Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Annual Passes for Dual Residency folk?? What counts as "proof" of residency?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annual Passes for Dual Residency folk?? What counts as "proof" of residency?

OK, I really, really, really hope I'm posting in the right place and that my question isn't listed elsewhere....I tried doing a search and going through stickies, but didn't see this listed.

My question is essentially: what is needed to prove Southern California residency for an annual pass? My parter works in Southern California 4 days a week and keeps an apartment down there, but he keeps a primary residency here in San Jose. Essentially he has two residences, but his driver's license shows his San Jose address.

I have read up on this on NUMEROUS sites, but only see reference to needing "proof," not what counts as proof.

I recall that when I lived in FL a driver's license was sufficient for Resident discounts on single-day tickets, and I wouldn't be surprised if one was further necessary--but figured it would be worth asking.

So, is it possible to bring bills, copies of leases or such to qualify for an annual pass?

I would assume that even IF he would be eligible, he would only be able to get one pass (meaning I would still have to pay regular admission prices when I visit), but it could still save money in the end if we ramp up the frequency of our visits.

Thanks much!

BrerDan
    Last edited by BrerDan; 09-12-2007, 02:05 PM. Reason: Insert Type of Post code

Re: Annual Passes for Dual Residency folk?? What counts as "proof" of residency?

I believe you can use things such as local utility bills to show residency. I have used a staff ID card (I work at a major university in So Ca) for proof. Also, I think you can purchase more than one ticket with a So Cal ID, but I could be wrong. You used to be able to for sure. But I don't think you can get more than one AP with it. Just single tickets.

Comment

Re: Annual Passes for Dual Residency folk?? What counts as "proof" of residency?

I have a pass already so this question isn't for me, but for some friends of mine. Will a Southern CA university ID work as proof of residence for my out of state friends (who live here for school)?

Comment

It used to be your utility bill works just fine, and I know he can get more then one ticket, as in the head of household status.
        I know they go by zip codes

Comment

Thanks for the replies!

It sounds like it might be worth a shot, at least!

Originally posted by Kath2188 View Post
          It used to be your utility bill works just fine, and I know he can get more then one ticket, as in the head of household status.
          I know they go by zip codes

Comment

Show your Driver's License/Permit or School ID.

If you don't have either - then there is a problem....

Comment

Originally posted by Pink Pirate View Post
              I have a pass already so this question isn't for me, but for some friends of mine. Will a Southern CA university ID work as proof of residence for my out of state friends (who live here for school)?
              Yes. I have used UCLA and USC IDs.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X