This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Lilo & Stitch Attraction?

The other day my wife and I were talking about Disney's California Adventure and how it's got so much more space and how that's probably because they wanted to leave room for any new attractions that will come about in the future.

So it gave us the question- what type of ride would be best to add (besides Toy Story Mania)?

So here is my idea of a new attraction

It is a ride based on the movie Lilo & Stitch and it can be made along side the water front. It actually is built somewhat over the water because it is part water ride.

The style of the attraction would be a mix. Think of it as a story telling ride like Peter Pan but there will be the flair of involvement like Soarin' over California.
    The guest would get into a "cart" (for lack of a better word) because you will stand through the ride instead of sitting down. Based on the technology used it either is a glass globe type of vehicle or it has a curved windshield in front. I don't know what would be better to have the visual part animation or real life images or maybe a mix of both.

The cart will move you along a story based on Lilo & Stitch taking you through warm tropical scenes of Hawaii. Just like Soarin' gives you the feeling of moving along this ride makes you feel like you are actually moving down a road or from one room in the house to the next. You are taken through the town and the home of Lilo & Nani and watch their interactions with Stitch, Jumba, and Pleakley. You also get to be involved in their activities like surfing. (hence the not sitting) This is where the cool part comes in.

The outcome of the cool part would be a simulation of surfing while inside your cart. I inivision that the floor of the cart is see through or at least partial and below is either real water flowing or the vision of your on a wave using the technology that soarin' uses.

The story would most likely follow how Lilo & Stitch have fun but some how get into trouble and then have to work together to get out.

The two would eventually have to into space. So then you would see stars and planets under you and around as you fly in a space ship. Then as the ride comes to an end you travel back to earth and land back on the Island for a happy ending. Or maybe end with all of them at the United Galactic Federation.

So those are my thoughts. I could've put in more details but I didn't want this to be a novel.

Please feel free to offer your thoughts on my thoughts. Good idea? Bad idea?

Thanks for listening!
    We're devils and black sheep, really bad eggs,
    Drink up, me 'earties, yo ho.

www.ThisHappyPlace.com

Re: New Lilo & Stitch Attraction?

I like yuor idea however personally I think that when they open this new Toy Story Mania ride they should re do Buzz Lightyear and theme it towards Alien Stich... It would be a really nice fit in themeing and fun... and shouldn't cost an exhuberant amount...

Comment

You had me at Hello.

You lost me at Stitch.

Sorry, not a big Stitch fan here and based on the "least favortie Disney character" thread, there are quite a few of us.

Chad

Comment

yeah Stitch is the best
        http://www.myspace.com/nygard33

Comment

Stitch. Love him. Hate him. There is no inbetween!
          WDW - 1987 & 1991
          DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
          DLR - October 2011

Comment

Sounds kinda neat, although I have an issue with an attraction in Disney's California Adventure transporting you to...Hawaii.

Toy Story Mania "fits" because of the boardwalk theme (you're not being transported into the movie, just interacting with the characters in a boardwalk game-type setting).

I don't see how this would fit into DCA, tis all.

Keep thinking up good ideas...I enjoy reading these types of posts! :thumbup:
            "When entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic." -Sam Eagle

"I may have invented these bifocals I'm wearing, but I can assure you they're not rose-colored" -Ben Franklin, The American Adventure

Comment

A new water ride?! I have the perfect place for it!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sabres2006 View Post
                Sounds kinda neat, although I have an issue with an attraction in Disney's California Adventure transporting you to...Hawaii

Good point. It slipped my mind that it's apart of CA and it should be apart of a California theme.

Perhaps they go visit LA to surf?
                We're devils and black sheep, really bad eggs,
                Drink up, me 'earties, yo ho.

www.ThisHappyPlace.com

Comment

Originally posted by BigJonJ View Post
                  Good point. It slipped my mind that it's apart of CA and it should be apart of a California theme.

Perhaps they go visit LA to surf?

I always wondered why Disney never played with the concept that Disney characters are on vacation or something like that here. But in actuality, Toon Town should be in DCA, not disneyland.

But yah, Lilo & Stitch prolly wouldn't work in DCA for the very reason that Hawaii was such a huge part of the landscape in that film. Unless you do Stitch only and go to Tomorrowland. (please, no).

To confuse matters even more, Paradise Pier Hotel has the Lilo & Stitch Ohana character meals or something like that right?

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                  http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                  http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Originally posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
                    A new water ride?! I have the perfect place for it!!
                    When I get done with you, you won't be able to find your laughin' place~!)

Chad

Comment

So who would voice Stitch now that they've ostracized Chris Sanders?

Comment

Fun ideas, but for me, Lilo and Stitch is overrated. Cute but I'd rather see Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Mary Poppins even TRON rides first.
                        Last edited by merlinjones; 08-24-2007, 01:11 PM.

Comment

I had the same idea for a Lilo & Stitch ride, but the trouble they caused, it sent them to our beaches and they had to find a way home.

The surfing theme fits in DCA, so Lilo is an almost natural fit for DCA. The ride would just need some...imagination!
                          Took mom to Disneyland for the first time in over 20 years this week! Woo!
                          - March 1, 2006

She screamed, cried, and laughed...
                          - me too!

Comment

Originally posted by aashee View Post
                            You had me at Hello.

You lost me at Stitch.

Sorry, not a big Stitch fan here and based on the "least favortie Disney character" thread, there are quite a few of us.

Chad
                            What Chad said...

Stitch is the most repulsive Disney character to date.

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessY View Post
                              What Chad said...

Stitch is the most repulsive Disney character to date.

Stitch is better than Pooh and Tigger.
                              Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X