Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PHOTO UPDATE 9/22: HalloweenTime!, Gallery, Missing Mural, $20 survey, merch, +MORE

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PHOTO UPDATE 9/22: HalloweenTime!, Gallery, Missing Mural, $20 survey, merch, +MO

Thanks for those great shots, MG! I love how, on one of about three days out of the year, the Hollywood backdrop sky is completely the wrong color. Too bad they don't have a quick way to crank out a stormy sky.

Comment

Re: PHOTO UPDATE 9/22: HalloweenTime!, Gallery, Missing Mural, $20 survey, merch, +MO

MasterGracey
      Festive photos! I liked this guy ^^.

I also liked the Tower of Terror lighting effects. I've never noticed that before.
      sigpic
      Home away from Home.

Comment

Great report! Thanks.

Comment

Great pictures, can't wait to go during Halloween time next year!

Comment

Most excellent update! Wow, $20 cash for 10 minutes, very cool. I woud have thought that they would give out Disney dollars.

Comment

Thanks for the update! I really appreciate them. The TOT lighting effects are just too cool !
              <3 Chloe

Comment

While we're in the Backlot, can somebody get these movie billboards replaced?! The Santa Clause 3 ad is almost a year old!!!!! Ridiculous!!!

Maybe they are trying to say it is a "Classic" like Steamboat Willie.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterGracey View Post
                  Wonderful update as always. I love the park all decked out for Halloween, too bad I wont make it out there for another couple weeks.

I especially love the Roger Pumpkin, I am happy to see him back. He is so dreamy!

A little piece of heaven

Comment

Originally posted by 2DieFR View Post
                    I'll rely on MG and peoplemover1 to spend hours at a time in the coming weeks, staring up at the big blue wall.
                    You know we will!!!!

Originally posted by J. Thaddeus Toad View Post
                    Darn, I took an in park survey and they weren't paying anthing.
                    Yeah... I was suprised too! I have been asked before recently to do a survey and they weren't paying then. I don't know why this one was so special.

Originally posted by localdisnyfan View Post
                    Thanks for those great shots, MG! I love how, on one of about three days out of the year, the Hollywood backdrop sky is completely the wrong color. Too bad they don't have a quick way to crank out a stormy sky.
                    HAHHAAA I noticed that too! Thought it was crazy. The day was actually beautiful and at times it was overcast but it felt so good that I didn't even notice it... until I saw the picture.
                    I love how the fall weather came in just in time for HalloweenTime!

Ok... about the survey...
                    Here are my quick observations lately; I was asked to do a survey last week (they were specifically looking for females) and it was focused on the paper product sponsors like Brawny, Vanity Fair, Dixie, Zee, Northern, and the others that are present in the parks. They wanted to know if I had seen the ads/or any signs around the parks. They also wanted to know if it made me more likely to buy those products.

The survey that I did on Saturday night focused on Kodak mostly. It also asked in general if I had seen product placement in the parks for such things as Coca-Cola, Nestle, Siemens, Cheveron, Kellogg's... just to name a few. It's interesting to me that they were paying for your time on the "bigger brands" ... maybe there is more money from those sponsors helping out with the cost of doing the surveys??? That is a complete guess on my part. Oh, also the survey last week for the paper products were being conducted by non-CM's wearing paper badges, and the ones I talked with on Saturday were full CM's. hmmm?

I found it interesting that they asked such questions as
                    * "Can you imagine your life without Kodak?" (or "without Disney Theme Parks").
                    * "Do you consider Kodak to be a better product because Disney carry's this product?"
                    * "Do you think Kodak stands behind their products?"
                    * "Do you think Disney stands behind their products?"

Basically ... have I formed an oppinion based on the relationships between these products and the Disneyland Resort.

One interesting note is that they asked if I had visited Autopia or Honey I Shrunk the Audience during my visit!! of course I hadn't and I thought ... what's up with the Autopia question and YEAH....MAYBE THEY ARE GOING TO GET RID OF HISTA FINALLY!!! HAHAHA

ok... that's all I can think of at the moment about the survey.

Great report as usual MasterGracey!! Beautiful pictures!!

:wave:
                    Last edited by peoplemover1; 09-24-2007, 05:03 PM. Reason: spelling
                    I'm addicted and I don't care!!! :yea:

Comment

Originally posted by peoplemover1 View Post
                      Ok... about the survey...
                      Here are my quick observations lately; I was asked to do a survey last week (they were specifically looking for females) and it was focused on the paper product sponsors like Brawny, Vanity Fair, Dixie, Zee, Northern, and the others that are present in the parks. They wanted to know if I had seen the ads/or any signs around the parks. They also wanted to know if it made me more likely to buy those products.
                      FYI to everybody else - I was also with peoplemover1 when she got asked to do the survey regarding paper products. The survey was exclusive to FEMALE park guests and was NOT being conducted by Disney Cast Members, but by another company - most likely by Gerogia Pacific - the company who makes Brawny, Dixie, Quilted Northern, Sparkle, etc.

The survey that peoplemover1 got paid $20 for, however, was being done by Disney Cast Members.

Originally posted by peoplemover1 View Post
                      One interesting note is that they asked if I had visited Autopia or Honey I Shrunk the Audience during my visit!! of course I hadn't and I thought ... what's up with the Autopia question and YEAH....MAYBE THEY ARE GOING TO GET RID OF HISTA FINALLY!!! HAHAHA
                      I dunno, peoplemover1... Were the questions about HISTA and Autopia about their popularity? I doubt it - they can judge a ride's popularity by its turnstile count. I'm thinking the questions were regarding the corporate sponsorships at those attractions by Kodak (HISTA) and Autopia (Chevron).

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Comment

love the pictures especially the merchandise pictures!!! and i love the halloween themed cups!!!! i have 2 saved up from the 50th my family just looked at me carzy but i love it!!! i wonder if there are some for the holiday time?

Comment

thats an awsome trip report, i love all the halloween decorations
                          sigpicDISNEYROYALTY

Comment

Thanks for the great pictures.

Funny about the survey. We were at the parks Sun/Mon and must have been asked 20 times by CMs in Red shirts to answer "questions about our visit" - no offer of $$ though. Just like with the "dreams" giveaways - we were in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Comment

Originally posted by 2DieFR View Post
                              MasterGracey would have bought 6 and 2/3 churros if he got $20 from some weenie survey. )
                              ...or maybe 7 and 3/11 Dole Whips??

I did a double take when I saw the ticket booth prices. One day, one park adult admission is $66? Wasn't it $63 last I checked??

Has anyone else noticed that the AA Heimlich in the candy corn is borrowed from the BPB float of A Bug's Life that isn't used anymore? Heimlich used to poke out of the end of a sax.

After commentating very loudly how DCA isn't all that "punny," I'm surprised you didn't have any sharp disapproving remarks about the pun-riddled descriptions on the candy corn seed packets. I'm disappointed, MG.

Santa Clause 3 has got to go. Like anyone wants to be reminded of the film anyway!

The roof tiles on TSM look too much like the ticket booth tiles in the esplanade.

Halloweentime soft drinks are cute, except they still got the "Disney Parks" logo on 'em. *sigh*

I think I would pass on the DL55 merchandise. It's not anything particularly special, but some of the sweaters look very classy. (Hey, it's park-specific, right? )

Now I don't know what to think about the BLAB mural. I wouldn't have minded if it was left alone, because I thought it was impressive, detailed, and futuristic - and it matched the Star Wars mural, making the TL entranceway more "balanced."

I'll rely on MG and peoplemover1 to spend hours at a time in the coming weeks, staring up at the big blue wall.
                              He still does/

Comment

Those hooded sweatshirts look nice
                                How much did they cost?

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X