Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you like the People Mover to Return ?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crazycoasterider
    replied
    Re: Would you like the People Mover to Return ?

They're not really golf carts. They're little blue carts and my guess is that they attach to the guide rail in the center of the track which was left from the rocket rods.

Leave a comment:

• monotonehell
    replied

Originally posted by crazycoasterider View Post
    ...and at times i have seen people cruising the track in golf carts and inspecting the track...
    Do you mean golf carts ON the track or do you mean on the ground inspecting it?

Leave a comment:

• aashee
    replied

Originally posted by crazycoasterider View Post
    Great News! I recently went to Disneyland and noticed that the tree that had overgrown the people mover track next to Inoventions has recently been trimmed more than usual so as to allow access through that section of the track. Also, the bar that was installed for the rocket rods which had rusted from being left out for many year is being repainted, and at times i have seen people cruising the track in golf carts and inspecting as the track. This might mean that a NEW ride is in the works in Tomorrowland

We can only hope. Thanks for the update and Welcome to MiceChat.

Leave a comment:

• crazycoasterider
    replied

Great News! I recently went to Disneyland and noticed that the tree that had overgrown the people mover track next to Inoventions has recently been trimmed more than usual so as to allow access through that section of the track. Also, the bar that was installed for the rocket rods which had rusted from being left out for many year is being repainted, and at times i have seen people cruising the track in golf carts and inspecting the track. This might mean that a NEW ride is in the works in Tomorrowland
    Last edited by crazycoasterider; 12-07-2007, 10:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• aashee
    replied

Originally posted by Koutesu View Post
    The original design was just right so a full grown adult or teenager could put their feet up on the opposite facing seat.

Ah, the good old days. I'd like to see how I fit in it now being more moose-like.

Leave a comment:

• Koutesu
    replied

Originally posted by aashee View Post
    I don't remember hearing many complains about the peoplemover's size. I'd imagine more people complain about the subs because you are trapped inside with no fresh air. We'll see how they have to construct the new vehicles. If they are completely enclosed then there will be complants for sure.

Again, as long as something is there I'm fine. OK Don't hold that to me. If it's Chicken Little's people mover I'll be disturbed.

Chad
    The original design was just right so a full grown adult or teenager could put their feet up on the opposite facing seat.

Leave a comment:

• aashee
    replied

Originally posted by bigwavedave View Post
    returnin of the People will need to be updated. Just look how many people are whining about how small and cramped the subs are. I think making the new Pods look like or something similiar to the pods in the Incredible's. I also think were Tron was they Should put a computerized view of a future City.
    I don't remember hearing many complains about the peoplemover's size. I'd imagine more people complain about the subs because you are trapped inside with no fresh air. We'll see how they have to construct the new vehicles. If they are completely enclosed then there will be complants for sure.

Again, as long as something is there I'm fine. OK Don't hold that to me. If it's Chicken Little's people mover I'll be disturbed.

Chad

Leave a comment:

• bigwavedave
    replied

returnin of the People will need to be updated. Just look how many people are whining about how small and cramped the subs are. I think making the new Pods look like or something similiar to the pods in the Incredible's. I also think were Tron was they Should put a computerized view of a future City.

Leave a comment:

• RenMan
    replied

Originally posted by Retrocool View Post
    Probably the most awesome and comprehensive PeopleMover video you'll find:
    Interesting that the person who edited this tribute cut off the first part right when it got to mentioning the Rocket Rods!

)

Leave a comment:

• Koutesu
    replied

Originally posted by bigwavedave View Post
    Yah, but the old Pods won't generate alot of excitement. But some thing like those Pods in the Incredibles "with out the Incredibles" would fit the bill.
    I also think putting Nurv Turner on the tracks would help . At least us Chargers fans! Kidding!!! (MAYBE)

I get excited seeing the old pods. I keep trying to visualize the Incredipods and everytime, they're either small and seat one or two people because they have to be scaled down a lot, or lopsided since the track isn't centered. And then I see a long line if they use the center rail since they would have to stop at the station.

Leave a comment:

• aashee
    replied

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    And one Disney Dork.

Mr. Aaron would disagree. He says there are plenty!

Leave a comment:

• DisneyIPresume
    replied

Originally posted by aashee View Post
    Welcome to MiceChat. Home to almost 20,000 bona fide Disney Geeks!
    And one Disney Dork.

Leave a comment:

• Retrocool
    replied

Probably the most awesome and comprehensive PeopleMover video you'll find:

http://www.google.com/videoplay\?doc...s=""> </embed>

Leave a comment:

• The Disneylander
    replied

I agree. TL w/o the PM is almost unacceptable. I only accept it because I have to.

Leave a comment:

• aashee
    replied

Originally posted by archeron View Post
    I realize I am bit late to this dance, but I would LOVE to see the PM come back. I am a bona fide Disney geek though, and YMMV. One of my favorite visuals was entering Tomorrowland and seeing the frenetic activity, which included my beloved PM vehicles in constant motion overhead.

My wife still heckles me for spending most of an evening relaxing and going on it repeatedly!

So count me in as an emphatic yes. I have also enjoyed reading everyone's opinion on the matter. It' s nice to know that there are some others that remember it fondly!

Welcome to MiceChat. Home to almost 20,000 bona fide Disney Geeks!

Leave a comment:

• archeron
    replied

I realize I am bit late to this dance, but I would LOVE to see the PM come back. I am a bona fide Disney geek though, and YMMV. One of my favorite visuals was entering Tomorrowland and seeing the frenetic activity, which included my beloved PM vehicles in constant motion overhead.

My wife still heckles me for spending most of an evening relaxing and going on it repeatedly!

So count me in as an emphatic yes. I have also enjoyed reading everyone's opinion on the matter. It' s nice to know that there are some others that remember it fondly!

Leave a comment:

• bloodnswash
    replied

Originally posted by GoofyDave View Post
    I'm just wondering how many people would like to see the People Mover return ?
    Me me me!!! Absolutely would love to have them back.

Leave a comment:

• llama5492
    replied

I want it to return.

Leave a comment:

• bigwavedave
    replied

Funny!!!

Leave a comment:

• bigwavedave
    replied

Yah, but the old Pods won't generate alot of excitement. But some thing like those Pods in the Incredibles "with out the Incredibles" would fit the bill.
    I also think putting Nurv Turner on the tracks would help . At least us Chargers fans! Kidding!!! (MAYBE)

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X