This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awful smell at DTD

Does anyone else agree with me that the sweet popcorn cart at Downtown Disney has to go?

Every time I go down there, that awful smell permeates the entire region from the Lego Store to the plaza in front of House of Blues, and I just about gag.

I know lots of people find the disgusting stuff delicious, but OMG is it offensive to smell. That cart has to go. How do those other vendors nearby stand it?

Re: Awful smell at DTD

I kind of love that smell. :blush:
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Comment

I agree with Sunny - Kettle corn, yummy.
      sigpic
      Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

Kettle corn! That's the name I was trying to remember. Thanks.

And I feel sorry for your nostrils!

Comment

That's alright...I feel sorry for your nostrils. I don't know many people that smell kettle corn and say "yuck".

I imagine that the cart you find offensive is the one near the Lego store and that one is the Caramel flavor kettle corn, whereas the cart near the tram loading/unloading area is straight on kettle corn, which is slightly sweet and mucho mas yummy.

I am having a hard time understanding how a successful cart "has to go" because you and (I have to imagine) a select few others don't like the product. I love the smell myself, but it can be a bit strong during still days. Wind helps a lot.

Comment

I like the smell of Kettle Corn too, but, on this last trip I found the smell irritating. I did not recognize it as kettle corn. Truly, I could not walk fast enough to get away from the odor.

Comment

Well, actually, they both smell the same to me.

Interesting how we all perceive smells differently.

But I still want them gone. It is a natural thing for someone who doesnt enjoy something to want it to go away.

Comment

I think the awful smell initiated by the cigar cart is much worse in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainTeach View Post
                  Interesting how we all perceive smells differently.
                  How true is that? You ever see 4 guys in a car with their heads hanging out the window while the one sitting in the middle just smiles?

Comment

It sucks us in every time......gotta buy some Kettle Corn now!
                    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
                    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

None of these smells compares to the strength of Walt Disney's Patented Magical Chili Farts. Those could clear out the entire park in less than 30 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob F View Post
                        I think the awful smell initiated by the cigar cart is much worse in my opinion.
                        Yeah, that can be awful... but often the Kettle Corn mixes into that one, and it gets really tear-eye awful.

LOL Grouchy Rob. I am usually the guy in the middle!

Comment

I find the smell rather intense and do walk by that area holding my breath. I know people like it, but the smell makes my head spin ... and not in a good way.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainTeach View Post
                            It is a natural thing for someone who doesnt enjoy something to want it to go away.
                            That borders on fascism honestly.

It's one thing to wish that the smell didn't bother you, or that people didn't like it and so supply and demand did away with it, but to make a statement like the "cart has to go" because it is bothersome to you, but enjoyed by so many, reeks of entitlement.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfy999 View Post
                              It sucks us in every time......gotta buy some Kettle Corn now!

You know what I find hilarious? I hate the taste of this stuff, but I find the smell almost irresistable.

Go figure.
                              Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X