This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paradise Pier waves

I was in DCA this evening and while waiting to launch on CA Screaming, Sunnygirl and I noticed that the wave machine was working for the first time in I'm not sure how long. Has it been working again recently? I'm not in DCA often enough to notice these things.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

Re: Paradise Pier waves

Ahh, the wave machine. I got splashed a few times while waiting to launch.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Comment

wow! i haven't seen it working in a looooong time! very cool!
      <o>

Comment

It was working a couple of weeks ago when we were there. We also saw maintenance guys watching the wave action from the shore under the pier area.

My son asked me if we could rent that little pontoon boat there and cruise around the pond for a while. Maybe there's a future ride idea in that question???

Comment

Originally posted by DznyVan
          My son asked me if we could rent that little pontoon boat there and cruise around the pond for a while. Maybe there's a future ride idea in that question???
          i've always thought they needed to do something with that huge, space-sucking lake.
          <o>

Comment

I never even knew it was ever broken. Why hasen't Al reported on this??? I think someones slacken on the job again. tisk tisk
            Beautify Yourself

Comment

I'm glad to hear it. It's always a little bit of an extra giggle to get splashed while waiting to launch on "Screamin." Now... if the Imagineers can figure out something to do with the rest of that very pretty... but otherwise totally useless... body of water............
              "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
              -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Chaney
                I'm glad to hear it. It's always a little bit of an extra giggle to get splashed while waiting to launch on "Screamin." Now... if the Imagineers can figure out something to do with the rest of that very pretty... but otherwise totally useless... body of water............
                I have no clue how it could be done with no exact stage, but I think there should be a fantasmic type of show. I know they tried somthing with alot of fireworks before....but that was in the presler era....i think omet would really choose a good idea......OR better yet, get those people who created fantasmic back in the picture to make a new show.
                I was just thinking, wouldn't it be cool to have a stage that is underwater during the day, and comes to the cerface during the night for whatever type of show.
                Beautify Yourself

Comment

Yes!! I love when the machine works! :yea: It hasn't been in so long, I'm glad it's finally working again!

Comment

Wasn't workin' this afternoon when I was in the park, walking on to everything in Paradise Pier. Did Mulholland Madness, The Orange Stinger, The Maliboomer, King Triton's Carosel of the Sea, and Screamin' all in about... I don't know, 30 minutes?
                    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
                    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
                    May 6, 2005 - present.

Comment

Originally posted by Derekuda
                      I have no clue how it could be done with no exact stage, but I think there should be a fantasmic type of show. I know they tried somthing with alot of fireworks before....but that was in the presler era....i think omet would really choose a good idea......OR better yet, get those people who created fantasmic back in the picture to make a new show.
                      I was just thinking, wouldn't it be cool to have a stage that is underwater during the day, and comes to the cerface during the night for whatever type of show.
                      I personally thought that a dancing fountain type show like at the Bellagio in Vegas would be really cool in the water in DCA.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Ya Cool! Finally! Any Pics? I haven't seen it wprking in a while!
                        Putting the um in forum. Um...

Comment

Originally posted by llama5492
                          Ya Cool! Finally! Any Pics? I haven't seen it wprking in a while!
                          I didn't have my camera with me last night, but I'm going back tonight, so I'll see what I can come up with if it's working.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Originally posted by Anders
                            I didn't have my camera with me last night, but I'm going back tonight, so I'll see what I can come up with if it's working.
                            Thanks
                            Putting the um in forum. Um...

Comment

Originally posted by Anders
                              I personally thought that a dancing fountain type show like at the Bellagio in Vegas would be really cool in the water in DCA.
                              How about they make a show like Fantasmic using a stage like they use for Cirque du Soleil's O at Bellagio to have it underwater during the day and have the show at night, and instead of having the wimpy water jets Fantasmic! uses, have more Bellagio style ones that shoot water 200 feet in the air. Then, during the day, just have the water show running every half hour or so. I would love that...Fantasmic! on steroids!
                              -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
                              I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X