X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grand Californian Private Entrance to CA

Hi, group!

How strictly is the "guests only" policy enforced at the private entrance to CA from the GC? Would love to self-park there and go into the park that way. Also, can one exit the park there to eat at one of the GC restaurants and then reenter, or must non-guests go all the way around to the front again after the meal?

THANKS!!!

Re: Grand Californian Private Entrance to CA

I wouldn't call it private. I use it here and there and never stayed a day in the hotel
    http://www.myspace.com/nygard33

Comment

I have heard that it is more controlled early in the AM, but I don't have first hand experience of that.

However, I have used it to exit DCA, go eat in the GC, then go back in that way.

I've also used it when I may arrive later in the day, eat in the GC, then enter there.

CU@DL

Andy
      -
      What is, is... What is not, is not.

Boom!

I don't ask for much... Just a few little things!

Extra effort yields extraordinary results!

Comment

I have used it many times, granted not in the early AM, but they have never questioned me using it.
        Plague Of Vampires | A Novel by Eric and Elizabeth Gerds:

Buy Now at Amazon

Comment

Same with us.

Never questioned about where we came from.

We just go through the entrance and enjoy DCA!

Comment

Afraid that I'm not adding anything new. I've only used it in the mornings when we've stayed at GCH.

But have used it several times to eat at Whitewater usually for lunch.

Comment

The only times they've "carded" me at that entrance is in the morning. Other times they've haven't asked to see my hotel I.D.
              M A S E C A !

Comment

When I stayed a few years ago, they seemed to check Id's alot more than they do now. At various times of the day, they were asking for ID.

When I stayed in January of this year, it looked like a normal entryway. I even got by in the morning without showing ID. Perhaps crowds may have something to do with it?

Comment

Maybe we can all change our posts to reflect that you CANNOT go in without valid hotel cards. After all, we don't want to mess up a good thing...

Comment

We use it almost every trip to either get to or return from DTD. My understanding is any guest can use the entrance after going trough a main gate turnstile first but only GCH guests can use the gate for their first entry into the park. Could be wrong but that's how it was explained to us by the CMs at the GCH.
                    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

Comment

Noon is typically the starting time for non-hotel guests entry.
                      "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

Are we allowed to use it if we're staying at PP or DLH (early in the AM)?
                        ~Annie~

Comment

Originally posted by AwesomeMan33 View Post
                          I wouldn't call it private. I use it here and there and never stayed a day in the hotel
                          Same here. I go to the GCH to cool off during hot days at the park, and use their restrooms, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by annieb727 View Post
                            Are we allowed to use it if we're staying at PP or DLH (early in the AM)?
                            I used it in April every morning and I was staying at PP. They just checked to make sure that I had a resort hotel room key.

Comment

Yes it is usually around noon, that you cen re enter there. The lunch time generally. If you try in the morning they will not let you in. After noon you are ok.
                              sigpic- Grumpy

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X