Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you like the People Mover to Return ?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Would you like the People Mover to Return ?

What is up with you people and the People Mover. I say Rocket Rods, or give the track the Vegas treatment and blow the damn thing up!
    Dave

Comment

Originally posted by bigwavedave View Post
      What is up with you people and the People Mover. I say Rocket Rods, or give the track the Vegas treatment and blow the damn thing up!

If it's rocket rods or blow up, can I detonate the TNT?

Comment

I never got to ride the people mover....it left a month or so before my first visit :cfrown:

I would personally be happy with any kind of moving vehicle thy put on the people mover tracks.

Comment

Here's waht I see: use the track as expanded track area for Space Mountain, having your rockets return to earth over Tomorrowland, combining rocket-rod/test-track technology with a roller coaster, and the rocket can slow down near the end so guests can see tomorrowland from teh same perspective as the people mover at a moderate (but not as slow) speed.

Comment

Anything but a leisurely scenic tour of Tomorrowland would be a waste of those tracks, and the path it takes. I say tear down the visible track and be done with it, unless a suitable attraction is engineered that complements the PM route, and stays true to original intent.

Comment

I'd prefer the latter if that was the two options. Tomorrowland does not need another low capacity ride. Besides, it won't be Rocket Rods because we are getting a Test Track anyways in DCA. Rocket Rods WAS supposed to be our Test Track type ride. Now we'll have another so I'm guessing a PeopleMover type ride. And what is up with us? It's our opinion and entitled to them. I can't believe you actually want the Rocket Rods when it was one of the worst attractions (reliability, how people liked it, capacity, maitenance, etc.) ever made at Disneyland.
              -Jack :geek:
              Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Comment

aashee thanks very debating me somewhat on my opposing bringing back the people mover. Now this my question; Why would it not be better to bring back the fun fast moving Rocket Rods instead of the slow moving People Mover?
                With just a few changes they could make the ride work the way it should have.
                Dave

Comment

Hollywood1939 you make a good point, but ... well no real good come back. Fine if they do bring back the People Mover, I think it should maybe look something like the people mover on the Incrediables, or something that gives a look of future travel, and while they are at it return the rockets to the top of the people mover.
                  Dave

Comment

Rocket Rods was one of the worst ideas ever to come out of TDA. (IMO of course) Even if it came out exactly the way they wanted originally, I think it still would have been a flop.

PM was great because it was a way to just unwind and rest of a few minutes while being on a ride at the same time. So I'm not the kind of guy who looks back. But with the PM I'll make an exception. Bring it back or tear down the track. But DO SOMETHING.

Comment

aashee thanks very debating me somewhat on my opposing bringing back the people mover. Now this my question; Why would it not be better to bring back the fun fast moving Rocket Rods instead of the slow moving People Mover?
                      With just a few changes they could make the ride work the way it should have.

Tomorrowland need a ride that gets people on the ride. Look at the current crop. Sub, low capacity - Space Mountain - low capacity, Buzz - good capacity - Innoventions - could pack in bodies but no one cares - Star tours - medium capacity, needs refurb bad.

The rocket rods not only didn't fit many people on the tracks, it also broke down probably on average 3 hours a day. So people waited for 2 hours in line and had about a 20% chance it would break down before they got on. Add to that the fact it wasn't thrilling at all.

In another thread I mentioned they need to completely change the track if they want it to be exciting. Tomorrowland needs motion, peoplemover provides that. Every new attraction doesn't need to be an E ticket. I'll be happy with the plain old C Ticket peoplemover. Us old people just want to get off our feet sometimes.

Comment

How would you make the People Mover Relavent to today's park goer? The only reason ROCKET RODS didn't work was the nean counters got in the way.
                        Last edited by bigwavedave; 10-03-2007, 04:13 PM.
                        Dave

Comment

How would you make the People Mover Relavent to today's park goer?
                          The same way WDW makes it relavent. They don't have to do anything. It's a high capacity ride that will take bodies out of the walkways.

Comment

How would you make the People Mover Relavent to today's park goer? The only reason ROCKET RODS didn't work was the nean counters got in the way.

You are assuming was too much. And that's only if you consider Finding Nemo relevant to Tomorrowland.

Comment

The submarine is relavant to todays audience, BECAUSE people love the pixar flicks. and most love the ride because it gives the feeling of being in a real underwater submarine. Todays audience are looking for something new, and the old people mover means alot to many fans, but most attendies would find it very 1950's.
                              If the do bring it back, they are going to need to kick it up a bit.
                              I KNOW THIS IS OFF THE SUBJECT, BUT WHAT IS THE GUMBALL RALLY ALL ABOUT?
                              Dave

Comment

The submarine is relavant to todays audience, BECAUSE people love the pixar flicks. and most love the ride because it gives the feeling of being in a real underwater submarine. Todays audience are looking for something new, and the old people mover means alot to many fans, but most attendies would find it very 1950's.
                                If the do bring it back, they are going to need to kick it up a bit.
                                I KNOW THIS IS OFF THE SUBJECT, BUT WHAT IS THE GUMBALL RALLY ALL ABOUT?

So as long as people love Pixar it doesn't matter where you put the ride? I'm not a hard line theme kinda guy, in fact I'm glad the Subs are back but where you put a ride has to matter to you a little. If it doesn't then build a huge Goliath type roller coater in NOS, have it go over frontierland and exit at the back of small world.

Comment

Originally posted by aashee View Post
                                  So as long as people love Pixar it doesn't matter where you put the ride? I'm not a hard line theme kinda guy, in fact I'm glad the Subs are back but where you put a ride has to matter to you a little. If it doesn't then build a huge Goliath type roller coater in NOS, have it go over frontierland and exit at the back of small world.
                                  Your unholy love of Splash Mountain (and a possible Elizabeth Swann AA in POTC) has already made it clear to all that you are not to be mistaken for a 'hard line theme kinda guy', no further testimony from you regarding this sad state of affairs is necessary.

Comment

I would enjoy the PM, but possibly in a different incarnation. I realize a lot of individuals have a sentimental attachment to them but I am not sure how big of a "hit" they would be with today's audience. I would really enjoy a combination of old and new, with updated effects, music, and ride vehicles, but with the relaxing feeling, speed, and charm that we all miss.
                                    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

Hollywood1939 you make a good point, but ... well no real good come back. Fine if they do bring back the People Mover, I think it should maybe look something like the people mover on the Incrediables, or something that gives a look of future travel, and while they are at it return the rockets to the top of the people mover.
                                      No good comeback? :lmao: Umm, PM is a high capacity attraction with minimal down time, Rocket Rods was the exact opposite. PM could rival ride capacities of Buzz and/or Haunted Mansion meaning really small wait times. With Rocket Rods you will have the ride capacity of a little more than the Fantasyland rides with the line of Space Mountain. On top of that, the track can't take the pressure that Rocket Rods gave to the track, one of the reasons why it closed. What good reason do you have that you would want Rocket Rod's back? What good would it do for guests? There is a reason why it lasted 2 years.

Comment

Before I go on I have to say I love politics, Disneyland, and debates and this for me has been blast to go back and forth on this issue. I hope I haven't affended anyone too much.
                                        I see your point about putting ride in their correct area, and that isone of the many things I love about DLR. I think the Subamrine is what makes the Submarine ride relevant to Tommorowland, and I will agree the Nemo part could go either way Fantasyland or Tommorowland.
                                        Back to the point of the people mover which if it does return it needs to be improved by adding updated version of the Tron segment, the cars need to either move alittle faster and/or be updated somehow.
                                        So I am moving toward bringing back the ride, but in a much improved manner.
                                        Last edited by bigwavedave; 10-03-2007, 05:09 PM.
                                        Dave

Comment

• Re: Would you like the People Mover to Return ?

bigwavedave, it has to change, it has to at least be enclosed. Disney saw to that the minute Rocket Rods was put in.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X