Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Off-Property Hotel recommendations?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Off-Property Hotel recommendations?

    Hello all!

    Normally I stay on property when I go to Disneyland, but a friend of mine and I are going down after Christmas for a pre-second semester of college trip and are looking for a nice hotel that doesn't cost as much as staying on property.


    We were thinking of staying at the Hilton Anaheim...does anyone have any opinions on that hotel and/or an alternative? Proximity/Walking Distance to the park is a must, but hotels with dedicated shuttles are fine as well. Upscale hotels are preferred. Cleanliness is a plus!

    Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by mrderp; 09-04-2007, 03:19 PM. Reason: Refined to help recommenders!


  • #2
    Re: Off-Property Hotel recommendations?

    What type of thins are you looking forward, an upscale hotel?

    One of the better bargains that comes up is the Hyatt Regency in Garden Grove, and you can usually get it from Hotwire and Priceline, though it is a bit of a gamble, but if you keep your raiting high enough, you shouldn't get stuck with a dud hotel.

    Want something close and in walking distance?

    And do you want room service?

    Free breakfast and/or other meals?

    Something clean, nice room, grounds and staff?

    And how much do you want to spend?

    And what are your exact dates, between Christmas and New Years, don't expect to find any deals, the first full week of January should be better, but you still have some kids of school (a lot of locals, but that doesn't effect hotels).

    The more we know, the more we can help point you in the right direction.

    One thing you might want to do is go to www.travelaxe.com and enter your dates and see which hotels look good to you (mainly price) and then ask us which one we prefer.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Off-Property Hotel recommendations?

      Best Western Park Place Inn

      Cheap, clean and closest to the parks.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Off-Property Hotel recommendations?

        Good price, clean and close to the park, HoJo has always been god to us. Plus, it's right next to Mimi's (yum!)

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Off-Property Hotel recommendations?

          We stayed at the Tropicana Inn and Suites, which is right across the street from the parks, next to a Best Western I think. That was Nov 2003, and they were about to overhaul the entire thing. It was clean and comfortable, they were very nice. From what I've heard from others, it's gotten much better.

          Also includes a continental breakfast....

          We'll be staying there again in November.........
          http://www.tropicanainn-anaheim.com/rooms.asp#dqueen
          Counting the minutes to our next trip!
          <a href='http://www.mickeypath.com/'>
          <img src='http://www.mickeypath.com/id/1456729209.png'>
          </a>
          *
          Former Puppy in Training for Guide Dogs for the Blind, TIKI !!!!
          *
          *
          *
          *
          Bay Area German Shepherd Rescue
          www.bayareagsr.org

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Off-Property Hotel recommendations?

            Try to get a place on Harbor it's easier to walk over to the parks than the surrounding hotels on other streets.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Off-Property Hotel recommendations?

              The Candy Cane Inn, the Carousel or The Park Place are all good ones.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Off-Property Hotel recommendations?

                Originally posted by Darkbeer View Post
                What type of thins are you looking forward, an upscale hotel?

                One of the better bargains that comes up is the Hyatt Regency in Garden Grove, and you can usually get it from Hotwire and Priceline, though it is a bit of a gamble, but if you keep your raiting high enough, you shouldn't get stuck with a dud hotel.
                Great suggestion. A freind of mine came down from San Jose a couple of weekends ago and stayed Friday night there and only paid $55.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Off-Property Hotel recommendations?

                  I DONT recommend Peacock Suites... Some family was up from out of state and stayed there because they were doing more of a Disney vacation than a "visit family" vacation.. but anyway we met them in the parks one day and I started to feel pretty ill so I went back to their hotel. The room was clean and beds were comfy but you could here everything going on around you, and it was not within walking distance of the park...
                  <3 Chloe

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Off-Property Hotel recommendations?

                    I have a question to add to this...We are going to stay at the Carosuel in November a Wed to Sunday. Thursday we will go in Early Entry. Since we are staying at a Good Neighbor and not at one of the DLR Hotels, Will we still be able to get in the park on Saturday for Early Entry? I know that our tickets are good for one EE, but that staying at a DLR Hotel we would get EE for all the days offered during our stay. I am hoping we still get EE privelages even though we are staying at a Good Neighbor. Thanks in advance for any information.


                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Off-Property Hotel recommendations?

                      As far as I know, the early entry is tied to your ticket, not your hotel (at least when staying at non-Disney hotels.) So if it's only good for one early entry, you shouldn't be able to do it again. Unless they don't keep track of when you used your early entry.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Off-Property Hotel recommendations?

                        ha ha , you don't want my suggestion ,

                        we always stay at the Quality Inn , right around the corner on Manchester street , you can see the park from the hotel , it's actually right near the Howard Johnson hotel

                        it's only a 2 star , but for $59 per night , it saves some money for the parks...

                        My Maleficent tattoo


                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Off-Property Hotel recommendations?

                          Originally posted by wufners View Post
                          As far as I know, the early entry is tied to your ticket, not your hotel (at least when staying at non-Disney hotels.) So if it's only good for one early entry, you shouldn't be able to do it again. Unless they don't keep track of when you used your early entry.
                          Thanks - I was thinking it is the case that it is tied to the park ticket. When we have stayed at the DLH we were given the voucher for purchase of meals and incidentals during our stay. The purchases get charged back to your card on file. We were told that was our "ticket" to the park for EE, but everytime we went for EE they did not ask for it and when we did show it they just shrugged it off. That lead me to believe the ticket must be encoded with some part of the intinerary. It is probably worth a call to the hotel to find out for sure.


                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Off-Property Hotel recommendations?

                            Originally posted by RPerez3 View Post
                            I have a question to add to this...We are going to stay at the Carousel in November a Wed to Sunday. Thursday we will go in Early Entry. Since we are staying at a Good Neighbor and not at one of the DLR Hotels, Will we still be able to get in the park on Saturday for Early Entry? I know that our tickets are good for one EE, but that staying at a DLR Hotel we would get EE for all the days offered during our stay. I am hoping we still get EE privileges even though we are staying at a Good Neighbor. Thanks in advance for any information.
                            You will get ONE Early Entry if your ParkHopper is marked for it. The security checkpoints open around 30 minutes prior to Early Entry. For example, the park officially opens at 8 AM, so that makes Early Entry start at 7 AM. The security checkpoints should be open and allowing guests in at 6:30 AM. Just leave the hotel around 6:15 AM and take the short walk to the Main Entrance Plaza.

                            The Turnstile computers will keep track of the Early Entry (to be renamed Magic Mornings in 2008) so if you tried a second day, you would be refused and asked to stand in the Main guests lines (the center part of the turnstile area) and wait until official opening.
                            Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Off-Property Hotel recommendations?

                              Originally posted by Darkbeer View Post
                              You will get ONE Early Entry if your ParkHopper is marked for it. The security checkpoints open around 30 minutes prior to Early Entry. For example, the park officially opens at 8 AM, so that makes Early Entry start at 7 AM. The security checkpoints should be open and allowing guests in at 6:30 AM. Just leave the hotel around 6:15 AM and take the short walk to the Main Entrance Plaza.

                              The Turnstile computers will keep track of the Early Entry (to be renamed Magic Mornings in 2008) so if you tried a second day, you would be refused and asked to stand in the Main guests lines (the center part of the turnstile area) and wait until official opening.
                              Thanks Darkbeer. I was so hoping that the EE was extended to Good Neighbor Hotels.


                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X