8/30/07 Mini Trip Report. Trojanskippa's First TR Ever!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrojanSkippa
    Once A Skip Always A Skip
    • Mar 2005

8/30/07 Mini Trip Report. Trojanskippa's First TR Ever!

This is my first ever trip report ! ! !
    Me and Traffic have never gotten along very well, so now that I am back in school I decided to spend a little time in the park this afternoon before continuing my journey from Costa Mesa to the San Gabriel Valley. I was already planning to be there today but only to take some pics for another thread. I ended up staying a lot longer than I anticipated because I was having such a great time.

I parked in the Lion King Lot (my favorite parking area)

The first part of my afternoon was spent taking the "Grand Circle Tour of the Magic Kingdom":

I ran into BassBone the Main St.Train Station completly by accident. He and his little brother joined me all the way to Tomorrowland.

Alllllll Aboard

First Stop New Orleans Square

TrojanSkippa says Fight On!!

The Rivers of America

Apparently Lead to Toontown

Attendance was very light today, but the Princess Fantasy Fair(e?) was still packed to the gills

The Train Steams into the underwhelming Tomorrowland Train Station

Because of an incident on the train involving a Cast Member, I got a backdoor pass. I didn't ask for anything, it just goes to show the power of adressing a concern to an attraction lead in a calm, friendly manner. I later gave this readmit pass to a group of kids heading towards Space Mt.

Cast Members and guests were preparing for the final Parde of Dreams ....I wasn't about to be anywhere near this.

I thought about using my re-admit for Indy....

No such luck...

I wasn't aware Pirate's Lair had a wait

No Luck with Nemo either...

It was only 6:00 at this point and I wasn't about to get on the I-5. So off to Adventureland..home sweet home.

The 50th Plaques apprently have been removed...

But the Bengal BBQ was still there !

I crossed my fingers for different luck with Indy, but alas...closed. Notice the lights are dim, and even though you can't see it here they were flickering. Which means the attraction was running with show effects in place.

I spoke with an IJA CM friend during a 101 on a trip to the park a couple of weeks ago. She told me that the 101 was due the a major problem with the exit track switch. I have a feeling this may have led to the rather hasty re-hab.

Maybe a bite to eat at the Riverbelle Terrace would lift my spirits...

I rather like this picture, even if it is of the ugly construction wall.

Shhhh....the Riverbelle Terrace is Sleeping.

Shhhh...so is the Disney Gallery.

I hadn't been on the Mark Twain in a long time so I decided to take a ride on the newly refurbished classic. She looked absoloutley beautiful.

I wish I could have been here to see Louis Armstong play here...

After heading over to Tomorrowland and giving my re-ad to the group of kids at Space, I decided it was time to head home around 7:30pm....but not before

A totally random Maynard sighting on Main Street Parades.

Heading out of the park I notcied this sign posted outside the main gate...take heed if you're heading to the park on this day.

Well that's it, my first Trip Report/Photoupdate....or whatever you want to call it. I enjoyed taking you all on my afternoon journey, I hope you all enjoyed being taken. Hmm...sounds odd, I enjoyed having you with me for the afternoon, I hope you enjoyed being had...much better. And remember...how do you keep a Bruin out of your backyard? Put up goal posts!

-Trojan Skipper
    Last edited by TrojanSkippa; 08-31-2007, 08:12 AM.
    :sc:-"Enjoy the rest of your stay here at Disneyland, where all of your dreams come true...well except for two of them, short lines and cheap food.":sc:
  • Dan - Tasmic!
    Banned User
    • Jun 2006

Re: 8/30/07 Mini Trip Report. Trojanskippa's First TR Ever!

Nice, Spell Check!! I was there today, too!!!

Comment

• Max Fischer
      That Guy
      • Apr 2005

Great job man!

You're going to get asked 100 times, so let me be the first, what happened on the train?

Comment

• TrojanSkippa
        • Mar 2005

I was trying to get a picture of the bullet hole in the Grand Canyon Diorama glass for another thread. I changed the settings on my camera but forgot to turn off the flash anyhow the flash went off and the rear CM speiled about no flash pictures. Apparently when I was turning my flash off another camera flash went off and he speiled in the PA mike

Maybe the word no has too many syllables in it
        I went over to the lead and very nicely know what had happened. She apologized and handed me a re-ad. I made sure to let her know that I wasn't looking for compensation, I just wanted to let her know what her CM's were up to.
        :sc:-"Enjoy the rest of your stay here at Disneyland, where all of your dreams come true...well except for two of them, short lines and cheap food.":sc:

Comment

• Max Fischer
          That Guy
          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by TrojanSkippa View Post
          I was trying to get a picture of the bullet hole in the Grand Canyon Diorama glass for another thread. I changed the settings on my camera but forgot to turn off the flash anyhow the flash went off and the rear CM speiled about no flash pictures. Apparently when I was turning my flash off another camera flash went off and he speiled in the PA mike

I went over to the lead and very nicely know what had happened. She apologized and handed me a re-ad. I made sure to let her know that I wasn't looking for compensation, I just wanted to let her know what her CM's were up to.

Sorry, TS, I am not following.

You accidentally took a flash photo and the CM said not to, on the PA? Is that out of character? Sorry for my confusion!

Comment

• Morrigoon
            insufferable know-it-all
            • Jan 2005

I believe the quote is a bit outside the SOP for spiels, Max

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Comment

• Max Fischer
              That Guy
              • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Morrigoon View Post
              I believe the quote is a bit outside the SOP for spiels, Max

Thanks MG. So, the issues was that the flash announcement is supposed to come from the pre-recording, NOT the CMs, is that right? I wish I knew this stuff, I guess this is a symptom of being a DLR fan later in life. Thanks!

Comment

• BassBone
                is too darn hot.
                • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Max Fischer View Post
                Thanks MG. So, the issues was that the flash announcement is supposed to come from the pre-recording, NOT the CMs, is that right? I wish I knew this stuff, I guess this is a symptom of being a DLR fan later in life. Thanks!
                No, the problem is that the CM made an insulting comment over the PA.

Hey TS, did you get a shot of the bullet hole at all?
                The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

Comment

• Kath2188
                  Eeyore smiling
                  • Jan 2007

Great Trip Report. I enjoyed the pictures and commentary!

Comment

• royaldisneyfan
                    KC to DL= 1,640 miles
                    • Jun 2007

Not bad at all for your first TR. Too bad about Indy though.
                    sigpic
                    Home away from Home.

Comment

• TrojanSkippa
                      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by BassBone View Post
                      No, the problem is that the CM made an insulting comment over the PA.

Hey TS, did you get a shot of the bullet hole at all?

Never did get the picture...came close but it was too blurry.

And yes Max the issue was not that he speiled not to take flash pictures, the problem was that he said

Maybe the word no has too many syllables in it
                      Just a little out of character. :blink:

Comment

• Giddy4Aladdin
                        Evaporate, tall person!
                        • Oct 2006

Thanks for the heads up about Monday.. I was planning to go that day.. I might just have to rethink it..

DISNEYLAND: It even makes science geeks look cool!!

Comment

• CupcakeTerror
                          Sugar & Spice
                          • Apr 2007

Great first trip report! Love the pics... too bad IDJ was closed. Hopefully it will be open in time for this weekend.

And YAY for bengal bbq still being open. Soooo need to grub some food there this weekend.
                          <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

Comment

• RPerez3
                            MiceChatter
                            • Apr 2007

Thanks for the TR. I see that Indy is open today according to the Disney site - Bummer.

Looks like it was closed from 8/28 to 8/30?

Comment

• Hakuna Makarla
                              Banned User
                              • Aug 2005

Nice pics, great report thank you

Comment

• trojanrobmc
                                Beat the bruins!
                                • Mar 2007

Nice. Beat the Vandals!
                                sigpicThe Kid

Comment

• CaitlinMcFly
                                  now that i see you ♥
                                  • Jan 2007

Wow. What the CM on the train said was totally uncalled for. Great TR though--Lucky! I've NEVER seen Maynard and you see him by accident!!
                                  dreams. come. true.

Comment

• Diznyfan
                                    MA Reader Since 2003
                                    • Mar 2007

Awesome TR! I have never even heard of a Attraction Readmission Pass, thats pretty sad what the CM said. Some people just don't have what it takes to be a CM I guess.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge..."
                                    -Albert Einstein
                                    sigpic

Comment

• SingingAngel7242
                                      Off to Neverland
                                      • Nov 2005

good TR! bad CM. haha!

Comment

• penguinsoda
                                        Jester of Randomness
                                        MiceChat Moderator
                                        • Jan 2005

Great report!!! Good to see a picture of the elusive BassBone too!!! :lol: Thanks for sharing!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
                                        all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X