This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Example of bad show in the Jedi Training Academy

Reading about bad show coming from maintenence got me to thinking about something that I have noticed in the Jedi Training Academy that is very simple to change. Hopefully if you are a Jedi CM or know some of them you can pass on the word.

What I have noticed is that if a kid (or is it padawan?) drops his or her light saber or if the Master needs to have the kid hold it in a certain way, I have often seen the Master hold the saber by the blade portion. Now if this were an actual light saber if it was picked up by the blade porition you would immediately have your hand or fingers sliced off.

Of course if there is an emergency and they need to keep someone from getting hurt then this would be an exception, but to improve the show I think the people performing in the show needs to take great care of holding the light sabers only by the handles. Or maybe there are some Star Wars fans out there and I am totally wrong and you could hold light sabers by the blade?

Re: Example of bad show in the Jedi Training Academy

oh my...

Comment

The Jedi Master explains that they are using practice light sabers at the very beginning of the show. In fact, he holds the blade and talks about how he couldn't do that if it were real. So I think it's okay.
      A signature should go here.

Comment

Or ...

They could embed ultra-sharp razor blades in the blade portion so that if somebody does pick it up 'incorrectly' it would at least draw some blood. Actually cutting off an appendage seems like 'bad show'.

Anything to enhance the verisimilitude ...

Comment

See, but I don't know if a light saber wound would bleed. I kinda think it would cauterize itself as it slices. :geek:

Comment

OMG....seriously who cares if they touch the plastic toy light saber. ?? :lol: You can totally tell they are toys anyway. geez...

Comment

Originally posted by SusieP. View Post
              See, but I don't know if a light saber wound would bleed. I kinda think it would cauterize itself as it slices. :geek:
              So, would you settle for scar tissue ?

Comment

Originally posted by JeffYardDog View Post
                So, would you settle for scar tissue ?
                Yes. :judge:

Why am I even IN this thread??? :lol:

Comment

Yes. :judge:

Why am I even IN this thread??? :lol:
                  Sorry, we don't do psychiatric evaluations here.

Comment

Bummer. There's nothing better than free amateur psychiatry! I'll have to find another forum for that, I guess.

Comment

The Jedi Master explains that they are using practice light sabers at the very beginning of the show. In fact, he holds the blade and talks about how he couldn't do that if it were real. So I think it's okay.

I agree.
                      <3 Chloe

Comment

That is not bad show. Sorry.
                        Jeff Wayne

Comment

What she said. :smart:

Comment

OK. Thanks. Its been a little while since I have seen the whole thing through. Thanks for pointing that out. Makes more sense.

OK guys -- continue having fun!

Comment

I think of it like the various sword training academies, usually train with a "dummy sword" before handling the real thing. Personally I love to watch the show when the older students beat the crap out of the CM... but that's just me.
                              "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X