This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paradise Pier Hotel

My trip to WDW got canceled so we are going to spend the week in S cal with most of that at D/L. We were able to book several nights at Paradise Pier Hotel, I havent stayed there since before California Adventure was open and then there was a tram station between PP and D/L hotels that took you through the Lion King lots and to a tram station near where the buses from other hotels drop you. I dont think that tram station is there any more, what is the best way to get from PP hotel to the parks? WE have AP"s so we can always park in Mickey and Friends for free but if we can avoid driving over we will.

How far of a walk is it from PP to the Downtown Disney Monorail station?
    Is there a tram from PP to the parks?

Any help from those who have stayed at PP lately would be great.

Re: Paradise Pier Hotel

just walk through the Grand Californian - it's the quickest way. Park in the parking lot just behind the hotel - for free.
    sigpic
    Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

I was just going to say... I work at the hotel and it is easiest to just walk over through the grand... We go over all that info during checkin... It takes like 10 mins. to make the walk. Also you can use the private entrance at the grand since you are staying at a Disney Property Hotel...

Comment

It's about a five minute walk to the monorail in DTD. Or, if the valets aren't busy, they'll use a golf cart and take you to the Grand Californian. As far as I know, there isn't a tram from PPH. Have fun!!

Comment

No tram stop,
          It's about a five minute walk out the back door to the Monorail station in Downtown Disney. It's about a 10 minute walk out the front door through the Grand Californian Lobby to the main entrance of Disneyland. There is an entrance into DCA from the courtyard of the GCH.

Who knows, I might check you in.
          Last edited by TrojanSkippa; 08-29-2007, 08:52 AM.
          :sc:-"Enjoy the rest of your stay here at Disneyland, where all of your dreams come true...well except for two of them, short lines and cheap food.":sc:

Comment

Here are two marked maps from the front lobby to the Main Entrance Plaza, first the way Disney recommends (so you walk by the shops), and the option to use the Monorail (about .3 of a mile to the station)...

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=1257956

So that is .63 of a mile, about the same distance as walking from HoJo's or the Candy Cane Inn.

And here is the "shortcut thru the GCH, that some folks get lost taking...

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=1257968

That is about a half of a mile.

And then the last option, if it is after 9:30 AM, and before DCA closes, and that is the using the Private Hotel entrance to DCA. (about .3 of a mile to DCA).

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=1257978

That option is just over a half a mile (.52).
            Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

I would go for either of those two presented above, there used to be a private entrance to Paradise Pier but it was closed a couple of years ago if I am correct.

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
              HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
              ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
              FOLLOW MY BLOG: <<LIFE, THE UNIVERSE, AND EVERYTHING>>

Comment

Walking thru the GC only works if you want to go to DCA. If that is what you want to do, then go for it. I walked from PP to the monorail entrance many times and it is only a few minutes. But walking thru the GC thru DCAl to DL is a muuuuuch longer walk than you need to do. Its a nice walk, but still....

Comment

I really recommend going through Disneyland's main gate for the first entrance into the park (which means walking there). The monorail isn't very far and a good alternative into Disneyland. Plus, if you need to return, Disney hotel guests get priority boarding.

Comment

Okay, Whatever you do, Get a room that overlooks the Paradise Bay, and bring a video camera with u, and watch for lagoon testing. Please!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Koutesu View Post
                      I really recommend going through Disneyland's main gate for the first entrance into the park (which means walking there). The monorail isn't very far and a good alternative into Disneyland. Plus, if you need to return, Disney hotel guests get priority boarding.
                      Not anymore, when they remodeled the Tomorrowland Monorail station late last year, they had to remove the Hotel bypass queue. Just one queue for the Monorail, and that is accessable by everyone nowadays. No more priority boarding for Disney Hotel guests.
                      Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

Our family totally misses the priority Hotel Guest Boarding gate....one more degree.

And I agree w/ everyone, though we haven't stayed at PPH, we've had breakfast there w/ Lilo & Stitch and the walk to the park(s) afterwards is a complete breeze. You'll be at the gate before you know it!
                        Just countin' the days til the next visit!

Comment

Originally posted by Darkbeer View Post
                          Not anymore, when they remodeled the Tomorrowland Monorail station late last year, they had to remove the Hotel bypass queue. Just one queue for the Monorail, and that is accessable by everyone nowadays. No more priority boarding for Disney Hotel guests.
                          I wondered about that. On our last trip in July, the CM upon checkin at the DLH still said to use the charge slip for priority boarding on the monorail, but I couldn't see any way to use it. I wonder if the hotel knows yet?

Comment

We are checking in to PP on Nov 14 and looking forward to it. We are staying at another place for a few days first and doing Knotts also since we havent done it in years and my GF's son has never been. Our view will be city view since thats all they had left when we booked but who knows what will happen when we get there, I've heard of upgrades and the such and park view would be great. Last time I stayed there they were building CA and we had park view and we got to see the union protests out our window, and the cops breaking it up. I do prefer to enter the park through the main gate so we can either walk over or park at M&F and take the tram. I have bck problems and walking/standing will aggrivate it so if I'm going to sufer I want to do it in th parks where I'm having fun and not walking to the parks. Though one day I know I want to ride the Monorail over and enter through Tommorrowland.
                            Steve

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X