Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Build Your Very Own Parking Structure!

I decided it was time to start a fun thread considering what's going on in some of the others.

So here's the thing, Disney wants you to build a second parking structure for Disneyland. You can have up to six levels. Here are my questions:

Which Disney character would you have for what level?
    Would you "plus" the parking structure with anything magical? If so, what?
    How would your parking structure look?

Have at it!

...Joe...

Re: Build Your Very Own Parking Structure!

I'd make it in the Timon lot or the Pumbaa lot and name all 6 levels after Pixar characters.

Comment

Keep the levels as characters with specific colors, but make the levels also lands and make each section an attraction. I would make the entrance plazas as Main St. In no particular order, the floors would be Adventureland, Frontierland, Fantasyland, Tomorrowland, New Orleans Square, and Critter Country. Imaging parking in Donald/Tomorrowland on the Space Mountain section under aisle 6F (which would show Donald in a rocket).

Comment

Originally posted by Koutesu View Post
        Keep the levels as characters with specific colors, but make the levels also lands and make each section an attraction. I would make the entrance plazas as Main St. In no particular order, the floors would be Adventureland, Frontierland, Fantasyland, Tomorrowland, New Orleans Square, and Critter Country. Imaging parking in Donald/Tomorrowland on the Space Mountain section under aisle 6F (which would show Donald in a rocket).
        I like this idea a lot! The idea I had was to create a villians parking structure.

1st level - Haedes
        2nd level - Scar
        3rd level - Hook
        4th level - Ursala
        5th level - Evil Queen from "Snow White"
        6th level - Maleficent

I'd have each level have the facade of that character's movie. 1st level would resemble the Underworld. The second would be like Scar's lair with images of the hyaenas around, etc. Finally towards the top there would be giant dragon wings and a dragon head.

...Joe...
        Last edited by Quacky4Donald; 09-05-2007, 11:21 PM. Reason: Changing level 4's character.

Comment

O k, I would put the parking structure at the strawberry fields with the following levels:

1) Ariel

2) Snow White

3) Princess Auroa

4) Belle

5) Pocahontas

and

6) Princess Jasmine

The parking structure would be a BIG Sleeping Beauty castle with the stairs in the tower type pillars. The entrance would be the bridge over the moat.
          Last edited by Dan - Tasmic!; 09-06-2007, 02:16 PM.

Comment

This might be more than an academic discussion, since they'll probably need to build a new structure for CM Parking where the Puumba Lot is now - unless they come up with another location for a structure.

When they start on the Third Theme Park they'll lose the "KCML" lot at Katella & Haster they use now to the construction crews.

Timon and Simba are still in use - perhaps they can use a Toy Story theme for the building, on the off chance they need to put the public in there. Buzz, Woody, Jessie, Hamm, Rex, Bo Peep...

--<< Bruce >>--
            There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

Comment

I'd like to design it to make it feel like the old parking lot...in other words, you knew you were at Disneyland right from the start, instead of starting a trek through a concrete jungle.

Maybe more pictures of the parks on the drab walls, and a sound loop with sounds of the train arriving, the monorail swooshing overhead, etc...

And I'd also like to see CM's driving smaller multi-seat vehicles for those that can't deal easily with what can be a long walk from where you're parked, to the escalators leading to the tram loading area.

And I'd like to see about three times as many elevators, open to all people with the one remaining for those wih strollers.

A pipe dream, but what the heck.
              God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Radiobarry View Post
                I'd like to design it to make it feel like the old parking lot...in other words, you knew you were at Disneyland right from the start, instead of starting a trek through a concrete jungle.
                How about a parking lot over DCA? DCA lovers get their park, there will be a lot more shade, and that anticipation level of going to DL would be returned where it belongs. In overdrive.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan - Tasmic! View Post
                  O k, I would put the parking structure at the strawberry fields with the following levels:

1) Ariel

2) Snow White

3) Princess Auroa

4) Belle

5) Pocahontas

and

6) Prince Jasmine

The parking structure would be a BIG Sleeping Beauty castle with the stairs in the tower type pillars. The entrance would be the bridge over the moat.
                  I knew someone named Prince Jasmine from West Hollywood once, but that is an entirely different story...

Comment

Originally posted by JosephTNielsen View Post
                    I like this idea a lot! The idea I had was to create a villians parking structure.

1st level - Haedes
                    2nd level - Scar
                    3rd level - Hook
                    4th level - Ursala
                    6th level - Maleficent
                    Parking at Disneyland is scary enough as it is.

In answer to your question, what would I add to the Parking Structure? How about bathrooms? Maybe even a snack bar or sundries/souvenirs shop?

Comment

Originally posted by Dan - Tasmic! View Post
                      ...The parking structure would be a BIG Sleeping Beauty castle with the stairs in the tower type pillars. The entrance would be the bridge over the moat.
                      Oh - sounds a lot like Excalibur in Vegas: Tacky!

Comment

[quote=JosephTNielsen;2125320]I like this idea a lot! The idea I had was to create a villians parking structure.

1st level - Haedes
                        2nd level - Scar
                        3rd level - Hook
                        4th level - Ursala
                        6th level - Maleficent
                        quote=JosephTNielsen;2125320]

OOH, I love the idea of the villians parking lot! Make it really colorful and cool. I wonder if people would have any issues parking in level 1 since it would look like heck.
                        Last edited by sdmom; 09-06-2007, 10:24 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

[quote=sdmom;2126506]
                          Originally posted by JosephTNielsen View Post

1st level - Haedes
                          2nd level - Scar
                          3rd level - Hook
                          4th level - Ursala
                          6th level - Maleficent
                          quote=JosephTNielsen;2125320]

OOH, I love the idea of the villians parking lot! Make it really colorful and cool. I wonder if people would have any issues parking in level 1 since it would look like heck.
                          At least make it an underground garage like the Honda commercial when they get closer and closer to Hell.

Comment

I don't know where... because locations I am bad at but here's the levels:
                            1.) Todd (red level...)
                            2.) Copper (copper level of course!)
                            3.) Pongo (101 Dalmations fame, black level)
                            4.) Baloo (blue level)
                            5.) Cheshire Cat or The White Rabbit (either white or puple level)
                            6.) Dumbo (gray level!)

I figured give props to the best animals in the bunch! "Fox and the Hound" is my favorite Disney movie had to show massive love there. I don't know how to Disney-fy the parking lot other than have the CMs in this parking lot wear different uniforms that others and have CMs guiding the parking rather than... what they do now.

Comment

Datamaster....you need to design one. lol

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X