This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out-of-Towner Single Guy Visit

What's the best time of year this fall/winter for a single guy to visit Disneyland? I have yet to see the new subs or any of the holiday layovers, but I don't want to get chushed by holiday travelers. I don't mind tourists (particularily since I am one) but visiting the park alone has me trying not to stick out like a sore thumb. Any suggestions, or am I asking to eat my cake and have it too?
    As nice as the other parks are, we must always remember that it all began at Disneyland. Disneyland should be the crown jewel in the Disney crown.

Re: Out-of-Towner Single Guy Visit

Originally posted by EpTxGuy View Post
    What's the best time of year this fall/winter for a single guy to visit Disneyland? I have yet to see the new subs or any of the holiday layovers, but I don't want to get chushed by holiday travelers. I don't mind tourists (particularily since I am one) but visiting the park alone has me trying not to stick out like a sore thumb. Any suggestions, or am I asking to eat my cake and have it too?
    Weekdays, preferably not during a school break would be best. Do you have a certain time you have to go?

Also, don't worry about sticking out. Really. Just... have fun? Ha, it's not that... sore-thumby to be alone!
    Code Lee-Oh-Co (Or Jessica, if you want)

Comment

ANY time is a good time for Disneyland!

Comment

I've done Disneyland single and loved it. I'm probably going to do it again this November and I can't wait. I never felt like I stuck out since there are people there. I even had some great conversations while waiting in line.

I went one time the second week of November and the crowds were perfect!

Comment

I went by myself last November for a week. Here is a link to my huge trip report from last year. You can get a sense of what it is like to go by yourself. I started my trip Veteran's Day weekend (crowded) But by MOnday it was quiet. But You can read all about it in my thread from alst year.

http://72.52.222.252/forums/showthread.php?t=45327

Comment

Going solo is easy!

You can go where you want, see what you want, ride what you want, eat when/what you want, etc...

You get the idea.

As far as crowds go, you can easily avoid them by "exercising your options" as described above. Just avoid the weekend of Thanksgiving and the week between Christmas and New Years, and you'll be fine.

Now go and have a Tiggerific time!

Comment

If you do want to see Christmas at DL, the 1st couple of weeks during
              December are OK. To avoid the crowds, avoid the Candlelight Service
              weekend, and avoid the CM party days. Of course weekdays are best.

And regardless, make sure to use the single rider lines, especially for
              Splash Mt. But for Soarin' over California, just use a fastpass ~ that
              way you can request section B row 1.

Check out the Fastpass Tips sticky also for the best ways to make
              use of the FP system.
              Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
              An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
              Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
              Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

I don't mind tourists (particularily since I am one) but visiting the park alone has me trying not to stick out like a sore thumb.
                OMG, people are going to point and laugh at you for being by yourself. You better be prepared to be stared at like you have two heads!!

I jest, of course, because it's a shame you feel that self-conscious about it. Even though no one will pay any mind to you being solo, you shouldn't care what a bunch of strangers (that you'll never see again) are thinking about you anyway.

Personally, I've gone solo plenty and it's quite fun -- at least during those times when people aren't calling me a "weirdo" and whispering about me to their friends and family. :lmao:
                Last edited by KISSman; 09-23-2007, 02:41 PM.

Comment

The least crowded days are Tuesdays and Wednesdays at the park! There's virtually no lines on these days during the Fall.

Going by yourself can be fun because you can go where you want!

~jon
                  *~* Premium AP that lives 15 minutes from Disneyland Resort so I basically live there! :thumbup:*~*

Comment

I've got a great solution to your problem:

DON'T go by yourself. Go with a single lady from Micechat! Any takers?

Comment

Don't worry I've been by myself during the summer break. Have fun with it.

Comment

Originally posted by idreamofjeani View Post
                        I've got a great solution to your problem:

DON'T go by yourself. Go with a single lady from Micechat! Any takers?
                        just read this...

:lol: , serious suggestion?

Comment

just meet up at the hub on single days! wed at noon! duh!

Comment

Im a single guy and have been to the park by myself 2 times...once in summer and once in september. this might sound weird, but I though I stuck out less in summer, just because it was so crowded.

Both times I had fun and didnt care if anyone cared that I was alone.

Just have a great time.

Comment

Thanks everyone for all the great suggestions, you've really helped. Micechat is really the best.
                              As nice as the other parks are, we must always remember that it all began at Disneyland. Disneyland should be the crown jewel in the Disney crown.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X