Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Photo Update 9/7: I LOVE the off season!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo Update 9/7: I LOVE the off season!

So...I've been looking forward to this day for at least 3 months. I've been to the DLR several times with my kids over the Summer, but we would generally get there in the early morning, fast pass ourselves into oblivion, and then watch as the crowds would pour in throughout the day in the 90 or 100 degree heat. Obviously July and August are NOT my favorite months at the DLR. :yuck:

But today, the kids are back in school, and I have Fridays off again this year.
    So...what to do? Hmmmm....

I pulled into DTD around 10:15 AM and headed off for Disneyland. No real lines at the bag check. No line at all at the gates, and soon I was inside and ready to take some shots.

It seems the Mad Hatter is frequenting the front gate area lately with the band, and as I arrived, he seemed intent on getting a certain group of guys to strut their stuff:

...which turned out to be more of a daunting task than he had anticipated...

But after a while, they actually began to catch on...

As I came through the tunnel, Cruella was greeting guests in front of City Hall...

..as "Minnie" ditched her mom and headed down Main Street on her own...

Yes...it was good to be back in Disneyland with the temperature in the 70's and the crowds....

...no esta aqui!

One of the bummers of the off season, of course, is the refurbing that is taking place throughout the park:

While painting during operating hours doesn't seem to be the BEST idea...

...I think it's important to remember that at least the painting is getting done. Although I have to admit that the "Dunn Edwards" bucket kind of shoots the theming all to heck.

And the refurbing continues unabatted. The Bengal Barbeque is closed...

...as is the River Belle...

On the plus side, the wait times are down a bit. This was at 10:35 for Indy...

And the Tours are, shall we say, a bit more intimate. Today's tour has a grand total of three:

10:45 in New Orleans Square and....where is everyone?

(More to come...)

Re: Photo Update 9/7: I LOVE the off season!

Originally posted by localdisnyfan View Post
    It seems the Mad Hatter is frequenting the front gate area lately with the band, and as I arrived, he seemed intent on getting a certain group of guys to strut their stuff:

...which turned out to be more of a daunting task than he had anticipated...

But after a while, they actually began to catch on...

I guess Mad Hatter really knows how to party, man! Great stuff.

AUTOPIA: Fan Since 1991

Comment

Sweet!!! Main Street looks dead!!

Comment

Great pics! I too love the off-season!

Comment

I'll probably get some heat for this, but I never like seeing stuff like this during park hours. It's incredibly bad show, and should be done before park opening or at night. And with the park opening at 10am and closing at 8pm Monday through Thursday, I really see no reason why this has to be done during park operating hours.

Great pics though, localdisnyfan!

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Comment

Originally posted by MasterGracey View Post
            I'll probably get some heat for this...

)

Comment

Another fantastic update! Eagerly await more.

Comment

Thanks for the photos!

We're down from Portland for the weekend, and while it's a little discouraging to see so many announced closures (along with the announced) and construction walls, we keep telling ourselves it's all for the best.

We saw the Mad Hatter with Alice this morning as well, and he was in good form. A male guest in his 30s called out from the train, as it was passing by, "I love you Alice," to which the Mad Hatter replied, "Hey, she's only twelve -- that makes this a little awkward!"

I was the only one who laughed.

The Bengal Barbecue was open by lunch time, but the crowds didn't materialize until late afternoon.

I'll scrape together some sort of trip report once we get back Monday night, and so I'll save the bulk of my comments until then.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterGracey View Post
                  I'll probably get some heat for this, but I never like seeing stuff like this during park hours. It's incredibly bad show, and should be done before park opening or at night. And with the park opening at 10am and closing at 8pm Monday through Thursday, I really see no reason why this has to be done during park operating hours.

Great pics though, localdisnyfan!
                  Excellent Point MasterG. I second your thoughts. This was even going on in Aug. 19-25. Bad Form.

LDF - Great TR as usual. Looking forward to more of your take on today in the park and more, more, more, pictures. Fridays off, Lucky!

Comment

I'll probably get some heat for this, but I guess I know what Ron Jeremy is doing now that he isn't doint The Surreal Life anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
                      I'll probably get some heat for this...
                      You asked for it.

:mob:

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post

"I guess I know what Ron Jeremy is doing now that he isn't doing The Surreal Life anymore."
                        Ladies and gentlemen, please hold all your calls, but we have a winner! :lol: :lmao: :roll:

Comment

Oh how I would love to be there right now.
                          Excellent pics so far
                          That's one of my favorite Hatters

Comment

Classic DIP. Classic!

Great phots. So clear you feel like you are there. Thanks for posting!

Comment

After visiting Six Flags over Texas this summer, I'm glad there is a guy with a bucket of paint. That place hasn't seen a painter in 20 years. I agree it's bad show, but at least it's getting done.
                              Kenny the Pirate
                              AKA Bad Mood t' Blackhearted
                              Disney Dream Job Pirate Winner 2007
                              Full WDW character and show schedules: www.kennythepirate.com
                              Follow my adventures on twitter: www.twitter.com/kennypirate

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X