This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first Evac (merged)

That's right. It's such a momentous occasion I had to share it on micechat.

So I'd never been evacuated from a ride before, not counting little things before the ride even starts.. Earlier in the day I was on Soarin, the upper hangars came down and we heard "Soarin to tower you are clear for takeoff" and then they popped right back up and all the house lights came on. It broke! So we got moved to the other theater.

But it wasn't a true evac. I lamented at how I was so close to getting stuck on a ride mid-ride and possibly taken off of it without them resetting it.

And then we were on Indy. Things were great, the door room worked, we went through the temple and had just run through the log full of rats and then bam we stop.. and we chug in place.. Indy's really an interesting ride to get stuck on. Your jeep just sits there going crazy and bucking like a bull anyways. And then the house lights come on. And we still sit bucking for a while. All the sounds are off and I can see all the wiring and speakers and electrical boxes and even the jeep behind us bucking around. We were there a long time and they came on with several announcements to stay seated. And then a few such as "please keep both of your feet on the ground at all times as your jeep may start automatically." woah.. heh

But then I lamented because the lights went back off, the sound effects immediately kicked in, the fog filled, the rats reappeared, our jeep flooded the ignition and we were off to the indy score again. We go 50 yards and get the darts flung at us, and stop again.. Okay it's backed up still from the stoppage. We turn the corner, go to the boulder... Uh ohhhh here it comes.... hmm boulder's coming but the wall's not moving. Lights on! The jeep keeps bucking in place and the boulder rolls its way back into a lit electrical room that I can see perfectly. And then they walk up to us and say we're getting evaced. YES!!!!!

After a while they brought the ladder, we climbed down, stood in the boulder room for a while, then walked back down to the queue area and exited. I now have 2 re-ad passes to have fun with.

Yay for my first evac =D

Re: My First Evac

I'm so jealous....still no evac for me! Congratulations on your first and sounds like a good one!
    Last edited by SummerInFL; 09-24-2007, 07:28 AM.
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

Re: My first Evac

That sounds so exciting! I've been on it when it stalled, but I don't think the lights came on.

I wish I was on it!
      Last edited by SummerInFL; 09-24-2007, 07:29 AM.
      Code Lee-Oh-Co (Or Jessica, if you want)

Comment

my cherry still intact!

Comment

LUCKY BUM! But I'm happy for you...in a jealous sort of way.
          Last edited by SummerInFL; 09-24-2007, 07:31 AM.

Comment

My first evac was on Big Thunder Mountain, we were going up the secong lift when all of a sudden, it stopped. It took about 25 minutes for them to come get us and get us off. We formed a line and walked down the left and across the tracks, and through a series of caves to the exit. We got re - ads.

Comment

I got evacuated at the same stop you did 2 weeks ago.

Heres my video i took with my camera phone to prove it!

Turn your sound up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...?v=FSqzvgoYKgY

Comment

Re: My first evac

Originally posted by Dan - Tasmic! View Post
                My first evac was on Big Thunder Mountain, we were going up the secong lift when all of a sudden, it stopped. It took about 25 minutes for them to come get us and get us off. We formed a line and walked down the left and across the tracks, and through a series of caves to the exit. We got re - ads.
                I'm sure I've been evacuated before, but the last time I remember was when I was on Splash Mountain with my Aunt and Unlce (and their daughters) we got taken out (right before the first drop, near the houses?) and got taken down the stairs and everything. It was cool because we were right under the 50th boulder-thing. And the little girl behind me kept saying how cool it was, and how she was so lucky and how it was her birthday. We got taken backstage and given fastpasses. It was neat.
                Last edited by SummerInFL; 09-24-2007, 07:30 AM.
                Code Lee-Oh-Co (Or Jessica, if you want)

Comment

Wow Almandot. We were evacuated at the same time. We were stuck right before the bridge and got to walk out the opposite way we came through. From Bug room, to bones, to Indy holdin the door to the Mara eyes room.

It's odd seeing the lights on. You are right though, the cars kept bucking and sputtering. Kinda strange both of our cherries got popped at the same time but in different rooms. LOL!
                  Last edited by SummerInFL; 09-24-2007, 07:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan - Tasmic! View Post

Same for me....although mine was right in the middle of the Gumball Rally!!!!! We lost a half an hour. With that and the 30 min line we stood in for dinner at Bengal (we should have just waited!!!), i coulda been a contender....

Comment

my first evac was on indy near the boulder. My sister in law was being unruly and managed to wiggle out of her seat belt(with great struggle may i add) and she began to walk away!!!! GOD how embarrassing she was!
                      Last edited by SummerInFL; 09-24-2007, 07:32 AM.

Comment

Schwiggidy-schweet! How fun for you. Lucky brat.
                        Last edited by SummerInFL; 09-24-2007, 07:32 AM.
                        MCDADMCA

^clicky clicky^

Comment

It is funny to me that people get excited about ride evacs. Why would anyone want that? Sadly, I am one of those people who REALLY want an evac! But why? I don't know - or I won't adimit to myself what a DisneyGeek I really am
                          "First of all I would like to make one thing perfectly clear.
                          I never explain anything." Mary Poppins
                          http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Comment

i got evacuated in the same spot. it was cool.

Comment

We got stuck on the end of... Snow White, I think.. LOL - hardly a ride to write home about getting stuck on - but I digress.

We were literally right at the very end, coming around the last corner. the exit-er lady was right there, and then we stop - literally like a couple inches short of where we would be let off the ride. The operators tell us to please stay seated - and the lights come on, and the operator walks past us, and back into the ride. Only to emerge about 5-10 minutes later with all the other guests... AND then proceeds to let us out and off the ride. We weren't angry, but kinda joked that it seemed silly that they kept us there - AT the exit, and let us off last.

Comment

It is funny to me that people get excited about ride evacs. Why would anyone want that? Sadly, I am one of those people who REALLY want an evac! But why?
                                Most people who feel that way are just excited to see how stuff works, I think. Riding a good Disneyland ride feels like you've been transported into another world, and it's fascinating to experience that world in a more realistic, hands-on way. For me, the biggest fun of an evac would be going outside the show buildings backstage. That's why I'd really like a Splash evac--there's a good likelihood of being walked through backstage and getting to see both the Splash and HM show buildings. Very cool stuff.

Comment

Awesome! I've only been evaced off of Small World... MAN did that suck... we were stuck in the middle of the show building with the music playing for 45 minutes before they decided to turn the music off!! IT was terrible.
                                  <3 Chloe

Comment

Originally posted by QuietViolet View Post
                                    Awesome! I've only been evaced off of Small World... MAN did that suck... we were stuck in the middle of the show building with the music playing for 45 minutes before they decided to turn the music off!! IT was terrible.
                                    Did they offer psychological counseling ?

Comment

Originally posted by almandot View Post
                                      .. Indy's really an interesting ride to get stuck on. Your jeep just sits there going crazy and bucking like a bull anyways. ...And we still sit bucking for a while. All the sounds are off and I can see all the wiring and speakers and electrical boxes and even the jeep behind us bucking around. ...The jeep keeps bucking in place ...
                                      Wow, that sounds bucking amazing!

Comment

Let's see...

I've been evac'ed off of:

* iasw
                                        * Roger Rabbit

I've been stuck on: iasw, Alice, Snow White

each about 20 minutes or so.... the worst... iasw, they never turned the music off, off, off, off, ....!!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X