Sunday, July 17th Meet at Noon, at the Plaza Pavillion... SAY WHAT?!?!?!!?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Not Afraid
    Gay Man
    • Jan 2005

Re: Sunday, July 17th Meet at Noon, at the Plaza Pavillion... SAY WHAT?!?!?!!?

One of the reasons the Plaza Pavilion was chosen was to give us an area with SPACE and not block the hub with our very large group. That concept seemed a bit rude, so the location was moved to a nearby local with less intrusive space.

Even if it is open, there will still be too many of us - and a ton of other people - to stay in the hub.

Comment

• Fantasmic_Freak
      MiceChatter
      • Jan 2005

Ok oK i will go the 17th, but i want at least a cell # of whoever is there so i can meet up! Also i might be with my fellow Vf.com group.
      Current DL Entertainment Technical Services

Former DCA Attractions CM

Comment

• mamabot
        Rally Vixen
        MiceChat Administrator
        • Jan 2005

You can always send me a PM. I can give those who wish to find us at the meets on the birthday weekend my cell number.
        Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
        I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

Comment

• Disneyphile
          • Jan 2005

I think it's simple, for those of you who want to meet at the Hub first, then please do! Ya all just know where to find the rest of us - at Plaza Pavillion. Besides, we stick around a bit for latecomers to arrive anyway.
          [email protected]

Comment

• Escapé
            MiceChatter
            • Apr 2005

Not to mention there are a lot of other website community groups who'll be choosing this basic area of the park for their meets.

I don't think we are going to find a heck of a huge difference among groups at these coming meets.

What I mean is ... the Micechat group will commence ... then an hour or so later when LP has their meet .. we'll see a lot of the same people. Then if Jim Hill, Westcoaster, Mouseinfo, Mouseplanet, etc, etc, etc .. have Meet Times .. then LOL .... we'll be seeing ... "OH, you're a member of Mouseinfo too huh? .. Nice meeting for the third time." :ghug: ...... a bit later ....... "Oh, you're part of Westcoaster as well? Well, nice meeting you - Fourth time." :ghug: .. on to the next meet ... awwwwe :ghug: same folks ...... next one ........ :ghug:

and on .. and on .. and on. :roll:

I bet the overall group off us all - combining all our usernames from other sites ... make up for a smaller group than we realize.

Comment

• chadb14
              • Feb 2005

Dang, I'm going to miss you guys by a couple of days. Have a great time!!!

Comment

• mamabot
                Rally Vixen
                MiceChat Administrator
                • Jan 2005

For those who will have this be their first meet, MiceChat or otherwise, feel free to PM myself or one of teh other Admins or Mods that will be at the meets that weekend. We will help ensure that you are made to feel part of the group.
                Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
                I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

Comment

• Disneyphile
                  • Jan 2005

Originally posted by mamabot
                  For those who will have this be their first meet, MiceChat or otherwise, feel free to PM myself or one of teh other Admins or Mods that will be at the meets that weekend. We will help ensure that you are made to feel part of the group.
                  Aw, do I have to? Can't I just point and laugh instead? :evil: (Just kidding.)

Yeah, what Mamabot said - I'm happy to meet up with any of you, even prior to the big meet so you can break the ice easier.
                  [email protected]

Comment

• Not Afraid
                    Gay Man
                    • Jan 2005

Originally posted by mamabot
                    Absolutely! If you're feeling the least bit squeemish about attending a meet, let one of us know and we can make sure you're hooked up with the Mod / Admin / poster that will be at that meet. Most uf us are pretty damn friendly. My cell is always available as well.

Lisa

Comment

• figment1986
                      Banned User
                      • Jan 2005

Ahh... I know i will be in the park.. sont know if i can get through the crowd to you..... even for a few mins... as my mother will be tagging along usually..

Comment

• Max Fischer
                        That Guy
                        • Apr 2005

What happens at these meets? I am a rookie, so I am not sure what happens there.

Comment

• Not Afraid
                          Gay Man
                          • Jan 2005

Well, there are orgys, and killings and loads of ridicule..... NO! Don't listen to me, I'm being a sober fool.

We just get together, talk, stand around for a while, and usually hit a few key attractions, sink a few boats (or rockets) and just generally have a great time. You're free to come and go as you please. It's not formal except for the initial meet time.

I think on Sunday we're going to hit the Carousel for a massive take-over.

See, stupid, fun things like that are what meets are made of.

Comment

• Max Fischer
                            That Guy
                            • Apr 2005

That sounds like fun, I am sorry to not be there on the 17th. Have a great time! Do you guys meet all the time? I am going to be there Sept. 5-8 and It would be cool to meet up with you guys. (Plus I could prove to my family that there are TONS of people who are DLR crazy, even more so then me)

Comment

• innerSpaceman
                              Social Imagineer
                              • Jan 2005

I'm gonna be at Hub, too - for starters. It's the traditional spot and I expect so many people to be there that if the Hub is not closed aforehand, it soon will be. Heheh.

It's not too bad of an idea for a new group like the MiceChatters to try and meet somewhere near the Hub that will have more space and less confusion. I plan on heading over there after schmoozing at the Hub for a bit. Heck, I bet there's "satellite" meets going on at the Plaza Inn and Carnation Gardens, too. Um, some of these websites had to have realized that the Hub is just too small for all of us.

Afterwards, we are indeed going to try and corral 70 folks from MiceChat and various other internet noon meets to Take Over the Caroussel. It takes only 20 to sink a boat, but 70 to sink the Caroussel. These meets often have 20, but 70 is a number rarely reached - and an opportunity not to be passed up!

Comment

• Circarama
                                Gumball Rally Godfather
                                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Disneykat
                                I'll be at BB at noon, but will call to see where everyone is afterwards!!!!
                                Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey, ME TOO!! :thumbup:
                                Charlie :wave:
                                MiceChat User #1037

Comment

• Circarama
                                  Gumball Rally Godfather
                                  • Feb 2005

I bet the overall group off us all - combining all our usernames from other sites ... make up for a smaller group than we realize.
                                  Whaaa, what do you mean DIFFERENT user names?? Doesn't everybody use the same name on different boards?
                                  I smell a new thread...
                                  MiceChat User #1037

Comment

• CaraGoCeltica
                                    Jacob <3 Cotton Candy
                                    • Jul 2005

:blink: :blink: Maybe I might be a little naive here since I am a newcomer to Micechat...But Where is the HUB??? I am seriously considering going up to Disneyland on July 17th, but I am not sure where in the park you guys are referring to meet up at... :meet: :thumbup:
                                    dMomDelta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑdMom

Comment

• Circarama
                                      Gumball Rally Godfather
                                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by CaraGoCeltica
                                      :blink: :blink: Maybe I might be a little naive here since I am a newcomer to Micechat...But Where is the HUB??? I am seriously considering going up to Disneyland on July 17th, but I am not sure where in the park you guys are referring to meet up at... :meet: :thumbup:
                                      It is at the north end of Main Street, where the statue of Walt Disney and Mickey Mouse is at. It is called "The Hub" because it is like the hub of a wheel... all the "Lands" in Disneyland extend from the hub, like spokes on a wheel.
                                      The Plaza Pavilion is southwest from the Hub, right across the street, next to Coke Corner (where they play the piano, or used to. Lately they have been playing the piano up on the Plaza Pavilion)
                                      MiceChat User #1037

Comment

• SCUBAbe
                                        no flash photography...
                                        • Jan 2005

I have a question...what time do you think is a good time to get there. I can be at DL by 7:30am or 8am, but some peole are saying 6am...that is EARLY!!! Do you think if I get there at 8am at the latest it will be a problem getting in?

Comment

• BigPigletFan
                                          I was deleted.
                                          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Not Afraid
                                          I think on Sunday we're going to hit the Carousel for a massive take-over.

See, stupid, fun things like that are what meets are made of.
                                          :blink:

Wow. Sounds like fun. :yea:

Originally posted by SCUBAbe
                                          I have a question...what time do you think is a good time to get there. I can be at DL by 7:30am or 8am, but some peole are saying 6am...that is EARLY!!! Do you think if I get there at 8am at the latest it will be a problem getting in?
                                          I don't think anyone knows an OFFICIAL "good" time to get there. :blush:

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X