This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Hamand's FishMunkee626Boy Meet of DOOM TR 2007-09-23

Since there were so many cool people having birthdays this weekend, and to get the memory of the super hot Labor Day weekend trip to DL out of our head, quiltmaker and I decided to take Adam to DLR this past weekend. We were especially excited because we figured that Adam would be tall enough to ride the Matterhorn and the Go-Coaster (the "fast" rides with the shortest height requirements).

We pulled into the parking structure around 8:35 and got a good spot in the Pinocchio section. We were wondering what time the park opened but by the time we waited for a tram, trammed, exited the tram, and made our way to the giant entry line the park was open so it didn't matter.

We headed straight to the Matterhorn to see if Adam was tall enough to ride. This has been our first event ritual for about 3 months now. Happily Adam was tall enough so we got into the line and didn't have to wait very long. We waved hi to the ClinkerBelles who were 3-4 cars ahead of us and strapped in.

We weren't expecting any problems with Adam on the ride. He's only 2 1/2 but he's been a DL veteran since he was 10 days old. And we were right, no problems at all.

He just seemed a little diappointed when it was over.

After this we wandered over to TomorrowLand and went on Autopia then Buzz.

(Didn't feel like standing in line for the picture)

Then Adam and I went on the Astro Orbiter.

After the AO, we walked to ToonTown to get Adam on the Go-Coaster. Adam and Michelle are in the last car. (I was trying out the burst shot mode on the new camera for the last 4 pictures.)

We went on Roger Rabbit then decided to take the train to NOS to ride Pirates and maybe Jungle Cruise. We had a very special conducter for our trip on the train.

The only thing in NOS we had time for was Pirates. By the time we got out of the ride it was time to hoof it over to the hub for the meet.

Sam, Wolfy, the backside of TikiRoomLiz, CoheteBoy, Mousercise, Aashee, Villains Fan

Sadako and Deogge's Mom admire someone's ring.

Rixter says something intriguing to MCow1

And then the hugging started.

Interlude.

Interlude, with the Wolf Pack.

PirateMunkee's birthday flag. Villains Fan and I had a debate about whether that was a monkey skull or just a regular skull. Verdict: Dunno?

Frogberto? and his son.

And back to the hugging.

Rixter and MickeyMax.

Adam gets in a snack before lunch.

FishBulb explains to his family that, yes all these people are here for his birthday.

Someone made an executive decision to head to Rancho Del Zocalo for lunch. I suppose I could have taken pictures of the other table, but then I'd have had to get up or something.

After lunch we went on Pirates.

And off of Pirates. After Pirates Adam developed a new liking for NeverNeverLand. Watch out YoYo, he like older girls.

When we came out of Pirates I noticed that it was 5 minutes until 2. I thought the Single Riders Meet was at 2 so I mentioned this to NNL and we headed over to the Wishing Well. Sadly I was totally wrong (LB you can sig that if you want) and the meet wasn't supposed to start until 2:30. So we hung out and waited for a bit.
    NNL, quiltmaker, HayleyB

All StitchTT6 wants to do is get ready for the Def Leppard concert. All Adam wants to do is climb over her to get to the Cast Member door at the top of the steps.

Then the wait was over and we were off to DCA to check out the Candy Corn Acres decoprations.

(This may be my favorite shot of the whole day. Make the appropriate Reservoir Dogs reference.)

We met up with the rest of the Single Riders and headed to Monsters Inc.

Then the herd headed to the Cove Bar. Which is where we said goodbye. We just can't hang for an hour or so at a bar with at 2 1/2 year old. But we're ditching him off with my sister for Gay Days weekend, so there will be plenty of watering time.

I'd like to take a minute to thank all the MiceChatters who let Adam grab, grope, smack, or hug them. He's really starting to open up with MiceChatters. He apparently believes that if Mom and Dad are standing in line with a bunch of people its okay for him to just walk up and demand to be picked up.

Thanks especially to NeverNeverLand, StitchTT6, and Mary Ann In Wonderland who he really took a liking to this weekend. Thanks everyone.

Oh, and happy birthday FishBulb, PirateMunkee, Princess626, CoheteBoy, and Doom BGI.
    Follow me on Twitter: @matthamand

Re: Matt Hamand's FishMunkee626Boy Meet of DOOM TR 2007-09-23

Great TR Matt! Amazing how many names you remembered. Next time I promise to throw a bigger chip in your drink!

Good spending time with you and the family.

Chad

Comment

Yay! Adam has to get the PEZlings on the Matterhorn now! (not gonna happen)

It was great to see you folks yesterday and share the yummy crispy cinnamon chip thingies...
      How much do we have to pay to get MiceChat Old?
      :monkey: :monkey:

Comment

Originally posted by PEZZ Lightyear View Post
        Never underestimate peer pressure. Especially peer pressure from a kid 3 years younger .

Comment

Originally posted by PEZZ Lightyear View Post
          The Pezlings need to spend more time with Lil LL. Lil LL and Adam can host a ride bootcamp.

Comment

Great pictures, and it was good seeing you and your family at the park.

Comment

Awesome, mr. matt!!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Hamand View Post

Then the herd headed to the Cove Bar. Which is where we said goodbye. We just can't hang for an hour or so at a bar with at 2 1/2 year old. But we're ditching him off with my sister for Gay Days weekend, so there will be plenty of watering time.

I'd like to take a minute to thank all the MiceChatters who let Adam grab, grope, smack, or hug them.
                So....does this mean you'll finally be drinking with us at the Cove Bar?

And that last line of yours just caused me to choke on my peanut butter from laughing. Thanks a lot!:lol:

Comment

Um... I think someone forgot my no candids rule! my gosh!

Was happy to hang out with Adam! Who knew Snow White's fish could be so fascinating?

We met up with the rest of the Single Riders and headed to Monsters Inc.
                  Jonathan's watching his knees! :lmao:
                  Last edited by NeverNeverland; 09-24-2007, 10:20 PM.
                  Good morning, son
                  In twenty years from now
                  Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                  And I can tell you 'bout today
                  And how I picked you up and everything changed
                  It was pain
                  Sunny days and rain
                  I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Question: Where are all of the birthday threads for all of these birthday boys?

Question: Do I get a raincheck on spanking and pinching all of these birthday boys?:evil:

Comment

Great TR, Matt! (See my sig)

I am SO sad I couldn't be there yesterday.

I hope Adam doesn't forget me!

Comment

Well of course we let Adam grab, grope, smack and hug us!!! He's adorable!!! Now when he's about 16 if he still does it we might have something different to say about it....

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
                        all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

Great pictures Matt! Good to see you and talk to you guys yesterday! Yay for Adam on Matterhorn!!:yea:
                          Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
                          FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
                          I bring the magic!!!
                          "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
                          Originally posted by Reverend DMother
                          Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. :love: I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Buttercup View Post
                            So....does this mean you'll finally be drinking with us at the Cove Bar?
                            I'll be drinking . . . water.
                            And that last line of yours just caused me to choke on my peanut butter from laughing. Thanks a lot!:lol:
                            Jealous you didn't get an Adam grope this weekend?

Comment

S

Frogberto? and his son.
                              Yep, those photos have me in them, and that last one has the tadpole! And I didn't know that the Matterhorn accepts 2.5 year olds of a certain height - tadpole, you and I are conquering that mountain next weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by Frogberto View Post
                                Yep, those photos have me in them, and that last one has the tadpole! And I didn't know that the Matterhorn accepts 2.5 year olds of a certain height - tadpole, you and I are conquering that mountain next weekend!
                                35 inches. For Matterhorn and Go-Coaster.

Comment

Originally posted by Frogberto View Post

Awesome Froggy. Litl Aashee is dying to go on that ride, since we haven't the last 5 or 6 times. I'm sure he'd be willing to talk the tadpole into it if he's hesitant.

See you then!

Chad

Comment

Great report Nice seeing you and your family yesterday.

I'd like to take a minute to thank all the MiceChatters who let Adam grab, grope, smack, or hug them.
                                    LOL No problem.

Comment

Hey Matt! Nice to see you guys yesterday. No photos of Adam leaping into the bushes under the Partners sculpture? )
                                      Rick

Comment

wow nice and very cute picture.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X