This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanksgiving Day Buffet in the Grand Ballroom

Today is the first day to make your Priority seating arrangements for the Thanksgiving Day Buffet in the Grand Ballroom at the DL Hotel.

We have enjoyed our family T-Day meal there for the past five years, as well as the other Buffets that they offer during Mother's Day and Easter.

The T-Day event has always ranked the best of the three.

They have a mouth watering carving table, an appetizer table with ice cold crab and shrimp, and the chocolate fountain at the dessert bar is awesome!

Call Disney Dining at 714-781-DINE.

Seating is available from 2-7 pm.

They do take walk-ups if room allows, but it is HIGHLY recommended that you make PS arrangements ASAP if you would like a preferred seating time.

This event usually sells out of PS arrangements within the first week or so, so do like we did and get yours now!

Adults $67.00
    Kids (3 to 9) $16.99

A 15% gratuity plus sales tax will be added to the total amount.

As is customary, Premium AP'ers enjoy a 15% discount (YAY!!!)

See you there!!! :yea:

Re: Thanksgiving Day Buffet in the Grand Ballroom

And also for you Tomorrowland Terrace fanatics, SandBox Band will once again be performing for the T-Day weekend.

See you there!

Comment

We are joining the PirateMickey clan, so the Wolfpack will be there also. It's become tradition for us....and I don't have to cook!
      Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
      it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

A VERY nice tradition, I might add!!!

Comment

great idea wolfy!!! and If it's anything like the WDW mother's day brunch it will be delicious. I wish WDW had special events like this.

Comment

^^^^^^^

Yeah, the Mother's Day, Easter and Turkey Day events are similar.

The difference being the main course selections, salads, etc...

The other two are "Brunches", so they also have omelets to order, and some other breakfast type stuff, with a smaller section for other food.

They each have their own personality, and have all been a blast!

Oh, and the chocolate fountain has been at all of them! Mmmm good!

Comment

Thanksgiving buffets there are good...highly recommended. :thumbup:

Comment

I won't be able to join you all down there.. but you better believe I'm gunna fill up on stuffing!!

Seriously... I'm so pumped about the stuffing. And the day after turkey and crannie sammies. PirateMickey.. gold star to you for speaking of T-Day! *drool*

I hope you guys have a fantastic time! I remember Wolfy did a TR for one of the buffets (I think it was you, Wolfy!) and man.. fancy and tasty all in one place!

To live would be an awfully big adventure.

Comment

Stuffed with stuffing! That sounds yummy!

And yes, Wolfy did a great trip report on the Buffet with some mouth watering photo's of the culinary offerings.

I'm sure that she'll give a repeat performance this year as well.

Enjoy!

Comment

And there I was hoping that this was the Haunted Mansion's grand ballroom...

Comment

So, the dinner is a buffet, but it also runs for quite a few hours, correct? It's not like "Let's sit down *the whole room sits* and enjoy this feast"? How many seats are at a table? Can you reserve specific tables?

To live would be an awfully big adventure.

Comment

Seating times vary by availability.

The doors open at 2pm, with seating times up to 7pm.

The tables are set up for a minimum of 2 guests. Some are square, and some round. The square ones can be put together to make longer ones to accomodate your group.

The round ones accomodate from 4 up to about 12.

These meals are not something that you want to rush through. Plenty to eat, and no rush to eat it. We have never been asked to gulp our meals down and leave.

We avg about an hour and a half up to two hours. That includes time to walk around and check out the sights, visit with friends at other tables and say Hi to the characters.

It's a meal worth enjoying!

Comment

This sounds wonderful! Does anyone know if they have a Christmas Day Buffet in the Grand Ballroom?
                          We will be in Anaheim over Christmas and this sounds like the perfect Christmas lunch.

Comment

They used to, but they cancelled it a few years ago.

They also had a Father's Day BBQ event (which was GREAT, BTW).

I guess they didn't have enough guests to keep those going.

Enjoy!

Comment

really? I thought Christmas Day was one of the most popular days for Disneyland.

Comment

Originally posted by Stitchy-poo View Post
                                really? I thought Christmas Day was one of the most popular days for Disneyland.

For attendance yes, but this thread is about the Buffets held at the DL Hotel, specifically the T-Day one.

The last I heard, they stopped doing the Christmas Day event and the Father's Day BBQ event due to lack of guest participation.

Enjoy!

Comment

I had a PM asking me about the T-Day Buffet (they knew that we went every year), so I thought I'd bring life back to this thread.

Enjoy!

Comment

As of late last week, the Thanksgiving Day Buffet has been sold out.

In past years, they have let folks form a stand-by line in case of cancellations/no-shows.

Hope to see you there!

Enjoy!
                                    Last edited by PirateMickey; 10-23-2007, 04:41 PM.

Comment

It's hard to believe that it's already time for our T-Day trip.

Anyone else enjoying the Buffet or any of the other T-Day feasts at the Resort?

Happy Thanksgiving!

Comment

I'll be there...but you knew that!
                                        Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
                                        it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X