Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Random Act of Kindness at the Esplande

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random Act of Kindness at the Esplande

Just wanted to share nice little story of a recent trip to the park....

My mom and I arrived at the park in the late morning, and we were about to enter DCA when we were approached by 2 teenagers. From their accents I assumed they were from the UK. They said they were not going to return that day, and they gave us their fully unused "Dream Fastpass" badges.

I was shocked. At first I was reluctant to take the badges, knowing how rare they are. Plus, since I now live so close and can go to the park whenever I want, I hesitated to take this prized item from foreign tourists who do not visit very often. They insisted that we take the fast passes. It was just a nice, simple gesture of kindness you don't see everyday.

Re: Random Act of Kindness at the Esplande

Wow.
    Congratulations. That was very sweet of them.
    Considering you don't think you really needed to use them, I hope you did not use them, and rather keep them tucked away, especially if they were entact. Imagine years from now what they might be worth as a collector item.
    Believe me, if I knew how much a full ticket book would be worth today, I gladly would have kept one tucked away from my childhood in the 1960's.

Comment

Originally posted by Kath2188 View Post
      Wow.
      Congratulations. That was very sweet of them.
      Considering you don't think you really needed to use them, I hope you did not use them, and rather keep them tucked away, especially if they were entact. Imagine years from now what they might be worth as a collector item.
      Believe me, if I knew how much a full ticket book would be worth today, I gladly would have kept one tucked away from my childhood in the 1960's.
      I think I'd look at it the opposite way - you've GOTTA use 'em! Of course, I subscribe to the Lasseter approach that says it was created to be played with. If they gave it away to you because they were leaving, they did it because "we're not going to get to use this thing, so someone else should have the opportunity." To then tuck it away and not use it, or especially to wait a few years and put it on ebay seems counterintuitive to the original gesture.

Nothing against collectors, more power to you if that's your thing. I just never saw the point.
      "Remember 'Old Yeller'? We shot the dog." - Roy E. Disney

Comment

Similar thing happened to me a while back. Unfortunately, we were only a few hours away from leaving ourselves.

Hell of a few hours though.
        WDW - 1987 & 1991
        DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
        DLR - October 2011

Comment

Originally posted by nathan detroit View Post
          Similar thing happened to me a while back. Unfortunately, we were only a few hours away from leaving ourselves.

Hell of a few hours though.
          You can do a LOT at Disneyland in 3 hours, especialy in the off-season. Often times I will go after work and stay from about 5-8 in the evening. My record has been 8 rides including dinner and a 15 minute rest to watch a Magic Music Days performance!

On topic - this is a great act of kindness. And even more impressive that these people understood what dream fastpasses were, and that they may be of value to someone who doesn't have one...

Comment

Great story! Thanks for sharing. It would be so great if everyone could be so kind.

Comment

(sigh) Dreams DO come true!!

Comment

We have done this twice. Once when my hubby, son and I won we used a few passes up on Soarin and ToT and then gave the rest away as we were done for the day. The family that we picked out were thrilled. Then during our 18 hour trip my son got a Dream FP and so we gave it and our unused FP that we had collected to Darkbeer and Deoggees Mom. Since they did not cost me anything I was glad to pass them on.
                sigpic

Comment

Awesome story!!!

I can't imagine getting Dream Fastpasses and NOT using them.

Comment

Yes, total score. There was more than that going on that day...if anything happened to any other MiceChatters, let us know...
                    sigpic

Comment

Man...this makes me feel bad that I didn't give up one unused dream FP badge I had... I usually leave my unused FP's somewhere in the park...I don't know what happens to those afterwards though....garbage...or someone throws them away...nevertheless...

I love giving away FPs...makes me feel all warm and happy inside!
                      Check out my Toy Story Mania 500,000 Run.
                      www.twitter.com/BCC4321

Ask me Anything.

Comment

If I got those fastpasses, I wouldn't use them. I want them dream ears!!!!!!
                        Took mom to Disneyland for the first time in over 20 years this week! Woo!
                        - March 1, 2006

She screamed, cried, and laughed...
                        - me too!

Comment

See, this is why people from the UK just rock. (Australians are bastards)
                          I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

Comment

Someone wants dream ears? I have 2 at home...want one?
                            Check out my Toy Story Mania 500,000 Run.
                            www.twitter.com/BCC4321

Ask me Anything.

Comment

Just an FYI...in the old days of ticketbooks...the area just outside the exits (Esplanade today) was always awash with RAKs (Random Acts of Kindness)...as folks leaving the Park would often offer and give away their unused ride coupons to strangers in the area.

Also related to that...lots of kids and teens (mostly experienced Disneyland locals) would actually hang out around the exits in hopes of an offer, or the more bold would directly mooch extra ride coupons from folks exiting.

"Mister...you got any tickets you're not going to use?" was something commonly heard around the exits back then. And I don't recall Disneyland ever doing anything to discourage it.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X