Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Which Attractions Should Go or be Renovated?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Attractions Should Go or be Renovated?

Ok, so we all know about the big changes coming to DCA from now till about 2011. Here'a a list just to remind you of what is stated to go down (All of what is stated here has been mentioned by Al Lutz in various posts throughout the year):

Entrance:
    The C-A-L-F-O-R-N-I-A entrance will be removed

Sunshine Plaza:
    Sunshine Plaza will be transformed into 20th Century Los Angeles
    20th century vehicles will roam from this area here to Paradise Pier
    Store and Eatery facades will be transformed into those of the period
    The Sun Peel will be transformed into the new Golden Dreams Theater
    The Golden Gate Bridge will be transformed into a bridge from that period

Hollywood Pictures Backlot:
    Hollywood Pictures Backlot will be transformed into 20th century Hollywood Boulevard
    Building facades around Hollywood Boulevard will get 20th century treatment

Hyperion Theater will transform the outdoor lobby into an indoor lobby and other finishing touches

Condor Flats/Grizzly Peak Recreation Area:
    Pan for Gold attraction will be built in this area
    Both these areas will be transformed into 20th century Yosemite Park

Grizzly River Rapids will be themed with wildlife audio-animatronics
    Grizzly Peak Railroad will roam across the Grizzly River attraction

Paradise Pier:
    Paradise Pier will be transformed into a 20th century Boardwalk
    Games of the Boardwalk will all be removed to allow new facades
    Store and Eatery facades will be transformed into those of that period
    Paradise Lagoon will get a boat ride

Toy Story Mania! Will open in 2008 in the middle of Paradise Pier

Maliboomer will be themed into Toy Story soldier parachute ride
    Golden Zephyr will be replaced with lighthouse and relocated to the north side of Paradise Pier
    Sun Wheel will get a better queue
    S.S. Rustworthy will be removed
    Orange Stinger will be removed
    Mulholland Madness will be removed and replaced with Victorian Beer Gardens
    A Ratatouille Coaster will be added

Burger Invasion will be removed and replaced with Victorian Beer Gardens
    Corn Dog Castle will be removed
    Pizza Oom Mow Wow will be removed

Souvenir 66 will be removed
    The east side of Paradise Pier will be transformed into outdoor seating for the show

The Bay Area:
    Golden Dreams Theater will be replaced with a Little Mermaid dark ride
    San Francisco buildings will be replaced with a coming attractions exhibit

Miscallaneous:
    Also, Block Party Bash will br reaplaced with anew Pixar Parade.

Now, my question to you, out of the attractions not on this list, what attractions need to go or be renovated?

These include:
    Mission Tortilla Factory
    Boudin Bakery
    Seasons of the Vine
    Disney Animation:
    Turtle Talk with Crush
    Character Close-Up
    Animation Academy
    Sorcerer's Workshop
    Playhouse Disney-Live On Stage?
    Hollywood Backlot Stage
    Monsters Inc: Mike and Sulley to the Rescue
    The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
    Soarin' Over California
    Tuck n' Roll's Drive 'Em Buggies
    Flik's Flyers
    Heimlich's Chew Chew Train
    Princess Dot Puddle Park
    Francis' Ladybug Boogie
    It's Tough to be a Bug!
    King Triton's Carousel
    Redwood Creek Challenge Trail
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

Re: Which Attractions Should Go or be Renovated?

It's tough to be a bug is the only 3-d movie at DL that I like so I hope that stays.

I like the Monsters Inc. ride somewhat, and still havn't seen Turtle talk yet. Both are loved by the kiddies so I hope those stay.

Twilight Zone should stay for obvious reasons.

Screamin should stay for the roller coaster lovers or else the SpaceMountain line will get ridiculously long again.

The Sorcerer's workshop and Soarin should stay simply bc they're my favorites at DCA.

Everthing else can go or stay. It matters not to me. I only spend about a half a day there per trip.

Comment

I'll make this post quick. If anybody wants to discuss my decisions further just let me know.

Mission Tortilla Factory - Move into new building combined with Bakery
      Boudin Bakery - (See above)
      Seasons of the Vine - Remove
      Disney Animation:
      Turtle Talk with Crush - Remove
      Character Close-Up - Renovate
      Animation Academy - Renovate
      Sorcerer's Workshop - Renovate
      Playhouse Disney-Live On Stage? - Remove
      Hollywood Backlot Stage - Renovate
      Monsters Inc: Mike and Sulley to the Rescue - Remove
      The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror - Renovate a tad - not much
      Soarin' Over California - Renovate queue
      Tuck n' Roll's Drive 'Em Buggies - Remove
      Flik's Flyers - Remove
      Heimlich's Chew Chew Train - Keep
      Princess Dot Puddle Park - Remove
      Francis' Ladybug Boogie - Change design and move elsewhere in the park
      It's Tough to be a Bug! - Update software
      King Triton's Carousel - Remove
      Redwood Creek Challenge Trail - Remove

...Joe...

Comment

Now, my question to you, out of the attractions not on this list, what attractions need to go or be renovated?

These include:
        Mission Tortilla Factory-------keep
        Boudin Bakery-------------keep
        Seasons of the Vine----------------redesign. cancel the contract with mondavi and replace with fess parker and dianne disney miller's(silverado vineyards) brands
        Disney Animation------------keep
        Turtle Talk with Crush
        Character Close-Up
        Animation Academy
        Sorcerer's Workshop
        Playhouse Disney-Live On Stage?---------move to toontown
        Hollywood Backlot Stage-------keep
        Monsters Inc: Mike and Sulley to the Rescue---move to toontown
        The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror--------expand either new orleans square or frontierland and put tot in one of these areas
        Soarin' Over California--------------keep
        Tuck n' Roll's Drive 'Em Buggies---keep but move to toontown
        Flik's Flyers-----keep, but move to toontown
        Heimlich's Chew Chew Train---keep but move to toontown
        Princess Dot Puddle Park------keep but move to toontown
        Francis' Ladybug Boogie--------"" "" "" "" ""
        It's Tough to be a Bug!--------keep
        King Triton's Carousel-------------------remove. we already have a carrousel.
        Redwood Creek Challenge Trail[/QUOTE]----------------remove and put in either restaurants or shops or both.

Comment

They need to do something in the building that had Who Wants to be a Millionaire. I dont think anything should be done to Screamin' and I wish they'd take out Playhouse Disney. I dont see how that will fit in with the new theme back there.

Comment

Originally posted by disneyfan07 View Post
            Mission Tortilla Factory-------keep
            Boudin Bakery-------------keep
            I'm surprised anyone is in favor of keeping these. Aren't these walkthrough "attractions" one of the major problems with the park in the first place?
            Playhouse Disney-Live On Stage?---------move to toontown
            Monsters Inc: Mike and Sulley to the Rescue---move to toontown
            Tuck n' Roll's Drive 'Em Buggies---keep but move to toontown
            Flik's Flyers-----keep, but move to toontown
            Heimlich's Chew Chew Train---keep but move to toontown
            Princess Dot Puddle Park------keep but move to toontown
            Francis' Ladybug Boogie--------"" "" "" "" ""
            How would this work thematically? Toontown is based on wacky hand-drawn cartoons, not realistic-looking CGI.

The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror--------expand either new orleans square or frontierland and put tot in one of these areas
            Tower of Terror is based on Hollywood, not New Orleans or the wild west. How would this work?

Comment

Last edited by merlinjones; 09-13-2007, 01:01 AM.

Comment

I really enjoyed Turtle Talk with Crush-- and I am 24 with no kids. It was really amusing to both parents and kids alike, and it was especially neat to see the kiddos interact with Crush. And I generally am not a huge kid fan.

Playhouse Disney-- I would have to say no. Playhouse Disney really isn't as huge as it used to be and it only really pertains to very young kids. And not the whole family.

Monsters Inc -- I actually LIKED it. It's not the best dark ride I've ever been on, but I've been on worse rides in WDW. And from what people have said its a lot better than Superstars Limo which was there before.

As for Muppets being replaced by Mickey's Phil...that's just a shame. :/ Seriously I <3 the Muppets and yes I've seen it in Florida long before it came to California, but its still good. They need to stop recycling attractions.

Comment

"The Golden Gate Bridge will be transformed into a bridge from that period"

Just confused, isn't the period they are talking about the 20th century/1900's? The Golden Gate Bridge was built during the depression (construction started in 1933), so it already is in the right time period.
                  I hope they either keep the Golden Gate Bridge or else get rid of the Bridge idea entirely as there is no other Bridge that is so associated with California (of course in this case what would they use to "hide" the Monorail track?!

Comment

The tortilla factory and bakery should stay because they are the perfect snack and it doesn't cost a dime.

Comment

Character close up at Animation is Officially removed perminately.

CM guide says it.

Comment

Mission Tortilla Factory-Keep but remodel the whole area to include a nice sit down Mexican restaurant. In fact that whole area should be restaurants. A nice sit down Chinese restaurant would be nice to.
                        Boudin Bakery-keep
                        Seasons of the Vine-??? j/k keep/go I have no preference
                        Disney Animation:keep this is one of the real gems in DCA
                        Turtle Talk with Crush- a chance to talk to and interact with a Disney character...sweeet
                        Character Close-Up
                        Animation Academy
                        Sorcerer's Workshop
                        Playhouse Disney-Live On Stage?
                        Hollywood Backlot Stage-This would be great if they remodeled it and made it more like the Tomorrowland area. Pull all those eateries off the main street, make a central kitchen and offer lots of covered seating. With a good show this would be a nice area.
                        Monsters Inc: Mike and Sulley to the Rescue-keep with a better queue( I think I read somewhere this was already planned.
                        The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror- just better theming up to the hotel.
                        Soarin' Over California-keep
                        Tuck n' Roll's Drive 'Em Buggies-remove- this area would be better suited by removing this and Lady bug Boogie and creating at least one good ride and maybe a walk-through attraction something like in Toon-town but bug themed.
                        Flik's Flyers-keep
                        Heimlich's Chew Chew Train-keep but redesign the whole ride to circle FFF. I know it probably wouldn't fit but it would be nice.
                        Princess Dot Puddle Park-I would remove this whole area and adding at least one maybe two new rides. Besides don't we get enough of the trailer park people letting there kids play in the water in there underwear in the farm area.
                        Francis' Ladybug Boogie- see above
                        It's Tough to be a Bug!-keep
                        King Triton's Carousel- I would like to see a better carousel I like the the animals just don't care for the carousel itself . If there isn't room for one with a bigger footprint. Why not go double decker, kind of like the one on Pier 39 in SF.
                        Redwood Creek Challenge Trail- Only walked through this area once. Lot of real estate seems like a ride could put this area to better use.
                        I love the smell of burnt coffee in the morning. ..

Comment

Isn't Redwood Creek Challenge Trail as big as the Indian Village was? If so, then they definately need to build a ride there. Look what they were able to do with the Indian Village area.

Comment

I hate to remind people but Disneyland was built for family fun. Note just teens and young single adults. Rides and attractions like disney;'s playhouse and the Bugsland my children love, and just look how crowed those two areas get Disney would be insane to get rid ofthose two. With that said some one please burn down that Zepplin ride!
                            Dave

Comment

Nobody is advocating for these parks to cater only to teens and young single adults. You have to remember that Walt didn't design Disneyland as something that you would grow out of after five years old. Fantasyland is certainly child friendly, but it also has things that appeal to adults. Things like Bugsland and Playhouse Disney are very short sighted because they cater to an even smaller demographic, literally. When I was a little kid, my favorite ride wasn't even in Fantasyland; it was Pirates of the Caribbean. At four years old, the Dumbo ride was already boring to me, so I don't think that some people give kids enough credit as far as their intelligence goes.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X