This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: This is for people who HAVEN"T won a 'dream'

I'm an AP so I mean I don't really care ultimately about the promotion, but I would love to get a pair of the Dream Ears. What makes me jealous/envious/angry (okay, let's just say upset, there are too many interchangable adjectives there) is that there are people who have gotten three, four, or five pairs of the ears. I know they just have good timing when it comes to the Dream Squad, and so like I said I can justify why it shouldn't bother me, but still....I want a pair of those freakin' ears!!!!
    dreams. come. true.

Comment

Since I've only been twice since the campaign started, I also have not won anything. But I'm really okay with it and it didn't detract from my experience at Disneyland. Plus I think those ears are ugly and I wouldn't have taken them.

However, if I had an AP, I'd be even less upset. Since that would mean I could go when I want, ride the rides I want, whenever I want and that would then defeat the purpose of the dream fastpass.

Comment

If you really want Dream Ears you can probably buy some on EBay.
        See you on Bats Day !

Comment

Originally posted by Dustysage View Post
          I'm sure that Disney isn't discriminating against us, but it does seem strange when I see the same people winning over and over again and we never do.

Yeah, because locals "in the know" about the promotion stalk the dream team and it makes it not fair for the rest of us!!! People are just greedy! I would've been happy with anything I had the chance to win but got nothing... instead, I resorted to eBay for what I really wanted - the dream ears! I could've tried to do the postcard mail in thing - but I figured that was spending stupid money - like playing the lottery - so I sought out EXACTLY what I wanted - and in a sense, paid for someone elses parking fees for the day (or perhaps paid them to stalk the dream team!).
          :smart: :music: :vogue: :razz: :wave:

Comment

Originally posted by PleaseRemainSeated View Post
            This frustrates me.

If Dream Team members do favor families, and they might, this makes absolute perfect sense to me. Families ARE less likely to be frequent visitors and Disneyland IS aimed at families and children. Say all you want about the stupidity of people who don't understand what to do with prizes, but a family with children is probably more likely to be genuinely surprised and excited by getting something special than a solitary guest who is almost certainly a frequent visitor (or, dare I say, someone who'd come on Micechat afterwards and complain that they didn't get the 'good prize'?) You mentioned specifically that you don't want just ANY prize, as some of them don't interest you - so simply winning something wouldn't be enough.

Someone who visits Disneyland often, as you say you do, has more chances to experience attractions (the point of Dream fastpasses) - how can you begrudge someone who may only have one chance to ride that attraction or see that show, just because you think they were favored as a family?

People winning multiple times is pure chance and getting envious of that is a waste of energy.

"especially those of us who've known about this promotion since before it began."

That statement just really, really frustrates me. What right have you to be resentful or angry? Nobody cares how long you've known about the promotion. It may make you more jealous, but that is,with all due respect, your problem. You don't somehow deserve to win more than someone who has no clue about YOAMD. What do you expect? "Dear Disney Company - enclosed is a copy of information I located regarding your new campaign. The date stamp on the file will clearly show that I was aware of your campaign before it began and am therefore eligible for your early-bird prize. Please send my prize to the enclosed address, yours, etc."

Forgive me for being obnoxious. I just can't abide the idea of a post being made on Micechat that is, honestly, just so many sour grapes, and having it treated as anything else. I'm sorry you haven't won a prize if you would like one and I hope that you may in the future. But you have no excuse for being angry. Jealous, I grant, as that's hard to avoid when you want something you can't get. Angry, no, resentful, no.
            I can't even go to Disneyland at all in the next half-year or longer - and I really, really want to go. So complaints along the lines of "I go to Disneyland every week but I haven't won a prize, so I'm unhappy." really, really rub me the wrong way.

The next time you get really frustrated, loan me your AP and I'll go and not win anything in your place. It'll be tough, but somehow I'll handle the disappointment.

You're missing the OP's point... it is not about sour grapes... it is about the RANDOM CHANCE OF WINNING that is supposed to be happening over those that PURPOSELY SEEK OUT THE DREAM SQUAD over and over and over again!

The way the 35th anniversary prizes were handled was much more effective and gave EVERYONE the chance to win - essentially not just those with the time to spend stalking CMs!
            :smart: :music: :vogue: :razz: :wave:

Comment

Originally posted by Foolish Mortal View Post
              I want those ears too. I think the park should sell them. That'd be neat.
              Code Lee-Oh-Co (Or Jessica, if you want)

Comment

Originally posted by Dustysage View Post
                Fishbulb and I have been to the parks over a hundred times (WDW and DL) since the Years of a million+ Dreams started. We've never won anything. But we have lots of friends with families (good looking people with kids) who have won multiple times.

I'm sure that Disney isn't discriminating against us, but it does seem strange when I see the same people winning over and over again and we never do.

Overall, I think the Year of a Million Dreams is a poor campaign - hard for guests to understand and just increases the level of inequality at the parks. With special treatment for people with Fastpass, People with Dreams, People with tour guides, Disneyland is becoming increasingly less equal for all. At least that is the way they are making it seem for the thousands of people who come to the parks every day who don't know how to work the system or who don't win a dream.
                Sadoko detailed a "how I won my Dream prize" thread, anyone who wants to try it, might want to look for it.

Comment

Don't sweat the small stuff - your time will come
                  "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

I've not won a thing either, unless you consider the daily hand-stamp a prize.
                    I'm right there with you, but mine is a draw, I am usually with friends and family, about 75/25% of the time.

Funny thing is, I've not seen anyone win anything either.
                    sigpic

Comment

I've never won either. Although I too, either go with a small group of two or three and never during the morning.

Maybe the "Dream" gods will look down on me and bestow my family some dream fast passes or Mickey ears when I go for my niece's birthday in a couple of weeks! :beg:
                      http://twitter.com/DisneyBrat
                      www.foursquare.com/user/disneybrat
                      http://www.facebook.com/Melissa.M.Solorzano

Comment

Not the same. Doesn't have the special-ness of having them given to you.
                        dreams. come. true.

Comment

When my friend and I won our passes it was about 8:30 in the morning when we were coming off of POTC.

Comment

It's not a poorly-explained promotion, it's a poorly-designed promotion. It's a poor concept altogether.

The YOAMD is a nice concept in the rhetorical, but becomes increasingly impractical and downright stupid, especially when it's given credit for things it obviously did not cause such as attendance numbers or the opening of new attractions.

Ticket prices just went up again, and IMO the money going towards YOAMD frilly stuff could be much better spent creating a better experience for EVERYONE, not just a few lucky (repeat) winners.

-- PMM

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

Comment

I have turned down a dream fastpass when I was by myself and knew I had to leave 1/2 hr from the time I would have taken it. I don't know if there is an order to where they are on any given day, but I think Sadako had it figured out at one point. For the dream fastpasses, in my experience it was simply being there earlier in the day and being in that particular area of the park. This may explain why Dusty and Fishbulb haven't received one yet. (As the majority of the time they spend a good chunk of time around noon at the hub.) I have a feeling that most of them are gone by 10 AM in order to give the guests a chance to use them all. I think they also intentionally target areas that are not crowded in order to avoid running out too quickly. There was no explanation given as to what they were or what they would be used for as the person handing them out was trying to give them to as many people as possible in that area. (That particular morning was between the Golden Horseshoe and Pirates.)

Same for the ears. I turned them down as I knew they weren't really my thing :blush: but I just happened to be walking, again in the morning, where they were being handed out.

Comment

Our time to go is always in the morning and are gone just after lunch, which is why I'm surprised that we've never been approached.

Comment

I haven't won anything, but I'm prepared to run if someone comes up to me and says "Time Share"

Comment

hhahhaha that would make ME the foolish mortal now wouldn't it?

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                                    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                                    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Honestly, I don't get MAD when I see someone else with a dream prize. Maybe a little jealous but I really do get a feeling of excitement for the person who won it. Good for them that they were in the right spot at the right time. If I win, I wouldn't want someone to look at me funny because I won and they didn't. I probably would want to wear it proudly too. You are lucky if you win because it's such a draw. Besides, not everyone can win. I think it's a very special thing that Disney is doing and I love it! I do hope that we win something when we go next month!

Comment

Originally posted by PleaseRemainSeated View Post
                                        This frustrates me.

If Dream Team members do favor families, and they might, this makes absolute perfect sense to me. Families ARE less likely to be frequent visitors and Disneyland IS aimed at families and children. Say all you want about the stupidity of people who don't understand what to do with prizes, but a family with children is probably more likely to be genuinely surprised and excited by getting something special than a solitary guest who is almost certainly a frequent visitor (or, dare I say, someone who'd come on Micechat afterwards and complain that they didn't get the 'good prize'?) You mentioned specifically that you don't want just ANY prize, as some of them don't interest you - so simply winning something wouldn't be enough.

Someone who visits Disneyland often, as you say you do, has more chances to experience attractions (the point of Dream fastpasses) - how can you begrudge someone who may only have one chance to ride that attraction or see that show, just because you think they were favored as a family?

People winning multiple times is pure chance and getting envious of that is a waste of energy.

"especially those of us who've known about this promotion since before it began."

That statement just really, really frustrates me. What right have you to be resentful or angry? Nobody cares how long you've known about the promotion. It may make you more jealous, but that is,with all due respect, your problem. You don't somehow deserve to win more than someone who has no clue about YOAMD. What do you expect? "Dear Disney Company - enclosed is a copy of information I located regarding your new campaign. The date stamp on the file will clearly show that I was aware of your campaign before it began and am therefore eligible for your early-bird prize. Please send my prize to the enclosed address, yours, etc."

Forgive me for being obnoxious. I just can't abide the idea of a post being made on Micechat that is, honestly, just so many sour grapes, and having it treated as anything else. I'm sorry you haven't won a prize if you would like one and I hope that you may in the future. But you have no excuse for being angry. Jealous, I grant, as that's hard to avoid when you want something you can't get. Angry, no, resentful, no.
                                        I can't even go to Disneyland at all in the next half-year or longer - and I really, really want to go. So complaints along the lines of "I go to Disneyland every week but I haven't won a prize, so I'm unhappy." really, really rub me the wrong way.

The next time you get really frustrated, loan me your AP and I'll go and not win anything in your place. It'll be tough, but somehow I'll handle the disappointment.

"Thanks for that, I'll log that away."

Now, to re-iterate what I said in my first post (so it doesn't "frustrate" you), this promotion is like a Willy Wonka type of thing. If you've seen the original movie, Charlie Buckett says to his mother, "I want it more than anyone", referring to the Golden Tickets. She says, "...There are 5 billion people in this world and only five will get Golden Tickets." I feel like Charlie Buckett sometimes, I want it, I may not want it "more than anyone," but it would be nice. Yes, I do get a little jealous when I see families with their lanyards of fastpasses and people with ears. And yeah, I'd be a little angry if I saw someone win a night in the Penthouse, because that's a big one. And if it frustrates you when you read that, then don't read it, because, with all due respect, why the hell should I care? Of course I want the fastpasses, but it would be nice to win something. THAT's the point of this thread, to share with others who haven't won anything either so that we can express our "frustrations" with not being one of the millions of others who have won something.

...getting envious of that is a waste of energy
                                        And it's my energy to waste. Who are you to tell me what I should and shouldn't feel?

I'm not desperate to win something, but it would be nice, whether I know about the promotion or not.

Oh, and if they do favor families, then that DOESN'T make any sense, because EVERYone is supposed to be eligible for the Million Dreams as stated in the official rules (Except for Canada residents who have to answer a mathematical questions to win). No where on the official rules does it say, you must be accompanied by a family of 4 or more to be considered.

I'd have to be crazy to loan anyone my AP, get your own.

Comment

Yeah, I'll admit it does frustrate me a little, since it DOES seem that the nuclear families seem to get them more often, and my family (me, my mom, younger brother) have been to the park a decent amount of times since the promotion started, and nothing. Then again, there's a high chance there's just a larger amount of nuclear families there anyway.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X