Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PM Track Queue Idea

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • PM Track Queue Idea

    Reading

    Also, I am sorry for starting another PM thread, I would just like to see something up there again.
    Jeff

  • #2
    Re: PM Track Queue Idea

    Are you proposing a platform that extends from Space Mountain to the People Mover? Because I think that would be somewhat of an eyesore.

    Also, on that area we have entrances to Space Mountain, HISTA, Starcade, and Pizza Port. I don't think they can handle another entry/exit point.

    But nice thinking... there's certainly a lot of land for SOMEthing.


    Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

    Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: PM Track Queue Idea

      This wont happen ever. Because that dead space is the roof to HISTA. And its only 4 inches thick. If you put too much weight on it, it will cave in. Thats why its blocked off.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: PM Track Queue Idea

        Originally posted by k_peek_2000 View Post
        This wont happen ever. Because that dead space is the roof to HISTA. And its only 4 inches thick. If you put too much weight on it, it will cave in. Thats why its blocked off.
        Good to know, I always wondered about the dead space. Thanks!!!
        Jeff

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: PM Track Queue Idea

          Originally posted by Coheteboy View Post
          Are you proposing a platform that extends from Space Mountain to the People Mover? Because I think that would be somewhat of an eyesore.

          Also, on that area we have entrances to Space Mountain, HISTA, Starcade, and Pizza Port. I don't think they can handle another entry/exit point.

          But nice thinking... there's certainly a lot of land for SOMEthing.
          I think he was thinking that the Peoplemover could load above the Starcade (or over in that area) instead of the center Observatron thing area.
          Love WoC!!!

          Next DL trip: August 2011

          "What do you mean we can't get rid of those weeds in time? Then go over there and put some fancy signs with Latin names in front of them."
          -Walt Disney

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: PM Track Queue Idea

            PM is going to be popular if and when it first opens. I think they would most likely load from the center platform because of the shear size of the queue! Starcade would be a severe limitation to this.
            "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

            sigpic

            "Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: PM Track Queue Idea

              There's no real need for a large queue if a system is utylized not unlike that of the old PeopleMover. Just have a little extra room at the bottom for when there are little rushes.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: PM Track Queue Idea

                Originally posted by DLR29 View Post
                I think he was thinking that the Peoplemover could load above the Starcade (or over in that area) instead of the center Observatron thing area.
                The beauty of the original design was the load and exit in the center. I think it would be better if they keep that in tact.


                Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

                Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: PM Track Queue Idea

                  If the ride is really a big *improvement* over just a plain old peoplemover, then it might in fact need nore space for a queue. They might have to use the area where the rolling ball thing is. There is a great deal of underutilized area there.

                  Does anyone else remember when Space Mountain had escaltors in its queue? Back in the days when Tomorrowland looked awesome and crowded (but in a very good and beautiful way)? There was not all the wasted space (cringe) that there is now.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: PM Track Queue Idea

                    They could use the second level of the Starcade, there is nothing up there, but not enough space though.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: PM Track Queue Idea

                      At first I thought Jeff was suggesting to put the queue for Space Mountain ON the PM track... could you imagine that? People queued up all around Tomorrowland and over Autopia? :lol:
                      Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
                      DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

                      Comment

                      Ad Widget

                      Collapse
                      Working...
                      X