This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are there PDA rules in the parks?

I was in the park Monday night right before the park was closing and I saw a man who was carrying his girlfriend on his back (I'm assuming they had a full day of walking). I was with my little cousins in Tomorrowland and I saw a CM stop the couple and asked the man to put her down. Is there something wrong with that? I was very confused and I think so was the couple.

Re: Are there PDA rules in the parks?

Nothing is wrong with that. The CM may have thought they were during other things... But many people do this (all of age) and no one stops them... The CM probably needs some sleep. So much for having fun.

Comment

I could be going out on a limb on this one, but perhaps it was a safety issue? Maybe if the guy accidently dropped the girl on the ground Disney would be worried of a potential (yet meaningless) lawsuit? This way Disney has done their job and made it known that something like this shouldn't be done?

Heck if I know. :shrugs:

...Joe...

Comment

My guess is if they are children, then piggybacking is okay...but for older teenagers, the act may be conceived as sexual.

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
        HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
        ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
        FOLLOW MY BLOG: <<LIFE, THE UNIVERSE, AND EVERYTHING>>

Comment

No, I think the Safety/Lawsuit issue is the main factor in this one. If she broke an ankle because he "slipped", there is potential to blame the slipping and resulted dropping on DIsney.

Comment

i go with safety issue

Comment

Probably exceed the weight limit for backpacking.

He should have left her in a locker.

Comment

Even though I disagree with it, I'm voting for it being too sexual. Parents are allowed to put small children way up on their shoulders and that would be more of a safety risk, so I don't think they could consider grown piggybacking to be unsafe.

Comment

Originally posted by JosephTNielsen View Post
                  I could be going out on a limb on this one, but perhaps it was a safety issue?
                  I have to say safety, too!! Safety is top priority at Disney.

Comment

:lmao: @ people saying it's "too sexual." Right, because, as everyone knows, the penis of the adult male human is located in the lower back, right above the buttocks.

Might've been a safety issue, but I doubt it. I've seen tons of guys piggybacking their girlfriends in the park over the years. Not an issue.

Most likely it was a tired, overworked, underpaid CM who was not in a mood to see people having fun. We know that grouchy, grumpy CMs are becoming more commonplace.

Comment

I vote safety on this one. I don't think there's anything overtly sexual about piggybacking...if the girl is tired and has a buddy to carry her, it's a gentlemanly thing to do. God, people have to twist everything into something perverted nowadays. You know something is wrong with society when people are more afraid of sex than war and death. It's high time some of us unbutton the tops of our stiff shirts, loosen that tie...

I've had several of my guy friends piggyback me around, actually...3 plus my boyfriend at Disneyland in one evening. I had hurt my knee, and they were taking turns carrying me so I could still enjoy my birthday at the happiest place on earth.

As for general PDA rules at the park, there aren't any official things...it's not like coming to the park with a curse word on your t-shirt (yes yes, I know, some people get away with it, but it's officially not allowed). If you can do it in other public places, then it's ok (not that couples should be making out for all to see, but just using simple social logic will get you where you need to be).

Comment

I vote safety. Not a grouchy CM and not sexual.
                        -Jack :geek:
                        Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Comment

Originally posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post
                          If you can do it in other public places, then it's ok (not that couples should be making out for all to see, but just using simple social logic will get you where you need to be).
                          yes, use common sense, do it in private, not in public, and DEFINITELY not in a dark theater that is showing a 3D movie with 4D effects, *COUGHS*Mousetails!*COUGHS*

Comment

Originally posted by TiaDalmaFan View Post
                            Might've been a safety issue, but I doubt it. I've seen tons of guys piggybacking their girlfriends in the park over the years. Not an issue.

Actually it is a pretty big safety issue. I worked at a big water park as a medic, and this was something that happened often, even in the water. If someone falls from a height greater than six feet (even five feet will do it), they may be critically injured. Many men are six feet tall, or more. If a female (or kid) fell from the shoulders, they could be critically injured or killed.

There have been people who just fall backwards on their own, strike their head and die. Sounds crazy but it's true.

Unfortunetly, it takes less time to say, "Please put her down." then to explain the whole reason.

Comment

yes, use common sense, do it in private, not in public
                              i experienced this while waiting in line for space mountion
                              sigpicDISNEYROYALTY

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X