This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donald Duck's 50th Birthday Parade

Hey all. I found this cool video on youtube from Donald Duck's 50th Birthday special on tv from 1984. It showcases the Disneyland parade commemorating the event, with that amazing song that gets stuck in your head!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<obje...mbed></object>

My friend has this special on vhs and we watch it every year for his b-day, haha! His tape is pretty beat up though, does anyone know where I can download the whole special so I can make him a dvd? Thanks!

Re: Donald Duck's 50th Birthday Parade

I found my mom's VHS copy of this special hosted by America's Grandpa, Dick Van Dyke (my nerdy term) and burned it to DVD a few months ago (great 80s commercials and all!). If there isn't a full copy on Mousebits, give me some time and I can try to dig it out and either convert it to an iPod-size file or burn it onto a DVD for you (this would take me a while though, since I'm in school and working).
    "When entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic." -Sam Eagle

"I may have invented these bifocals I'm wearing, but I can assure you they're not rose-colored" -Ben Franklin, The American Adventure

Comment

It's sad that Disneyland doesn't have these mini parades anymore, it would be nice to see other parades once in awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabres2006 View Post
        I found my mom's VHS copy of this special hosted by America's Grandpa, Dick Van Dyke (my nerdy term) and burned it to DVD a few months ago (great 80s commercials and all!). If there isn't a full copy on Mousebits, give me some time and I can try to dig it out and either convert it to an iPod-size file or burn it onto a DVD for you (this would take me a while though, since I'm in school and working).
        That'd be awesome! Ya, I checked mousbits and everywhere else I could think of, but haven't been able to find anything. It's a really fun special for those who haven't seen it! It has tons of special guests, everyone from C3P0 to Andy Warhol!

Comment

I vaguely remember that, Totally Minnie, and Mickey's 65th b-day (I also remember the lightpoles on Harbor and Katella having banners for that and the 35th anniversary). I know where you can find updated versions for the songs "D.D.D! Happy 65th Anniversary Donald Duck" from Tokyo Disneyland, Macho Duck, and a song that's obscure to me called "Ducks Dance Too". Anyone know where "Ducks Dance Too" came from?

Comment

This was no mini-parade. It was a parade. Man I love seeing videos like this where they redo the song to save paying for release rights. It's a problem now, and it was a problem in 1984 too whee!

Comment

Originally posted by Koutesu View Post
              Anyone know where "Ducks Dance Too" came from?
              I -think- "Ducks Dance Too" is from the Mickey's Mousercise cassette, the original one (there's a CD one out that has a few newer tracks, but I'm not sure if it's on there.)

Personally, I prefer the original version of "Macho Duck" to the DDR Disney one.

On-topic...I actually have the original song in that clip, though the original one doesn't have the lyrics about Donald. ^^;

Comment

Gosh that brings back good memories. I was living in Huntington Beach, my daughters were 3 and 5. It was also the 1984 Olympics. Parades were so catchy back then, or at least it seemed to me.

Comment

Wow. That's neat to see that Donald's nephews (Huey, Duey, Louie) were actually Disneyland characters.
                  sigpic
                  Home away from Home.

Comment

WOW...I've never seen that particular video before, that was great! I was there and remember clearly celebrating with Donald on his 50th! That parade, for what it was back then, was so much fun!

The parades Disney had during the 80's were, in my opinion, the best! They didn't try to out-do each other, but just made them fun and up-beat. And altho the floats were simple, it still worked for me. It was always the catchy songs and dance numbers that made it special for me!

And even tho POD has lavish floats, the music and dancing just doesn't capture the same wonderful feeling for me. Infact, most of the parades from the mid-90's on out have never seemed as magical to me. But then again, the 80's were definitely my era and everything then seemed awesome!
                    Love Is An Open Door
                    :love:

http://facebook.com/PatrickDisneyGuy

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by almandot View Post
                        Man I love seeing videos like this where they redo the song to save paying for release rights.
                        The also reused the parade floats. Take a look ath the 30 yeasrs of Magic parade. There the same floats.
                        sigpic"To your left we have a welcome neighbor..... Our GE nuclear powerplant"
                        Carousel of Progress - Progress City

http://videblog-bearride.blogspot.com/

Comment

cool

Comment

Frickin' sweeeeeeeeeeeeet! I remember this song. We used to play it for all family members birthdays... until we finally wore out the tape. Good times.

Comment

He hasn't aged a bit in the last 23 years. And that's just Dick Van Dyke!

That brings back great memories. I have that song on CD although it has been rerecorded with all references to Donald changed to generic birthday greetings (same singer and orchestration though).

How come Disney don't really celebrate the character's landmark birthdays anymore? the last one I remember having a real fuss made of it was Mickey's 60th back in '88. He's 80 next year - anyone know if anything will be made of that?
                              WDW - 1987 & 1991
                              DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
                              DLR - October 2011

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X