Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you like the People Mover to Return ?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Would you like the People Mover to Return ?

I have never ridden the PM in DL and would LOVE to.

It's one of my fave WDW rides, and I too squeed when I first saw it )
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

:thumbup: I have to say yes. I miss just relaxing and taking everything in.

Comment

Yes! Definitely yes!

Not just for the nostalgia factor (it was my grandmas favorite ride and we always rode it with her), but because it was a nice break in the day. Especially with kids. You could ride it over and over again and maybe feed the babies (and change diapers on it, too.:whistling )

Don't forget, rest your feet.

Greenie

"Think of a wonderful thought!"

"Any happy little thought?"

Freedom is a word I rarely use without thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by GoofyDave View Post
          I'm just wondering how many people would like to see the People Mover return ?
          Sure! I am positive it would be well received!
          sigpic

Comment

Heck I'll put in my 2 cents, I really want to see the return of People Mover, just not in the proposed Incredipods.

Comment

Count me among those who do not want to see the Peoplemover return. I'd much rather something more interesting be put up there (or somewhere else if need be).

Comment

Originally posted by GoofyDave View Post
                Thanks everyone for the encouragment. The people mover is one of the things I miss from the disneyland of my childhood. Hopefully they will come up with something great SOON to replace it.

Thanks for coming back GD. I think it's going to be tough to get the Disney execs to bring back peoplemover. But like anything else, if there is enough buzz created, it could come to fruition. Throw enough pennies into the well maybe one day a granted wish will come out of it.

Chad

Comment

Originally posted by aashee View Post
                  Thanks for coming back GD. I think it's going to be tough to get the Disney execs to bring back peoplemover. But like anything else, if there is enough buzz created, it could come to fruition. Throw enough pennies into the well maybe one day a granted wish will come out of it.

Chad

I guess that's why this thread keeps coming back...so many of us have the thought in the back of our heads that as long as we don't forget about it and keep the subject alive there's a chance Disney Execs will do something with those tracks!

PS: Aashee - Nice meeting you and your great kids Sunday, thanks for the birthday wishes. I told you the Angel's would clinch it Sunday! Too bad home field advantage isn't looking too likely at this point

Comment

Originally posted by KISSman View Post
                    I love the People Mover and want it back, but this topic really does come up a bit too much.
                    I don't think it comes up too much, at all. The fact that there's almost always a PM thread, shows that the ride is still VERY popular, and greatly missed.

I, for one, would love for the PM to come back. BUT, with new music and narration. I'm just not too sure how guests would react if they heard a spiel about Captain EO. Actually, I'd love to see their reactions. :lol: Regardless, I miss the PM (among other things) terribly. I await it's return.

And NO Incredipods or Meet the Robinsons hokey gimmics, please!! (I love both movies, but they do not belong on the PM track, IMO)

Comment

Originally posted by JulieMouse View Post
                      I guess that's why this thread keeps coming back...so many of us have the thought in the back of our heads that as long as we don't forget about it and keep the subject alive there's a chance Disney Execs will do something with those tracks!

PS: Aashee - Nice meeting you and your great kids Sunday, thanks for the birthday wishes. I told you the Angel's would clinch it Sunday! Too bad home field advantage isn't looking too likely at this point

Thanks Julie,

Good call on the Angels. Looks like game one at Fenway.

Angels win the first round or an announcement the Peoplemover is coming back. Hmmm, decisions decisions.

Comment

More than anything else in the world, yes! I was in high school when they removed it. All the times I rode it in my childhood, I took it for granted. I always thought it would be there, like the SkyWay. Now, sometimes, Tomorrowland just doesn't feel like Tomorrowland since those are both gone (well, and a lot of others). Although, I think probably everyone feels that same way...... (i still curse that 1998 change.....) :rant:

Comment

I wouldn't mind.

Comment

I think it's going to be tough to get the Disney execs to bring back peoplemover.
                            I don't think it is going to be a tough sell at all. At this point it looks very likely that we will get some form of a People Mover back.

We've seen people walking the tracks, John Lasseter is involved in the concepts, The top Imagineers want something back up on those tracks, and almost all agree that Tomorrowland needs more capacity and a better over-all theme.

I suspect that we'll see a return to a retro-future look for Tomorrowland and an announcement about many of these changes very soon.
                            MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
                            Save

Comment

Originally posted by Dustysage View Post
                              I don't think it is going to be a tough sell at all. At this point it looks very likely that we will get some form of a People Mover back.

We've seen people walking the tracks, John Lasseter is involved in the concepts, The top Imagineers want something back up on those tracks, and almost all agree that Tomorrowland needs more capacity and a better over-all theme.

I suspect that we'll see a return to a retro-future look for Tomorrowland and an announcement about many of these changes very soon.

I sure hope you are right Dusty. John Lasseter has been a breath of fresh air after the last few regimes. The peoplemover and the possibilty of another E-ticket mentioned in a past Al Lutz would be just what the doctor ordered in bringing Tomorrowland to what it was back in our childhood.

Good post Dusty, and thanks for getting this thread back on track! Lord knows I've derailed a few in my short time here.

Chad

Comment

People walk the tracks for numerous reasons, not always connected to bringing the ride back. Heck they were filming for the opening of Finding Nemo up there because it had a great view.

I would guess that Lasseter's pull at Disney is going to be weakened by the lukewarm reception that Finding Nemo has gotten. That combined with the huge cost of reopening the Subs. I'm sure there are a lot of suits at Disney who are seriously evaluating the cost/return numbers on that one.

I've said it once and I will say it again, the only way any attraction will return to that track is if it has a cartoon character overlay, or is a thrill ride. Considering it would be far more cheaper to bolt a coaster track to the already existing structure than to fashion 50+ fiberglass cars, it's safe to say that the ancient PeopleMover experience is pretty much dead.

I also seriously doubt any announcement will be coming anytime soon. There are a lot more things on their plate and the PeopleMover Tracks is a long off distant project that will probably take a decade or so to complete.

Comment

Originally posted by MrLiver View Post
                                  People walk the tracks for numerous reasons, not always connected to bringing the ride back. Heck they were filming for the opening of Finding Nemo up there because it had a great view.

I would guess that Lasseter's pull at Disney is going to be weakened by the lukewarm reception that Finding Nemo has gotten. That combined with the huge cost of reopening the Subs. I'm sure there are a lot of suits at Disney who are seriously evaluating the cost/return numbers on that one.

I've said it once and I will say it again, the only way any attraction will return to that track is if it has a cartoon character overlay, or is a thrill ride. Considering it would be far more cheaper to bolt a coaster track to the already existing structure than to fashion 50+ fiberglass cars, it's safe to say that the ancient PeopleMover experience is pretty much dead.

I also seriously doubt any announcement will be coming anytime soon. There are a lot more things on their plate and the PeopleMover Tracks is a long off distant project that will probably take a decade or so to complete.
                                  A couple of things:

Bolting a roller coaster on those tracks is the wrong move. The joy of Disneyland roller coasters is the theme and the mystery they provide. Example: You see nothing of space mountain before you get on the attraction. You see an occasional bobsled come by with screaming people. Thunder Mountain dashes by but you don't see a whole lot of the ride especially the animals inside.

Then come the rocket rods. Not very fast. No dips at all. And for the most part, you see the entire ride from the grounds of Tomorrowland. Honestly the only thrill I got was the mirror effect in the first room. After the first 20 seconds it was a snoozefest.

Now if they put a roller coaster as you mention why would it cost so much less than a people mover. I know the PM had plenty more cars but with a roller coaster the would have to do major improvements to the size and shape of the track. If they keep the same track with a high speed attraction, it won't interest me much at all.

Now I do agree with you on the tying it to a movie. Much like the subs if Disney plans on investing upwards of 50 million to put something there, they better make a good chunk of it back on merchandise. Even though disney refuses to focus on ride merchandise, I don't think peoplemover sweaters will be disappearing off the shelves for a long period of time.

Either way, good discussion. If us Disney geeks want activity in Tomorrowland, talking about it can't hurt.

Chad

Comment

Oh man, I would love for the people mover to come back. I loved riding it, and funny as it may sound...I miss even the tron area. Never saw the movie tron but that part always was pretty cool to me.

Viva La People Mover.
                                    Katie :yea:
                                    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
                                    :sc: FIGHT ON!!!!!!

Comment

I would love for the Peoplemover to return. The Peoplemover, the Skyway, and the Rocket Jets all should never have gone away in the first place.

Comment

I don't think it is going to be a tough sell at all. At this point it looks very likely that we will get some form of a People Mover back...
                                        Well since you can personally guarantee the Walt Disney company a minimum of 200 (estimate) weekly riders on Sunday afternoons, (at 12:30ish) you should get the petition going, lol.

Comment

...Now I do agree with you on the tying it to a movie. Much like the subs if Disney plans on investing upwards of 50 million to put something there, they better make a good chunk of it back on merchandise. Even though disney refuses to focus on ride merchandise, I don't think peoplemover sweaters will be disappearing off the shelves for a long period of time....
                                          Chad - by the looks of things on this thread, peoplemover sweaters would be hot ticket items.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X