X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kenwood
    • Feb 2005

Castle Lighting

Has anyone noticed the new lighting on the castle? I was in the park a few nights ago, and I think that it looks great! All of the different levels of the castle now seem to have lighting hidden behind them. It sort of reminds me of the photo of the castle with Tinkerbelle at the beginning of the old Wonderful World of Color show.
  • mrmainstreet
    MiceChatter
    • Jan 2005

Yeah actually, finally saw it myself the other night, it really is fantastic. Also makes the castle look like it's inhabitated for once too, since the inner lights show out through the holes.
    The Next Big Disney Thing: starts Jan. 3rd

Comment

• AP2CM
      "Retired" DL Tour Guide
      • Jan 2005

you're right -- there is a new lighting system that was installed after the last rehab. It features some pretty cool LED technologies that give the entertainment dept. much more discrete control over the color of the castle.
      -"We can see a new horizon...built on all that we have done..and our dreams begin another thousand circles 'round the sun!"
      -- Epcot: Illuminations "Reflections of Earth"

-"...Each dream that you chase, each wish you embrace can lead to a fabulous faraway place...!"
      --DCA: World Of Color

Comment

• xfkirsten
        I Hug My Tapirs
        • Jan 2005

Last weekend, I saw a green blinking light one of the highest roofs of the castle, and wasn't sure what it was. I only saw it going off for about 5 minutes, then it was gone.
        "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

Comment

• DisneyMickey
          Banned User
          • Jan 2005

Does anyone have any pictures?

Comment

• Evil Minion
            wasting time
            • Jan 2005

Is this okay ?
            Attached Files

Comment

• MiceMan
              That's Hawt
              • Jan 2005

ooOOoOooooohhhhhhh .... PURDY!
              Originally posted by drunkmom
              this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

Comment

• westsideluv
                Sock Puppet
                • Jan 2005

Last weekend, I saw a green blinking light one of the highest roofs of the castle, and wasn't sure what it was. I only saw it going off for about 5 minutes, then it was gone.
                Tinkerbell's coming home.
                Westside Fantasyland, yo!

Comment

• xfkirsten
                  I Hug My Tapirs
                  • Jan 2005

Originally posted by westsideluv
                  Tinkerbell's coming home.
                  A homing beacon for her?
                  "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

Comment

• figment1986
                    Banned User
                    • Jan 2005

perhaps it was connected to the illegal sat dish thats hooked up to repalce the illegal cable that ran from the matter horn.... hehe

Great effect...

Comment

• DisneyMickey
                      Banned User
                      • Jan 2005

Wow!

Comment

• DisneyMickey
                        Banned User
                        • Jan 2005

That really does look like the castle in the opening of that show(can't remember the name).

Comment

• mamabot
                          Rally Vixen
                          MiceChat Administrator
                          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by DisneyMickey
                          That really does look like the castle in the opening of that show(can't remember the name).
                          The Wonderful World of Disney.
                          Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
                          I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

Comment

• SoCal
                            MiceChatter
                            • Jan 2005

Originally posted by AP2CM
                            you're right -- there is a new lighting system that was installed after the last rehab. It features some pretty cool LED technologies that give the entertainment dept. much more discrete control over the color of the castle.
                            No, it was later than that. I think it was either after, or during the time the Christmas decorations were up.

We went on Nov 17th (just after the last refurb was completed and just before the Christmas decorations went up) and I took a pic of the castle (see below) and it was fully lighted. And when we went yesterday I took another pic of it since there was talk about the new lighting.

I like the way it was better, it showed off the castle much more. See below:

Comment

• innerSpaceman
                              Social Imagineer
                              • Jan 2005

Yeah, I like the old version better, too. The stonework bastions are just too dark in the new style.

Comment

• DisneyMickey
                                Banned User
                                • Jan 2005

I like the new one because it's change. They always have the castle lit like the top one. The new scheme is different and changes things around a bit.

Comment

• xfkirsten
                                  I Hug My Tapirs
                                  • Jan 2005

I gotta go with the old one here. I think it better shows off the new paint job. The new lighting really seems to wash out a lot of the color.

Comment

• Bacon
                                    No bacon; sausage.
                                    • Jan 2005

Agreed, I prefer the "natural" lighting to the colored. That paint job is too gorgeous to get overwhelmed by fuscia LEDs. But the new lighting isn't awful or anything.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who noticed the mysterious green blinking light...

Comment

• dancinmanCA
                                      • Jan 2005

there's also lighting in the moat that rings the bases of the towers that i just noticed for the first time this evening- and it was not lit, so i assume that they'll be functioning as uplights to wash over the stonework from below. so that should solve some of your concerns?

Comment

• LiTtLeMeRmAiD
                                        Pirate Princess
                                        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Bacon
                                        Agreed, I prefer the "natural" lighting to the colored. That paint job is too gorgeous to get overwhelmed by fuscia LEDs. But the new lighting isn't awful or anything.
                                        IMHO, the "natural" lighting can be seen all day long. Why not dress it up a bit at night? Its like regular clothes for daytime, and a tux or ballgown for evening parties.
                                        "And don't underestimate the importance of BODY LANGUAGE!"

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X