lasted the entire ride with my eyes open was probably 2005, and by then the effect was probably already turned off.
                              Yeah, I think they got rid of it a few years ago...it's been gone for a while now. But when it was working, it was awesome especially at night. They had fog effects pumped in through holes in the walls. It was really neat careening through the mountain with all of that mist in the air!
                              sigpicThe Kid

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X