X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pure Monorail Rumor

*WARNING*
    This is pure...unsubstantiated rumor concering a possible name change coming to the Disneyland Monorail System. I read the following in Wikipedia (Wikikpedia? Seriously?), and thought I'd ask what everyone would think about a possible name change coming to the Monorail.

The new Mark VII trains are scheduled to be completed during the next few years, with a whole revamp of the system, including a name change (Disneyland Resort Line) and aesthetic changes to cast member uniforms and stations.[citation needed]
    :sc:-"Enjoy the rest of your stay here at Disneyland, where all of your dreams come true...well except for two of them, short lines and cheap food.":sc:

Re: Pure Monorail Rumor

I'm pretty sure that if it was true, it would've been reported here first than Wikipedia.

My feelings say that it's not true, due to the [citation needed] thing at the end there.

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <<LIFE, THE UNIVERSE, AND EVERYTHING>>

Comment

It was pretty much reported here first.... but a long time ago.

Al Lutz talked about the name change and new Monorail fleet ages ago in one of his columns. The first of the new fleet is rumored to arrive this fall.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Comment

The Mark VII trains are true. We've seen pictures of them under construction at Bombardier (?) in Canada, but I don't know about the name change.
        The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

Comment

Originally posted by MasterGracey View Post
          It was pretty much reported here first.... but a long time ago.

Al Lutz talked about the name change and new Monorail fleet ages ago in one of his columns. The first of the new fleet is rumored to arrive this fall.
          Due out in November is what I have been told
          "If you build it right, they will come." - Bob Iger

"I'm not a literary person. As far as realism is concerned, you can find dirt anyplace you look for it. I'm one of those optimists. There's always a rainbow." - Walt Disney

"I don't care about critics. Critics take themselves too seriously. They think the only way to be noticed and to be the smart guy is to pick and find fault with things. It's the public I'm making pictures for." - Walt Disney

Comment

Unless it stops in DCA and the Grand Californian, then the name change would be stupid as it doesn't really provide transportation for the resort. Besides all of us would think the name change was stupid even if there were other stops!

Long live the Monorail!
            The Mur

Comment

the rumors been around for a long time but the new monorail sign at the station seemed to end it

Comment

I hope it's not true. Why would they do that? Why would they kill the magic like that?

"Line" is so generic. So boring. So non-descript. What the HECK IS IT actually? It's confusing.

What a bad decision, if they do this.

Comment

Wait....
                  Disneyland Resort Line = dead magic?

Does not compute.

Also, you must have not ridden many train systems. Line is a perfectly acceptable name.

Comment

Originally posted by BassBone View Post
                    The Mark VII trains are true. We've seen pictures of them under construction at Bombardier (?) in Canada, but I don't know about the name change.
                    The work is being done in Canada, but not Bombardier. Burke Composites is the company building the new bodies to go atop the original Mk. III chassis.

The name change, according to Al Lutz, is a precursor to a possible expansion of the system. That expansion would route the monorail around the perimeter of DCA and add a few stations which would make the monorail at Disneyland more of a transportation system than it is now.

Comment

Originally posted by The Disneylander View Post
                      I'm pretty sure that if it was true, it would've been reported here first than Wikipedia.

My feelings say that it's not true, due to the [citation needed] thing at the end there.

I never said it was breaking news...er uh, rumor. Simply the by product of too much time on my hands.
                      :sc:-"Enjoy the rest of your stay here at Disneyland, where all of your dreams come true...well except for two of them, short lines and cheap food.":sc:

Comment

Wow, "Disneyland Resort Line", much like the "Tokyo Disney Resort Line"? Sweet! Wonder if this will happen...
                        I am a rabid Disney fan. Possible future Imagineer (already designing rides for it)... I've only been to Disneyland. I'm hoping to go to Disney World this summer for the first time, and TDR might be possible in 3 years.

First DL trip - 1997

First WDW trip - N/A

# of Times I've Been on Tower of Terror (DCA): 68

# of Times I've Been on Finding Nemo Subs:
                        Argonaut - 1
                        Sea Farer - 1

Comment

The name Monorail is so famous to Disneyland that even if they tried to change it they'ed have to change it back. It's just like when they tried to change the Disneyland logo to the generic Disney font, and Matt Oumet turned it back to the original.

Comment

it really dosent matter what they call it does it?people still call the finding nemo submarine voyage the subs..we will always call the momorail exactly what is,was and always will be, let em change the name..no magic would be lost
                            "Alright you primative screwheads listen up.."BRUCE CAMPBELL

Comment

Our own Al Lutz broke the news first.
                              -Monorail Man

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X