This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snow White's 70th anniversary event - November 16, 2007

Disney has posted a "save the date" for an event on November 16, 2007 celebrating the 70th anniversary of "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs". There's really no information other than that, but you can see the posting for yourself here: http://psc.disney.go.com/eventservic...hiteevent.html.

Re: Snow White's 70th anniversary event - November 16, 2007

At this point there's only one certainty: there will be limited-edition pins involved.

Comment

This is indeed good news. I have long lamented the apparent demise of celebrating the character's or movie mile-stone birthdays. Last one I remember is Mickey's 60th. I hope that next year we see something special for his 80th.
      WDW - 1987 & 1991
      DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
      DLR - October 2011

Comment

Darn it. I'll be at work and unable to go.

Maybe they'll be rolling out the new upgrades to the haunted forest scene? Maybe some others, too- like, returning the hag in front of the mirror and putting the Queen figure back 'inside' the mirror (not a new effect, but this needs to happen, anyways). Would be a shame if this wasn't fixed by then.

Comment

Man. 70 years is a long time for a buisness. 50 bucks says something special might happen to the Snow White ride.

Now hang on to them hats n' glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!

Originally posted by pussnboots
          Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer
          So is the consensus that Splash Mountain would be way more exciting than Jungle Cruise at Disneyland Paris?
          Zip-a-dee-duh.

Comment

A non-rushed ending perhaps?

Comment

wow i can't believe that movie is 70 years old
              sigpicDISNEYROYALTY

Comment

Originally posted by nathan detroit View Post
                This is indeed good news. I have long lamented the apparent demise of celebrating the character's or movie mile-stone birthdays. Last one I remember is Mickey's 60th. I hope that next year we see something special for his 80th.
                Well, for Mickey's 75th they had the 75 Mickey statues on display around the USA. They were at WDW then ended up in DL. There are a few still around, I know one is at the World of Disney in NYC.
                It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

why would Disney celebrate antiquity?

Comment

Originally posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
                    Well, for Mickey's 75th they had the 75 Mickey statues on display around the USA.
                    Snow White and the 70 Dwarfs?

Originally posted by Sir.Mouse View Post
                    It's longevity, man, longevity.

Comment

Snow White was the beginning of the long line of their sucsessful buisness*.

* = Steamboat Willie was Disneys last chance to stand up, and luckily it was a sucsess, but not the beginning of their featured films buisness.

Now hang on to them hats n' glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!

Originally posted by pussnboots
                      Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer
                      So is the consensus that Splash Mountain would be way more exciting than Jungle Cruise at Disneyland Paris?
                      Zip-a-dee-duh.

Comment

Originally posted by BoogaFrito View Post
                        Snow White and the 70 Dwarfs?

It's longevity, man, longevity.
                        totally, I was just kidding. I can still remember when I was a kid and begging my parents to take me to the theaters to see snow white! I never got the chance but still. I just felt I had to see the movie, I've read the little golden books, been on the ride, and herd so much with out seeing the movie; and when it was re released I was wild.

Comment

Cool! When my Mom turns 76, no more birthdays!

Comment

I'm delighted to hear that such milestones will be recognized. Much respect.

Comment

Thats great news ! Snow White deserves to be celebrated! The last time it got celebrated was the 50th Golden Anniversary in 1985 at Disneyland with a parade and stageshow. Maybe they will do something like that again in honor of this classic film!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X