Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour: thumbs up!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour: thumbs up!

Originally posted by themarquisde View Post
    The tour now concludes with lunch at the Guided Tour Gardens, just to the left of City Hall. We're back on the jungle cruise now too.
    :lmao: really... didn't know that. Are we talking about the actual Walk in Walt's tour of the J.C. or just riding the J.C.? While Tiki was down there was a "tentative" agreement between both parties that we would do a Jungle Tour. I say "tentative" because we really didn't want to do it and they really needed an alternate location. The agreement was that we would be hospitable hosts and do our best to make the tour work and keep it on time. When Tiki came back up they would go back to the original tour and we would be back to "business as usual". We made the tour work. In fact we made it work so well that it became extremely popular. When Tiki came back up they fought us to stay on Jungle. Thankfully we had the agreement in writing, and that was that. This was before the Jungle referb and the new explosive show sequence. After the referb it was determined that due to timing a tour boat would be impossible.

On the bright side I used a lot of the material whenever we broke down.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

We are just RIDING now, not spieling on the attraction. I like it a lot the way it's currently set up - we spiel the history and some fun facts before we board, then they ride the attraction as Walt intended the guest to experience it. That way the tour guest gets the best of both worlds.
      "Remember 'Old Yeller'? We shot the dog." - Roy E. Disney

Comment

Originally posted by themarquisde View Post
        The tour now concludes with lunch at the Guided Tour Gardens, just to the left of City Hall. We're back on the jungle cruise now too.
        not as impressive as the Disney Gallery. To bad the Gallery is gone.
        It was a nice secluded eating area plus you could check out the Gallery when done.
        Quote by Al:
        To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
        -Al Lutz

Comment

Originally posted by brassplayer View Post
          The Disneyland Tour Guides are part of the Guest Relations Department (AKA the "plaids"). Along with leading tours, Guest Relations CMs can also be assigned to City Hall, Wait Time Boards, Lost and Found, and the Disneyland Phone Room. CMs are trained for each of the positions and are rotated through them.
          Thanks for the info. Other's who don't know should like that tidbit. Phone room is new news to me though.
          Quote by Al:
          To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
          -Al Lutz

Comment

Glad you had a nice time but us Disney freaks want details! Where'd you go? Where and what did you eat? What rides did you go on? Do they still serve Walt's chili & cornbread? Come on dude, spill the beans!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
            Working...
            X