This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golden Screams - What is it?

Ok I have never been during the Halloween season, therefore I do not know what in the world Golden Screams is...So....What is it exactly????

Explain in details with pictures please!!!

All I know is that it has something to do with villains. Is Maleficent in there??
    *~*~*Prince Dalton*~*~*

Re: Golden Screams

I missed it last year, too. I hope someone can post pix from this year or last.

Comment

Saw it for the first time yesterday. Was NOT impressed at all.

It's basically an "awards show" for the best scream from a Disney villain, only they use video clips from movies (using some off-beat villains I might add). There's a cheesy emcee guy who is the host and then they end up giving an award to some kid in the audience who was in a scream contest outside before the show.

Took 30 minutes. I'd rather have sat and watched Golden Dreams to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by Olympicnut View Post
        Saw it for the first time yesterday. Was NOT impressed at all.

It's basically an "awards show" for the best scream from a Disney villain, only they use video clips from movies (using some off-beat villains I might add). There's a cheesy emcee guy who is the host and then they end up giving an award to some kid in the audience who was in a scream contest outside before the show.
        I saw it yesterday too. It was o k. Not a big must see. it was in fact cheesy!!! It was funny, the first two villians didn't get ANY screams, hahaha!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dan - Tasmic! View Post
          I saw it yesterday too. It was o k. Not a big must see. it was in fact cheesy!!! It was funny, the first two villians didn't get ANY screams, hahaha!!
          What do you mean they didn't get any screams? Do you scream at them or something?
          Code Lee-Oh-Co (Or Jessica, if you want)

Comment

But you have to watch it just to hear the host doing his hip hop rap!

Comment

Originally posted by codelyokorox View Post
              What do you mean they didn't get any screams? Do you scream at them or something?
              What I meant was you vote for your favorite villians and the first two, there was DEAD silence, lol,

Comment

Ok, the show starts off looking pretty cool with the "Night On Bald Mountain" number from Fantasmic!, after that the host comes out and introduces a short series of film clips with various Disney Villains. I have to say that with the technology available today, and the fact that these are Disney's own films some of the clips just look so bad. Some are blurry, and the one with Hades somewhat pixelated ... and some scenes are just too dark. I'm not sure if this has to do with the film being bad, or the screen not being able to show the film well.

Once the whole montage of Disney Villains is over you get to vote, by screaming, for your favorite Disney Villian. They go through the six villains and then try to decide who got the most screams (votes). It is then decided that none of the villains are worthy of the award, but that there is a new villain within the audience. That's when they call up a child from the audience to show us why the won - by screaming. Captain Hook comes out complaining that this child isn't worthy of winning the award, and then eventually he gives in ... the child takes an oath to be villain and gets a Chernabog statuette.

Comment

Re: Golden Screams - What is it?

The least they could have done was clean up the film they
                  use for this thing. The video was extremely poor quality
                  last year ~ is it any better this year?

It's difficult to believe they really thought this type of show
                  would ENHANCE DCA.
                  Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                  An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                  Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                  Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Don't worry. This show won't be long for this facility after this year. They're tearing down the theatre to make room for Voayge of The Little Mermaid.

After all, we respect the Gospel According to Ed Lutz.

Comment

Photos. check out my album for 9/21 at the link below...
                      Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

Originally posted by TikiRoomLiz View Post
                        But you have to watch it just to hear the host doing his hip hop rap!
                        hmm, I guess that answers my question (is it the same gawdawful guy who was there last year?)

haha...the day I saw GS last year, my bf and I were waiting outside (yes we had to wait an hour b/c it was actually crowded) and saw the HSM parade go by, and I thought I had just seen the worst show Disney has put on. THEN we went inside, and realized I was wrong haha.

oh yeah, speaking of "technology", did anyone have the privilege to see their DVD splash screen? LOL
                        Well, good to know the show is the same this year (with different villains) so I can avoid it. Anyone have a pic of the statuette they hand out for a prize? THAT sounds cool though.

Comment

Golden Sreams is an award show for the villans! It is very cute and you may love it!

They have improved it from last year in the fact that things are different.

The statuetee is very small. It is a small charanbrog(sp).

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X