Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

HMH layover this year?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • HMH layover this year?

    Does anybody know if there going to be a HMH layover this year?
    I looked at the Disneyland website and it doesn't appear that the HM will be closed so I'm guessing there will be no layover this year
    Mirror, mirror on the wall...

  • #2
    Re: HMH layover this year?

    I think the Mansion goes down today for the Holiday over-lay. It will only be down for about 3 weeks (I think).

    There will definitely be a Haunted Mansion Holiday again this year!

    -DUSTY
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

    Find us on Facebook: .

    How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
    Save

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: HMH layover this year?

      Always good to hear.
      sigpic

      This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: HMH layover this year?

        All the events details were in the 7/13/07 press release:

        "HalloweenTime" and "HMH" are back beginning 9/21/07
        http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73583
        "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: HMH layover this year?

          It's supposed to open officially on September 21st

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: HMH layover this year?

            Unfortunately, yes, Haunted Mansion Holiday is coming again this year to displace the original show for nearly a half year.

            Hooray.

            Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: HMH layover this year?

              Three months to be exact.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: HMH layover this year?

                Yes HMH! is still happening! It should reopen arund Oct 1st this year.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: HMH layover this year?

                  Mansion went down today and will be back up on the 21st.
                  PirateMunkee

                  Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: HMH layover this year?

                    Originally posted by MasterGracey View Post
                    Unfortunately, yes, Haunted Mansion Holiday is coming again this year to displace the original show for nearly a half year.
                    I know it must be painful for you to see the Holiday version have longer lines and a larger daily audience than the regular show year after year, but what type of calendar are you using exactly?

                    If you are using a western Gregorian calendar, I think you've left off a few months in your assesment that the original show is displaced for "nearly a half year".

                    Haunted Mansion is closed for 17 days to install the Holiday show. Then the Holiday show runs for 13 weeks. Haunted Mansion will then be closed for 12 days in January to remove the Holiday show and revert to the original.

                    Adding that all up I get 4 weeks of total refurbishment, plus 13 weeks of Holiday operation. That's four months and a week out of the 12 month calendar when the original Haunted Mansion won't be operating. That's barely one third of the year that is taken up by Haunted Mansion Holiday, and 13 of those weeks are when the attraction is at its most popular and most busy with long lines of people waiting to ride.

                    Did you see the average wait time for Haunted Mansion this past July on a 50K Saturday? Mostly 5 minutes throughout the day, but when we sent it around the side of the house we'd put up "13" minutes, even though the reality was closer to 7 or 8 minutes with both ER's operating. Try to get a 10 minute wait time on a Saturday this October, November, or December. It will be impossible.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: HMH layover this year?

                      Originally posted by Westsider View Post
                      I know it must be painful for you to see the Holiday version have longer lines and a larger daily audience than the regular show year after year, but what type of calendar are you using exactly?
                      Yeah, nevermind the fact that its peak holiday season so every attraction has incredible lines, AND the stand-by queue is being impacted by the effects of Fastpass.

                      People love to boast that Haunted Mansion Holiday gets such astronomical waittimes. But I just don't buy it. It's an omnimover attraction - constantly loading people. The only thing slowing down constant loading is the Stretching Gallery. And during the Holidays, Fastpass is slowing down the regular stand-by even more so.

                      Look at Buzz Lightyear. Do you really think that if it didn't have Fastpass, it would get the 20-30+ wait times it gets? I doubt it. With nothing like a stretching gallery at Buzz, the attraction is a straight walk onto the ride vehicles. The thing slowing it up is Fastpass cutting in and the occasional wheelchair.


                      Originally posted by Westsider View Post
                      If you are using a western Gregorian calendar, I think you've left off a few months in your assesment that the original show is displaced for "nearly a half year".

                      Haunted Mansion is closed for 17 days to install the Holiday show. Then the Holiday show runs for 13 weeks. Haunted Mansion will then be closed for 12 days in January to remove the Holiday show and revert to the original.

                      Adding that all up I get 4 weeks of total refurbishment, plus 13 weeks of Holiday operation. That's four months and a week out of the 12 month calendar when the original Haunted Mansion won't be operating. That's barely one third of the year that is taken up by Haunted Mansion Holiday, and 13 of those weeks are when the attraction is at its most popular and most busy with long lines of people waiting to ride.

                      Did you see the average wait time for Haunted Mansion this past July on a 50K Saturday? Mostly 5 minutes throughout the day, but when we sent it around the side of the house we'd put up "13" minutes, even though the reality was closer to 7 or 8 minutes with both ER's operating. Try to get a 10 minute wait time on a Saturday this October, November, or December. It will be impossible.
                      Sorry, I exaggerated. Around 5 months, not a half a year.

                      Last year ('06) Haunted Mansion Holiday went down January 18. If it weren't for its extended refurbishment, it would have re-opened on January 30, going by your 12-day overlay removal schedule. Or normally, Mansion might go down a couple days after the new year and reopen around the 20-25th of the month...

                      So the regular show closed September 5 this year, because HalloweenTime is opening earlier this year. Save for 5 days, that means all of September is lost because of Holiday. The Holiday show runs through around January 20-30 (including removal). So there's basically 5 months, lost. Still, quite a bit of time.
                      Last edited by MasterGracey; 09-10-2007, 01:43 PM.

                      Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: HMH layover this year?

                        Originally posted by MasterGracey View Post
                        Unfortunately, yes, Haunted Mansion Holiday is coming again this year to displace the original show for nearly a half year.

                        Hooray.

                        It just seems like half a year!

                        Really, I like HMH, but it gets old so much faster than the regular HM, at least for my family. While we ride HM nearly every visit, not so HMH, only once or twice a year.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: HMH layover this year?

                          WOO HOO! I love the overlay! Along with most guests.

                          There has to be a sour apple in every thread here at Micechat!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: HMH layover this year?

                            Some people just can't be told anything...

                            :bang:

                            I for one welcome Jack Skellington's 'invasion' of HM.
                            Don't like it? Then don't "hurry back".
                            WDW - 1987 & 1991
                            DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
                            DLR - October 2011




                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: HMH layover this year?

                              Originally posted by MegaDisney View Post
                              WOO HOO! I love the overlay! Along with most guests.

                              There has to be a sour apple in every thread here at Micechat!
                              To each his own. I guess there has to be some people who like Disney's recent tacky attempts at attractions.

                              Originally posted by nathan detroit View Post
                              Don't like it? Then don't "hurry back".
                              Trust me, I don't.

                              Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X