Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

HalloweenTime: "Dia de los Muertos" at Rancho del Zocalo

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HalloweenTime: "Dia de los Muertos" at Rancho del Zocalo

Many thanks to kennygman77 for posting the information the "Wintertime Enchantment" overlay at Sleeping Beauty Castle coming this holiday season. His thread about it provided a link to the Association of Lighting Designers, where I found even more information about a couple upcoming Disneyland projects...

Theres information regarding a previously un-announced HalloweenTime offering: Dia de Los Muertes at Rancho del Zocalo.

Unfortunately there is no concept art, but there is a brief write-up regarding the lighting for the new offering:

Rancho Del Zocalo "Dia de los Muertes"
    Company: The Walt Disney Company
    Venue: Rancho Del Zocalo, Frontierland, Disneyland Resort
    Set Designer: Dan Torres
    Opens: 01 October 2007
    Closes: 03 November 2007
    Category: Theatre

Designers Notes
    This themed environment will be lit with festoon lights, outfitted with a wide variety of medium-base lamps, all dipped in custom Rosco Colorine colors. Additional lighting will include approximately 40 low-voltage spotlights and flicker effects.

So, apparently, it will be some sort of show, as the category is listed as "Theatre"...

Interesting... does anybody have any information regarding this?

Additionally, the lighting and lighting effects for Mickey's Halloween Treat is getting completely overhauled and enhanced this year.
    Mickey's Halloween Treat
    Company: The Walt Disney Company
    Venue: Disney's California Adventure
    Director: Carla Carlile
    Set Designer: Brian Sandahl / Scott Aeurbach
    Opens: 05 October 2007
    Closes: 31 October 2007
    Category: Environmental

Designers notes
    This event will receive an all new design this year. Mickey's Halloween Treat features 3 main areas: Candy Corn Acres (which will be lit with 12 Martin MAC 2000 Wash and Profiles, 6 High End Studio Colors, 2 Martin Atomic strobes, and 2 High End Showguns), the Hollywood Batlot Stage (which will be lit with 8 Martin MAC 500 fixtures and 36 PAR64 fixtures plus 12 American DJ Flashropes), and Pacific Wharf (which will be lit with 2 High End Studio Spots and 2 High End Studio Colors, 8 PAR64's, and 12 ColorKinetics ColorBlast-12's). Additionally, much of the landscape in key areas will be lit with 18 SGM Palco 5's and 48 Color Kinetics Color Blast-12's. The Parade Route will feature a Halloween themed Cavalcade, which will be lit with 16 Martin MAC 700's, 24 Martin MAC 250's and 600 PAR64's. Finally, nearly 100 ETC Source-4's will be used throughout the event as specials on "treat locations, "photo locations", and to project gobos on building facades. Some of the Source-4's will be equipped with GAM TwinSpin rotators or GAM FilmReels. My Associate L.D. for this event is Brandon Aguilar. It will be programmed by Brandon Aguilar (Parade Route), Joshua Miller (Candy Corn Acres), and 2 other programmers.
    Last edited by MasterGracey; 09-07-2007, 04:00 PM.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Re: HalloweenTime: "Dia de los Muertos" at Rancho del Zocalo

Just sounds like a lighting treatment. With skeletons.
    See more of my horrible photos (and a few good ones) at my Flickr photostream

Comment

Just more proof showing that the DLR attracts more of locals than WDW does.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterGracey View Post
        So, apparently, it will be some sort of show, as the category is listed as "Theatre"...

Interesting... does anybody have any information regarding this?
        I would say it's not necessarily a show. It could simply be the category of lighting that the lighting they are doing could fall under.
        "If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see? " - Alice

"If his brain's ran down, how can he talk?" - Jack Pumpkinhead
        "It happens to people all the time, Jack." - Dorothy

"It seems the words on my mug are right: 'It is hard to soar with Eagles when you work with Turkeys.'" - Sam the Eagle

Comment

Sounds interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
            Just more proof showing that the DLR attracts more of locals than WDW does.
            It's because WDW is smackdab in.......................... THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE!!! DL is right in the center of a busy city.

Comment

Only thing I saw was a picture of a pin that is being made for that mexican holiday.
              Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
              An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
              Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
              Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Originally posted by Dan - Tasmic! View Post
                It's because WDW is smackdab in.......................... THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE!!! DL is right in the center of a busy city.
                More like DL issurrounded by a bunch of cities. As for WDW...I'm sure that people will be filing in just as soon as they finish construction on Interstate 4.

Comment

Originally posted by MaryAnn in Wndrlnd View Post
                  I would say it's not necessarily a show. It could simply be the category of lighting that the lighting they are doing could fall under.
                  Good point. However, why would they be doing theatre lighting if it wasn't for some sort of show? If anything, they would be doing environmental lighting for that, no?

I dont know, but I'm definately curious as to what this will be.

Comment

Y'know Halloween just isn't that same when there's no demon jumping out of deserts & other foods...

Hey, perhaps a new place to put Remy so he'll fit in?!?!

Comment

Nice find MG
                      "If you build it right, they will come." - Bob Iger

"I'm not a literary person. As far as realism is concerned, you can find dirt anyplace you look for it. I'm one of those optimists. There's always a rainbow." - Walt Disney

"I don't care about critics. Critics take themselves too seriously. They think the only way to be noticed and to be the smart guy is to pick and find fault with things. It's the public I'm making pictures for." - Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by MasterGracey View Post
                        Good point. However, why would they be doing theatre lighting if it wasn't for some sort of show? If anything, they would be doing environmental lighting for that, no?

I dont know, but I'm definately curious as to what this will be.
                        Ya know, as soon as I pressed enter, I had the same thought. Maybe there will be some type of lighting effects that would qualify as theatrical.

I love Dia de Los Muertos. Maybe they're going to do some type of presentation to decorate sugar skulls. And maybe the host needs theatrical lighting to spotlight him. OOOOO. I like that idea!
                        Last edited by MaryAnn in Wndrlnd; 09-07-2007, 03:48 PM.
                        "If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see? " - Alice

"It seems the words on my mug are right: 'It is hard to soar with Eagles when you work with Turkeys.'" - Sam the Eagle

Comment

Designers Notes
                          This themed environment will be lit with festoon lights, outfitted with a wide variety of medium-base lamps, all dipped in custom Rosco Colorine colors. Additional lighting will include approximately 40 low-voltage spotlights and flicker effects.

Festoon lamps can be seen here, in their "harness."

http://www.xmasdirect.co.uk/collecti...sb22clearlamps

My bet is that we are getting glorified XMAS lights dipped in custom blended colors. In other words, glorified MULTI COLORED XMAS lights. (Medium base lamps just mean the size of the base of the bulb.)

The additional light is low illumination spotlights and some flicker effects, probably to emulate candlelight as candles are a huge part of Dia de los Muertos.

Hmmmmm. Glorified XMAS lights, simulated candle light, and some spotlights.

What ever it is, it could go either way as a show or atmosphere in my opinion.

Comment

Always willing to serve the Master!
                            Kenny the Pirate
                            AKA Bad Mood t' Blackhearted
                            Disney Dream Job Pirate Winner 2007
                            Full WDW character and show schedules: www.kennythepirate.com
                            Follow my adventures on twitter: www.twitter.com/kennypirate

Comment

Ya know, as soon as I pressed enter, I had the same thought. Maybe there will be some type of lighting effects that would qualify as theatrical.

I love Dia de Los Muertos. Maybe they're going to do some type of presentation to decorate sugar skulls. And maybe the host needs theatrical lighting to spotlight him. OOOOO. I like that idea!
                              Designers Notes

Festoon lamps can be seen here, in their "harness."

http://www.xmasdirect.co.uk/collecti...sb22clearlamps

My bet is that we are getting glorified XMAS lights dipped in custom blended colors. In other words, glorified MULTI COLORED XMAS lights. (Medium base lamps just mean the size of the base of the bulb.)

The additional light is low illumination spotlights and some flicker effects, probably to emulate candlelight as candles are a huge part of Dia de los Muertos.

Hmmmmm. Glorified XMAS lights, simulated candle light, and some spotlights.

What ever it is, it could go either way as a show or atmosphere in my opinion.
                              Hmm... Interesting.. thanks for the research.

You know, if this IS going to be some sort of show, I'd would be beyond myself if it somehow incorporated Walt Disney's 1929 Silly Symphony, The Skeleton Dance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...?v=jkhxjzc9uuE

What a fitting addition to the HalloweenTime festivities that would be, no?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X