Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Photo Update 9/14: Early Signs of Halloween, Gallery Tarps Down, Soarin, and more...

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo Update 9/14: Early Signs of Halloween, Gallery Tarps Down, Soarin, and more...

(In this update: The first Halloween decorations go up, the tarps are off the Gallery, shots from Soarin Over California, and the Off Season: Part Deux. )

Yesterday dawned bright and cloudless, and with the temperatures expected to stay in the low 80's, it was time to head back to the DLR. Did I mention I have Fridays off? :razz:

As I arrived in DTD, I noticed that it MIGHT be a bit more crowded than last week as there seemed to be quite a line for the Monorail. As they usually take awhile to get both red and purple up and running, I wanted to tell these poor hotel guests that it might be much faster to hoof it:

My favorite time to take shots of the parks is early morning. Granted, it was 9:15 AM when I arrived, but the park always looks amazing in the morning:

Apparently, the rafts to the Island don't start until...what? 10 AM on weekdays?

I love the path behing Big Thunder. I think this might be my favorite tree at Disneyland:

These kids were cracking me up. "Mom! There's pirahnas in there! I just saw one!"

Tarzan's Treehouse always offers amazing views. Here's the Mark Twain in Fowler's Harbor:

The Haunted Mansion is still closed as the overlay is not quite done yet:

Here's the obligatory peek over the fence:

Captain Jack wooing said fair maiden:

As I headed back over from the Haunted Mansion, I noticed that the tarps were already down on what was formerly known as "The Disney Gallery."

I'm sure there is still plenty of work to be done before it becomes inhabitable by lucky dream winning guests:

On my way over to DCA I stopped to grab a cinammon twist from the Blue Ribbon Bakery. And...I saw a sight I've NEVER seen before...

NO LINE!!

(More to come...)
    Last edited by Mac Daddy; 09-15-2007, 12:15 PM.

Re: Photo Update 9/14: Early Signs of Halloween, Gallery Tarps Down, Soarin, and more

I wish I could be there this time of the year, the place looks amazing and the lack of people must be wonderful!

Comment

Re: Photo Update 9/14: Early Signs of Halloween, Gallery Tarps Down, Soarin, and more

So now that the Gallery is no longer the Gallery, and the balcony belongs to whoever is staying there, does that mean no Fantasmic Balcony seating?

That's quite a bit of revenue they will be missing out on.

Oh yeah, great pictures.

Comment

Love the pic of the MT from Tarzan's Treehouse. I forget that the view up there is so interesting!

Thanks for the pics. Looking forward to more.
        The Mur

Comment

OOOOOO
          I loved the Haunted mansion picture!!!!!!
          Click here for most recent TR with night shots of Tomorrowland! (WDW)

WDW Photo update <Hidden Mickeys - Details - and SM with the lights on>

Comment

great trip report so far
            sigpicDISNEYROYALTY

Comment

Great photos -- I'm looking forward to more.

On Monday the rafts did not start running until 11:00.

Comment

I wanna see soarin!!!

Comment

Did you happen to visit the "Yard Sale" happening over by DtD? Great pics, btw. Love the one of the Mark Twain.
                  The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

Comment

Another fantastic update! More, more, more.

Comment

Great shots!
                      <3 Chloe

Comment

This is by far my favoritest (yea I said it) photo! Awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by localdisnyfan View Post

These two photos are my favorites (so far). That Haunted Mansion one is just so artsy. I went on Tuesday but took very few photos, nothing worth posting. I did notice the tarps were down on the former Gallery. Sigh.
                          sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the comments everyone. ^^

(Part II: DCA and Soarin...)

After recovering from the shock of an EMPTY Blue Ribbon Bakery, I headed off to DCA where there was, happily, not much of a line to get in...

I paid my respects to Condor Flats, knowing that it's time is limited. :clap:

I DO like the plane bursting out of the Taste Pilot's grill though...

When I got in line for Soarin, I saw something else I've never seen before...

There was me, and just a handful of other people!

A few more showed up, and I made sure I asked for row one in section B.

Then it was show time!

(Cue music)

Soarin to Tower....We are ready for take off....

I always stick my feet out on Soarin. :blush:

This part always freaks me out...

I love this view...

And this one...

Golf ball in 3....2....1...

I like the effect that I got on this...

...and cue fragrance...

Nice and quiet....

...and then it's really loud....

Also one of my favorites...

Okay....so this was a tough shot to get...

And....back in for a landing....

Easily one of my favoritest (Hey...if O'nut says it, so can I) rides at the DLR.... :bow:

(Almost done! Up next: More shots of the park including the first signs of Halloween...)
                            Last edited by Mac Daddy; 09-15-2007, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Great shots! (Although I must say: shame, shame for using your camera on Soarin'... :rules: )

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X