Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you like the People Mover to Return ?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Would you like the People Move to Return ?

Originally posted by GoofyDave View Post
    Shoot sorrry I said anything then. See if I ever try anything on here again, you guys are MEAN ! !

Gee wiz, thanks a lot AwesomeMan33 and Phruby. If your goal is to be rude and run all the new members off the site, you're doing a great job. If you don't like a tread, STAY OUT OF IT!

NOT COOL!

-Dusty
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
    Save

Comment

Goofy Dave...i'd love to see the PM come back at least in some form. Don't let the smart A##' get to you, we have some cantankerous veterans who sometimes forget that MC isn't their personal playground.

To some of those who pissed and moaned...being a public forum with new members joining all the time, it's pretty ridiculous to expect no subject repeats. Perhaps the logic escaped you or perhaps you didn't get a chance to kick your dog this morning so took it out on someone here instead but it seems the best solution if you are tired of a certain type/topic of a thread is no not click on and read the thread. Just a suggestion.

Comment

They must do SOMETHING. My understanding is that the PM will NEVER return the was it was due to some newer laws or something. You know, people might get hurt on a wild ride like the PM!

Comment

After all of these years, I still miss the Peoplemover. It was a great ride to hit late at night when your feet were tired And the empty track does look pretty sad.
          One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Originally posted by Mouse princess
          Of course I am worried about your mental health. I want happiness for all. Like we can all be like the Smurfs. But without Gargomel. He was mean.

Comment

Originally posted by IndianaJenn View Post
            After all of these years, I still miss the Peoplemover. It was a great ride to hit late at night when your feet were tired And the empty track does look pretty sad.

Agreed Jenn. The song was corny, the tron room was hokey as well as numerous other things. It just had a relaxing charm that added so much to Tomorrowland.

Comment

Re: Would you like the People Mover to Return ?

You're right, aashee! The Tron music was hokey, but I think that made it charming.

When I went to WDW a couple of years ago, I must have ridden their version about 10 times. I think it's called the Tomorrowland Trasit Authority ... or something like that.

Of course I am worried about your mental health. I want happiness for all. Like we can all be like the Smurfs. But without Gargomel. He was mean.

Comment

You're right, aashee! The Tron music was hokey, but I think that made it charming.

When I went to WDW a couple of years ago, I must have ridden their version about 10 times. I think it's called the Tomorrowland Trasit Authority ... or something like that.

Funny you mention that Jenn. I rode the one in WDW too and was all giddy. My daughter and Cousin looked at me strange because I was so excited about a moving box.)

The most silly thing about the Tron room was the huge electric voice saying WARNING before you got there. The people mover was like eating circus peanuts. At first you went bleh, but then realized they we good after the whole bag was gone.

Comment

It always was a good ride to relax on.

Bring it back.
                  sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

yeah it would be cool to ride it again. Tomorrowland looked good when the people mover was active and the rockets were on top of it.

Comment

For me, the Peoplemover was a major part of what I consider to be the 'Golden Age' of Tomorrowland (not be be confused with Paintgate 98). A world on the move. Such a kinetic place with the Carousel Theatre, Rocket Jets up where they should be, monorail, skyway, subs, great bands (*eh*) at Tomorrowland Terrace - it was an exciting place to be!

Then, they sank the subs, grounded the Rocket Jets (You call that a weinie?!), cut the cable on the skyway, rodded (my word, not Webster's, but you know what I mean) the People Mover ("Come ride the Rocket Rods every other Tuesday between 2PM and 6PM!") and Toy Storied Tomorrowland Terrace. One evening a few years ago, when SM was being rebuilt, I was there and thought I was in the middle of a rolling blackout. There was no reason to go there after dark. It was the Stephen Baldwin of lands.

But now, the subs are surfacing, the monorails are, er, monrailing, Tomorrowland Terrace is twinkling, the Rocket Jets... DAMN!

But the PM tracks are still there to remind us of the Dark Ages (Before the Empire, perhaps?) Something does need to be done, something that moves (so no pin trading up there) and with a nod to Steve DG.'s note about having slow-paced attactions, an updated people mover that cruises below the resort speed limit of 14MPH would be okay in my book.

Now where is that ladder - I've got to get down from this very high soap box.
                      Last edited by JJ61; 09-27-2007, 08:53 AM.
                      Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Veteran
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aashee View Post
                        Funny you mention that Jenn. I rode the one in WDW too and was all giddy. My daughter and Cousin looked at me strange because I was so excited about a moving box.)
                        The same thing happened to me. I tugged the arm of the person I was with and was chanting "Peoplemover! The Peoplemover is here!" over and over again.

Most of the time I get by in the real world without people noticing my Disney nerdiness. Sadly, this was not one of those times.

Comment

Thanks for the awesome post JJ. That soap box suits you well.:thumbup:

Comment

The same thing happened to me. I tugged the arm of the person I was with and was chanting "Peoplemover! The Peoplemover is here!" over and over again.

Most of the time I get by in the real world without people noticing my Disney nerdiness. Sadly, this was not one of those times.
                            LOL! I've doled out nerdiness much too often lately. I'm sure it helps being a girl in those situations. Drinking a beer, watching the game and scratching butts with the guys is not an ideal time to crack open the Disney Geek Reserve. :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by aashee View Post
                              Same here. Giddy is the word for my first ride on the WDW version. I love the perspective from the ride, and it's a relaxing pause in the mad dash to attractions.

Lu
                              "Not Carnegie, Vanderbilt, and Astor together could have
                              raised money enough to buy a quarter share in my little dog."

� Ernest Thompson Seton

Comment

Um...yes - totally.

Comment

We ALWAYS take a ride or two on the Tomorrowland Transit Authority when we are in Orlando. Best next thing to the PeopleMover. Would I want it to return to Disneyland? YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!
                                  Rick

Comment

I would love to see the People Mover come back :love:. It always gave Tomorrowland kind of that futuristic look and the look of motion it's sadly lacking still. No, it wasn't a thrill ride, but it sure was a great ride to just kick back on and take a small tour of Tomorrowland.

Jenn and aashee, you'e not alone, I was the same in WDW..ok, I'd never admit this publicly, but I think I actually squealed the first time I saw the TTA, and had to go on it everyday we spent at the MK.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the encouragment. The people mover is one of the things I miss from the disneyland of my childhood. Hopefully they will come up with something great SOON to replace it.

Comment

We are totally in favor of the return of the PeopleMover and would be most pleased if they brought it back WITH the cheesy muzack and all.

We remember those trips hither and thither, to and fro on the PeopleMover and long for their return.
                                        Pontifex Maximus Imperius Churroius
                                        My use of the title Churro Pope is in no way intended to mock the sacred office of the Pope. As a Catholic I hold the Papacy in the highest regards and pledge my filial obedience to the Supreme Pontiff.

Comment

I love the People Mover and want it back, but this topic really does come up a bit too much.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X