Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think they should put some modified motorboat cruise boats on that track that let people cruise around those caves.

bottom line...they need to do something with that space. it's such a waste to have it doing nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter
      I think they should put some modified motorboat cruise boats on that track that let people cruise around those caves.
      The problem with that is that above water, the caves are just warehouse space. There's nothing to see... they'd have to theme it and that's $$$.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonliner
        As an alternative, how about a simple cosmetic overlay? Add a few plants, maybe some ducks. Just spruce it up a bit so that it looks nice for the 50th and does not distract from the ambiance of the park. If you could come up with a nice (but not too expensive) effect or two to give it a tomorrowland feel so much the better. Perhaps Gantoo's ship "crashed" and sticking half out of the water or some of those dancing fountains...

I love the idea of doing some cosmetic to the lagoon during the 50th!! Something to draw away for the emptiness. Defitnely a good idea.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

I read somewhere on another site an idea I liked, but would still cost some money to make safe; drain the lagoon, and just for the 50th have a guided tour walk through of how the ride used to be but in the dry lagoon. So that way you appease subs fans to a certain degree; they get to say one final goodbye, and they get to see it from a unique perspective, and even those that didnt like the subs would find it interesting. It wouldnt take a LOT of money and would make another attraction to absorb the 50th crowds. Plus it would be great advertising for the new Nemo/whatever subs ride idea they could put a display at the end of the tour something that gives a little sample of what the new ride will be like to pump people up. Heck they could probably even get away with charging a modest fee, say $10 to take the tour so it would pay for itself. And they could make some quickie merchandise like postcards of the tour and put up a small gift shop that has the only subs related merchandise in the park. Imagine a photo opportunity of being able to take of photo of yourself by the silly sea serpent, or giant squid.

Comment

What if they put in a sincranized swimmer/little mermaid show? Or put in remote controlled minature sail boats and motor boats that you could race around the lagoon?
            Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
            Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
            Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
            Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
            Marge: Pink.
            Homer: D'oh!
            Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

Comment

How about taking all the subs they have and park them in the lagoon for people to see on May 5th and say coming 2007? The fans would love that and they wouldn't have to build anything until then.
              It would definately help with the atmosphere in the area. At least the area wouldn't look totally dead.
              Last edited by Disneyfreak; 02-07-2005, 11:13 AM.

Comment

I like that. Maybe they could even have them continuously running around thru the lagoon. But if it was like that I bet you would want to ride them even more.

Comment

Originally posted by mp3piratesavvy
                  I like that. Maybe they could even have them continuously running around thru the lagoon. But if it was like that I bet you would want to ride them even more.
                  It would be like they were taunting us.

Comment

Personally, I'm all for the forthcoming Nemo Project - it has been billed as the Park's next "E" ticket & after such a hiatus on Big new WOW factor rides at DL, I'm happy for even just a "D" standard ride.

In saying that, it is simply not logical to bring back the old subs for a short stint and nor would it be impressive. The addition of Buzz together with the return of Space & a "freshened" paint scheme for Tomorrowland will breath enough life back into the area until Nemo comes along once the 50th is over with
                    I'm just a bit more than Just Really Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey_D
                      Personally, I'm all for the forthcoming Nemo Project - it has been billed as the Park's next "E" ticket & after such a hiatus on Big new WOW factor rides at DL, I'm happy for even just a "D" standard ride.

In saying that, it is simply not logical to bring back the old subs for a short stint and nor would it be impressive. The addition of Buzz together with the return of Space & a "freshened" paint scheme for Tomorrowland will breath enough life back into the area until Nemo comes along once the 50th is over with
                      very true,

like I've said it'd be a total waste to bring the subs back as are and it'd be just as big a waste to spend all that energy (and gas?) running those subs in circles all day long (and you'd still have to maintain them, they require drivers don't they? what if one derails you could destroy that entire building, and then Autopia would cave into it )
                      "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

Comment

I think it would be a good idea for a little taunting! They did it for years with the Haunted Mansion before it opened and by the time it did people wanted it 10x more!
                        Originally posted by drunkmom
                        this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

Comment

So is it confirmed? Are the subs truly coming back?

Comment

Originally posted by MiceMan
                            I think it would be a good idea for a little taunting! They did it for years with the Haunted Mansion before it opened and by the time it did people wanted it 10x more!
                            a little would be leaving a sub or two out in the open and putting up the sign again on one of them

that would be like what the Haunted Mansion was

they did not however have a group of actors and effects people out there all day and night running in circles singing grim grinning ghosts or talking about how the ride would be here soon

Comment

Originally posted by Gemini Cricket
                              It would be like they were taunting us.
                              That is the whole point. It would make us pumped up for the ride when they start to build it. It would be a nice gift if they promised us they would bring the subs in some way or form. It would be a free gift by just bringing the subs out and parking them. Very easy to do too.

Comment

If nothing is going to happen until the end of the 50th celebration, which extends into 2006, and it takes at least a year to build out, test, and soft open, then I don't see how a Nemo theme makes much sense--the movie will be rather old, by that point. They should have been working on some sort of connection back when the movie was in pre-production, not now after the movie has been out for so long.

Comment

I say leave SV the way it was when it was origionally opened. I'm a sucker for classic Walt Disney rides!!!!! You just don't see as many as you should still see!!!!!
                                  Listen to me on the radio!

us101country.com Fridays- 9p-12m ET and Saturdays- 7p-10p ET

981thelegend.com Monday-Friday - 12m-6a ET

rock105.net Sundays - 10p-12m ET

You can also visit my DJ blog HERE!
                                  Also, I have a Myspace- CLICK HERE

Comment

Originally posted by BigDaddyKyle
                                    I say leave SV the way it was when it was origionally opened. I'm a sucker for classic Walt Disney rides!!!!! You just don't see as many as you should still see!!!!!
                                    I agree, they need to keep the same theme but make all the technology 21st century worthy.

Comment

The question is, does Nemo really fit in the land of the future? NO!

On the other hand, if the subs were based on something like that old Seaquest show, something from the future, then yes it would fit in to Tomorrowland. But Nemo? Doesn't really fit. It's like when they brought the Hunchback to Frontierland.

If Nemo is going in, then be prepared for Big Thunder Mountain getting a Lion King overlay. :devil:

Comment

*cough* Discoveryland *cough*

*cough* comprised of Nemo, Matterhorn, Autiopa and Aquatopia (in the motorboat cruise) *cough*

*cough* transition between fantasyland and tomorrowland *cough*

Comment

The stroller thread gave me an idea: the fantastic sea of strollers attraction! Marvel at the many hundreds of strollers as they ebb back and forth creating high and low tides! Its like a colorful parade of little stroller sail boats! Or even better the amazing stroller dive; see how attached parents are to their strollers and whether they risk a dive into the murky depths of the lagoon for their precious strollers. I smell a reality show here!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X