This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sony Handycam vs. The Haunted Mansion

Does anyone know what the requirements for filming inside the Haunted Mansion are? When using a Sony Handycam during a recent ride-through a CM came on the loundspeaker and said "turn off the video camera" during the ride. There was no screen open or light coming from the camera. What gives? When Haunted Mansion Holiday was running there were no problems. It was filmed from start to finish. Why would the normal Haunted Mansion be any different? How are some people able to get away with it?

Re: Sony Handycam vs. The Haunted Mansion

Were you using nightshot?

If so, the CM may not have known the light was infared. On their monitors infared light can appear very bright and it also can be difficult to distinguish between normal light.

It also depends on the CM. Some will ignore a light and some will not. It's like a coin flip.

I do not know what Disney's official policy is on videotaping attractions. If there is a policy, it is randomly enforced.

Comment

...or maybe there was someone else in another part of the ride using a light on their video camera...could be?

Comment

To my knowledge, videotaping attractions doesn't violate any rules. Flash photos are right out, but I believe non-flash photos and videos that don't add any light to the attraction are fine. I second what PhotoMatt said about the infrared.

Comment

Maybe they just didn't like the cut of your jib.

Comment

maybe it was a GHOST that said it....

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
            All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

Comment

That has happened to me before with the night-shot. They will sometimes say to turn off the "Video Lighting" but not the video. I just ignore it because I don't use video lighting. I think they figure it out after a minute or two. It usually happens in the ballroom scene.

It also doesn't happen everytime I videotape.

Comment

Oh wow, this is good to know. I have filmed in the Haunted Mansion and a few other rides before (with nightshot of course) and I've never had a problem. Plus I have both versions (HMH and HM) on video and I was never told to stop taping or turn off a light.
                http://www.facebook.com/silverpsycho
                Always looking for new Disney friends.

Comment

where are the cameras in the ride? thers one in the hallway somewhere i took a pic and got the cm message

Comment

They told me to put my clothes back on once, but that's another story.
                    sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

Originally posted by Druggas View Post
                      They told me to put my clothes back on once, but that's another story.
                      YOU!

Comment

The only attraction I recall that ALL video taping is prohibited is
                        on Soarin' in DCA.
                        Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                        An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                        Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                        Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

This happened to me in the attic. Just put your finger over the night shot apperatus or peice on your camera where it comes from. This makes them not be able to see the light while mainting a less intense night shot for your filming which prevents glare on the glass in the ballroom.

Comment

Originally posted by patattack View Post
                            where are the cameras in the ride? thers one in the hallway somewhere i took a pic and got the cm message
                            There are more cameras than you would think in both the HM and Pirates. The are spaced fairly close so that virtually the entire ride is covered. Easier to see the cameras in Pirates as you can turn around better. They basically shoot over your shoulder.

ok off topic....

One night very late during the 2nd showing of Fantasmic, I was riding with my kids. I showed them where the cameras were and they proceeded to look for every one and wave to the operator. As we were moving into the 2nd building and the Wicked Wench scene, when my kids waved again, the operator cut in with the PA and said "Hi Guys." One of my all time favorite moments in the park with my kids!
                            The Mur

Comment

I used video in Pirated and Haunted Mansion frequently. I use a Sony HandiCam in Nightshot mode and I always turn off my IR light. Disney has more than enough IR to get good video using a Sony with Nightshot on (but the IR ight turned off). Another reason is I do not like the Nightshot IR light showing up on my video.

Easy way, just turn off the Nightshot light and turn on Nightshot mode and tape away.

CU@DL

Andy
                              -
                              What is, is... What is not, is not.

Boom!

I don't ask for much... Just a few little things!

Extra effort yields extraordinary results!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X