This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most Underrated And Overrated Attraction

In your opinion, what is the most underrated and most overrated attraction out of all the Disney parks in the world(put this here because there's no overall section) and explain why?
    Mine:

Underrated: Monsters Inc.
    Overrated: Mission: Space & RNRC
    Going to Disneyland this July!!!

Originally posted by TortillaChip520
    if shia labouf was watchin me all day, i'd beat his ***. at least have a good actor stalk me
    GUEST: "Excuse me, where is Toy Story Mania?"
    CM: "It's right here."
    GUEST: "No, that's Toy Story MIDWAY Mania, I'm looking for Toy Story Mania."

Re: Most Underrated And Overrated Attraction

Originally posted by jl559 View Post
    In your opinion, what is the most underrated and most overrated attraction out of all the Disney parks in the world(put this here because there's no overall section) and explain why?
    Mine:

Underrated: Monsters Inc.
    Overrated: Mission: Space & RNRC
    Why? since you didn't explain.

Comment

Well, since each person has their own points of view...I would tend to think, that generally it's going to be each to their own.

If I like a ride, you may not—and so with everyone else.

My favorites and my least favorites, I could tell you.
      sigpic

Comment

Overrated: Roger Rabbit. I think I would actually enjoy the ride if it didn't have manual spinning that is so strenuous to control. The manual spin wheel diverts attention away from the details of the attraction. I don't have a problem with spinning, but it should be controlled by the ride itself. There are plenty of times that you miss seeing details/characters because your back is to them. The reason I feel it's overrated because it can have 50 to 60 minute waits during the busy season and, IMO, it doesn't seem worth it.

Underrated: Pinocchio. I really love the visuals, atmosphere and the sounds of this attraction. Pinocchio isn't an especially interesting character, but this dark ride seems to have a little more heart to it than the others. It probably is the 'scariest' of the dark rides thematically, and the payoff of enduing the 'adventure' is that Gepetto gets Pinocchio back and Pinocchio becomes a boy. It's a nice story. I feel it's underrated because it usually has the shortest wait times of any 'ride' in the park.

Comment

Underrated : Sindbads Storybook Voyages, there is never a big line.
          Overrated : Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters, compared to what could have been built, it no better than pooh quality, in terms of sets and scenery.

Comment

Overrated: Can I pick all of Toon Town? lol It's hot, there's no shade, it's very dated, falling apart, most kids don't know who Gadget is, etc.

Underrated: The Enchanted Tiki Room - the music is classic Disney, you get to sit in air conditioning, great Dole snacks, great theming, you can sing-along, short wait in line with a show while in line!

~jon
            *~* Premium AP that lives 15 minutes from Disneyland Resort so I basically live there! :thumbup:*~*

Comment

Underrated--fantasyland dark rides. Lots of imagination and great story telling.

Overrated-- Dole Whips. I really can't stand pineapple.

Now I'm running away.....

Comment

Hmm..

Underrated... Storybook Canal boats.

Overrated... Finding Nemo Sub Voyage

Comment

Good Question....
                  Over rated - Mullholand Madness why does this attraction have fastpass?
                  Under-rated - Aladdins Storytelling Oasis...classic storytelling with your favorite characters right in front of you and you get to be in the show...close and personal!
                  You can't talk S*** unless your gonna do something about it...

Comment

Underrated: Canoes. It's simply a joy to ride in them and paddle.

Overrated: Haunted Mansion. I don't know why but I can think of other attractions that are better, while many MCers here worship HM as a godlike diety.

*runs away*

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
                    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
                    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
                    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <<LIFE, THE UNIVERSE, AND EVERYTHING>>

Comment

Although the OP referred to Disney World rides, I'm only going to refer to Disneyland rides, as this is the Disneyland forum.

Underrated
                      : Muppets 3D - funniest pre-show ever. Great attention and small details that are easy to miss--particularly if there's no queue--but they're there, just waiting to be discovered. Hilarious show.

Runner-up: Monsters Inc. - Cute dark ride that's cleverly integrated--when properly working, there's a wonderful sense of motion and franticness in the door factory room. Roz is a great example of what is to come in terms of technology.

Overrated: Peter Pan. I hate to say this, because I ADORE the ride, but in its current state (upkeep-wise) with its common wait of an hour plus--? It's simply not worth it. With a little bit of TLC though, it definitely could be worth the wait, however.

Runner-up: If we're talking about Micechat's reception to it, I'd say it's some of the rides that are now gone (I.E. the PeopleMover, although I do agree that there should be some kind of motion on the tracks), which I think are affected by a severe case of nolstalgia. However, if we're talking about current rides and in terms of the general public, I'd say Autopia. Slow, boring, and if you take the time to look at the landscaping, you get bumped by people behind you.
                      Last edited by TwilitWings; 09-23-2007, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Disneylander View Post
                        Overrated: Haunted Mansion. I don't know why but I can think of other attractions that are better, while many MCers here worship HM as a godlike diety.

*runs away*
                        That's right, you better run!!!!!

Comment

Underrated...hmmm. Definitely gotta be backstage. Can't beat green warehouses, asphalt, HVAC machinery, and lotsa containers...

Okay, while I would really love a chance to explore backstage, I'd have to say the most underrated attraction is...Thunder Mountain, I guess. I know it's popular, but its lines often seem shorter than the other big ones. Perhaps it's a matter of capacity. :shrug:

I'd say that Splash Mountain is WAY overrated. I like the ride and I make a point of riding it at least once every time I visit (AKA once every year or two), but I don't think it deserves such an outrageously long line. I can understand people wanting a little refreshment in the summer months, and it's a cute ride with a number of very fun drops and a ride photo. But honestly...not worth that long a wait.

Comment

The most underrated ride in my opinion is Mr. Toad. The scene when you go to hell and it is very hot in that part of the ride is such a great effect.
                            The most Overrated attraction I think is officially the subs. It could of been way better
                            :thumbup: I'm back MiceChat:yea:

Comment

Most Overrated: California Screamin' and all of Paradise Pier ~ it pretends to be nothing
                              other than the carnival by the fake lake. Thankfully half of the carney games have been removed ~ but the horrid theme is what brought the imagineers to an all time low.
                              That is the major PROBLEM with DCA. And there are still serious questions
                              of HOW are they going to make a 1930's Califonia work with a Toy Story Carnival ride.
                              It really looks like it will continue to be a mess of an area.

Most Underrated: HM and Pirates are certainly worthy of high praise, and conisidering
                              their longevity, and the ability for updates. Jungle Cruise is also underrated. BUT,
                              The Enchanted Tiki Room was enchanted and in REAL LIFE, LONG before we saw the enchanted castle in Beauty and the Beast in movie theaters.

Another Underrated attraction, if not the MOST underrated Is Country Bear Jamboree.
                              It is SO underrated the the previous horrendous management team of Eisner and Pressler gutted most of the Country Bears Home in Disneyland. And to guests who
                              compare it to a pizza place show, Underrate it even further. The CB Show is so
                              much more sophisticated than any show in any non Disney Park! With the surround
                              sound, the entire cast of Bear Characters, with Bears popping out everywhere, and
                              even Max Melvin, and Buff, hanging in for good measure. It certainly deserves to
                              be reinstated with updated audio animatronics, a wider variety of shows/songs even
                              from one show to the next!

The other attraction on my Underrated list is Carousel of Progress. And it is sad to
                              continue to see WDW's managements disrespect for this beloved attraction. It
                              certainly needs an update, but the hope for the future can speak just as strong to
                              today newest generation, the same way it spoke to me when I 1st saw it, and
                              I'm sure the same way It spoke to people when it premiered in the Worlds Fair in
                              the 1960's. It's not the attraction that is out of date ~ it's the Managers at WDW
                              who are out of date and don't see the future with hope.
                              Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                              An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                              Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                              Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Underrated: great moments with mister Lincoln. the fact that it has not been mentioned proves my point.

Comment

Most Overrated: To me, is the Matterhorn. The lines are usually long, but the ride itself is very jerky and bumpy and an overall uncomfortable experience.

Underrrated: The Tiki Room, for sure. Classic Disney, that is often walked right past when people are leaving Adventureland. It's great place to have a seat after being on your feet all day, be in the air conditioning, and have a cute show with great effects and a catchy song!

Comment

Overated: Peter Pan. Don't get me wrong, it's a good ride but a 40 minute wait all day isn't worth it to me. This is more evident when I find Mr. Toad, Alice and Pinocchio as entertaining for half the wait.

Underated - Storybook Canal boats. This is very true when you have a good CM giving you the tour. Relaxing and you get to watch other children really mesmerized thinking that these are the actually homes of the characters!

Chad

Comment

Underated--The Columbia and Mark Twain...Both are classics and are direct from Walt's hands. They are also great escapes from the throngs of crowds in the summer. Plus their detail is exquisite.

I also find Tower of Terror underated. This ride tells a great story and again has great detail... from the entrance lobby to the cast members who make you scream during the seat belt check. It is surprising this attraction had no wait when I was at the park in July.

Overated--Star Tours... its just past its prime. Needs some TLC.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                      Working...
                                      X